{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags in full control of One Call Stadium

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags in full control of One Call Stadium

Postby sunray » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 15.03.2019 John Radford last payment for the ground
Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:53 pm

a reminder of what John Radford said at the fans forum in 2014

https://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetai ... ewsid=7586

John Radford: I don’t think there’s any reason that the ground should ever be re-united with the club. There should be a peppercorn rental set for the club, but I don’t think the football club should have that asset. Football clubs get sued all the time. If that football club gets sued for a million pounds, we can’t have that football club have an asset that could go to someone suing them. So it’s basically for legal reasons. Ideally yes I’d like to say yes let’s join them back up but let’s say 10 years down the line I’m not here and MTFC gets sued or something like that then the ground can be attainable or can be taken as part of the assets of the football club. I’d rather keep it separate, keep it in a trust. If I’m looking at this as far as a business in concerned, to protect the football club, it’s better that the ground is safe in a trust.

Question (Darren): When you did reach a settlement with Mr Haslam you did have to sign this over-arch agreement where part of the deal was that you are not allowed to transfer the ground even to a supporters trust, unless Mr Haslam agrees to it. I think the agreement is that if you develop the ground in the next 20 years, 50% of the profits have to be paid to Keith Haslam.

John Radford: Yes that’s exactly correct. The reason I managed to get a reasonable price off Haslam was I was prepared to sign that this stays with MTFC at least for the next 20 years. He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case.

Makes you smile "He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case" So what do you call someone who develops an hotel on part of the site.

Hope none of the profit from building the hotel goes to Haslam.

Whilst ever JR owns/controls the property company no problem with it owning the ground. Nice to see a long term ground lease put in place at a true peppercorn rent to protect the football club for say the next 50 years.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm

sunray wrote:

John Radford: I don’t think there’s any reason that the ground should ever be re-united with the club. There should be a peppercorn rental set for the club, but I don’t think the football club should have that asset. Football clubs get sued all the time. If that football club gets sued for a million pounds, we can’t have that football club have an asset that could go to someone suing them. So it’s basically for legal reasons. Ideally yes I’d like to say yes let’s join them back up but let’s say 10 years down the line I’m not here and MTFC gets sued or something like that then the ground can be attainable or can be taken as part of the assets of the football club. I’d rather keep it separate, keep it in a trust. If I’m looking at this as far as a business in concerned, to protect the football club, it’s better that the ground is safe in a trust.

Question (Darren): When you did reach a settlement with Mr Haslam you did have to sign this over-arch agreement where part of the deal was that you are not allowed to transfer the ground even to a supporters trust, unless Mr Haslam agrees to it. I think the agreement is that if you develop the ground in the next 20 years, 50% of the profits have to be paid to Keith Haslam.

John Radford: Yes that’s exactly correct. The reason I managed to get a reasonable price off Haslam was I was prepared to sign that this stays with MTFC at least for the next 20 years. He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case.

Makes you smile "He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case" So what do you call someone who develops an hotel on part of the site.

Whilst ever JR owns/controls the property company no problem with it owning the ground. Nice to see a long term ground lease put in place at a true peppercorn rent to protect the football club for say the next 50 years.

Where's the hotel, gone quiet with the others being built, me personally do t think it will happen now.
Don't you think they meant building houses after running the club into the ground?
He puts his money where his mouth is, rids us of that chancer(cancer), very competitive budget and you still have a dig!!!

You absolute nub end :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
sunray wrote:

Where's the hotel, gone quiet with the others being built, me personally do t think it will happen now.
Don't you think they meant building houses after running the club into the ground?
He puts his money where his mouth is, rids us of that chancer(cancer), very competitive budget and you still have a dig!!!

You absolute nub end :roll:

From what I've heard, the hotel is nowhere near a solid idea. Some people high up don't even want it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager