{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham fred sponsored by Don't Forget Your Passport

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham fred sponsored by Don't Forget Your Passport

Postby yaxhamstag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Not sure I agree with others that 7 from 9 will be enough in next 3 games. I think we need to win all 3. MK have easier games than us. Think we will need 85 , maybe 86 for promotion. [b][b]The game away at MK could be the clincher[/b][/b].

Oh dear…
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Harrington St Stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 pm

Our substitutes didn’t have a good game when they came on imo - Maris may be the exception to that statement.

If you loose your first choice player due to injury you need the replacement to do a job in a game as big as this.

I thought the referee got many things wrong today but I agreed with the disallowed goal.

I hope the injured players are not long term. We need to get our strongest eleven out on Monday.
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby victor A block » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Gale not good enough for this level

Correct.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tidy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Very poor today, it was difficult to watch. Players did appear tired and sluggish... the shot of Clough with his head in his hands pretty much summed things up for me. Let's hope they brush it off and come back fighting Monday
Tidy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 pm

That referee was worse than the one at Wimbledon and believe me, that takes some doing.
That tackle on Hewitt anywhere else in the league was a red card.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby robda1st » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 pm

lewis has played most of his career at RB, why not bring on maris and put him there? Surely he couldn't have been as bad as akins was.

The line up was wrong, then the changes at half time where just awful(even though it was due to injuries there was better options) and taking of dkd and basicaly saying don't bother lads this game is lost was just embarrassing.

Please clough just go back to basics and stop trying to be to clever and please, please, please stop playing bowery in defence, Even thoug he wasn't the worst he gets caught out time and time again every game!
robda1st
Manager
Manager

Postby Tidy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:That referee was worse than the one at Wimbledon and believe me, that takes some doing.

Completely agree.
Tidy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby robda1st » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 pm

Tidy wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:That referee was worse than the one at Wimbledon and believe me, that takes some doing.

Completely agree.

refs should be made accountable. they should at least have to be interviewed after the game to justify there decisions. That might make them a bit more conscious of how bad they look if its put right there in front of them
robda1st
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
broomo wrote:Not even sure I want to go back and read the thread.

Horrible day. Macca was really very poor.

DKD goal should have stood. There is no foul.

Penalty wasn't a penalty.

Irrespective of our performance the ref has had an absolutely disgraceful impact on the game from the 2nd minute on.

I think even with my yellow tinted glasses on that DKD incident wasn’t a goal, keeper had two hands on it.

Go again Monday

I'll watch it back, maybe I'm wrong but to me the keeper doesn't ever have one hand "on it" never mind 2.

He's fumbled it onto DKD.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm

Irrespective of our performance the ref has had an absolutely disgraceful impact on the game from the 2nd minute on.

Agree about Macca, he had a mare, going in both directions. Injuries screwed us massively today. McLean could easily have had a red card for that challenge. No attempt to play the ball and every intention of cleaning out Hewitt.

The challenge for the penalty was clearly outside the area but it was ugly and didn’t need to me made. In JB’s defence the last place you’d want to be asked to play three separate positions is probably at Wrexham. Desperately need at least one of the other recognised centre backs available for Monday.

It wasn’t sticking for Lucas up top and then he really struggled at RB too, Ollie Clarke wasn’t at the races. Massive credit to George Maris for not only making himself available but also looking like one of the calmest players on the pitch and using the ball well when he can on when so many of his team mates had lost their composure.

Despite this mini wobble (and it is undoubtedly a wobble) we are still extremely well placed. This side usually bounces back very well, I wouldn’t put it past us to go and thump Accrington.
Last edited by Showaddywaddy on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm

well that’s my Easter bank holiday spoilt. Thanks a lot
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm

victor A block wrote:

Correct.

Game had gone when he came on (even though only 1-0) and his was the only decent shot I remember from us, maybe Lewis effort that wasn’t on target. We never got any type of grip on the game and our general play from back to front was very poor.

As I said earlier, it’s not the time to blame individuals for what was a collective failure especially junior members of the squad.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 pm

broomo wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:

I think even with my yellow tinted glasses on that DKD incident wasn’t a goal, keeper had two hands on it.

Go again Monday

I'll watch it back, maybe I'm wrong but to me the keeper doesn't ever have one hand "on it" never mind 2.

He's fumbled it onto DKD.

Fully agree Broomo (Wow...Lol).....GK had 2 hands on it but it looked like when DKD nipped it off him he had fumbled it...DKD didnt appear to knock it out his hands.

Lets hope we can patch the defence up and go with Reed, Quinn, Maris, Clarke and then any 2 from DKD, Akins and Swan.
We need to get back to controlling games and creating chances.
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 pm

robda1st wrote:lewis has played most of his career at RB, why not bring on maris and put him there? Surely he couldn't have been as bad as akins was.

The line up was wrong, then the changes at half time where just awful(even though it was due to injuries there was better options) and taking of dkd and basicaly saying don't bother lads this game is lost was just embarrassing.

Please clough just go back to basics and stop trying to be to clever and please, please, please stop playing bowery in defence, Even thoug he wasn't the worst he gets caught out time and time again every game!

Despite the penalty that never was, (following another Macca error) Bowery was our best defender today.

The fact that he's a convered striker & played 3 different slots in the back four today obviously isn't ideal but he was the least of our problems today.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm

victor A block wrote:We are in trouble for the auto's no question.

Are we reet here or what ?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Costastag wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:3 home games on the spin. Let’s not worry about MK as 9 points from those 3 games and we’ll be ok

Seven out of the nine will be enough :coys:

I think MK will win the last 5 games. Will 7 points be enough then?

We can not lose that game.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Costastag wrote:
yaxhamstag wrote:3 home games on the spin. Let’s not worry about MK as 9 points from those 3 games and we’ll be ok

Well i dont think,they will so yes it will be enough :coys:it will,be done and dusted before mk :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 pm

Watched the game over here. Ref had a stinker. Penalty decision badly wrong. Disallowed goal wrong. That said, several players did not get going. Should have been a straight red on McClean for the stupid challenge on Hewitt after just a few minutes. The fact that today's ref has officiated in the Championship season and had a stinker today speaks volumes.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Costastag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:well that’s my Easter bank holiday spoilt. Thanks a lot

Its the rising on monday stay calm :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Costastag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Costastag wrote:

Well i dont think,they will so yes it will be enough :coys:it will,be done and dusted before mk :coys:

I sure hope so Costa!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Costastag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:well that’s my Easter bank holiday spoilt. Thanks a lot

Its the rising on monday stay calm :lol:

seems a long way away youth atm
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

The ref had a shocker, no surprise they got all the decisions go their way same old.But this is a side top of the table, why was there no fight/quality 2nd half was embarrassing. Just a real Deja vu sense it’s all happening again. I hope I’m wrong, just don’t think we can take another capitulation end of season like before, would feel for all the fans. Play offs, just give me a cold shudder
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

victor A block wrote:

Correct.

Thought he showed up well but it's opinions again.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 pm

the injuries to Hewitt , Brunt and Swan are more concerning than the defeat , we can’t finish the job with a makeshift defence and Nichols is no replacement for Swanny.
Based on the replay ref got the disallowed goal right and the pen wrong.
McClean is a thug too !
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 1970Stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Criticising Gale when Nicholls was far far worse, and what does Boateng bring to the team, apart from backward passes? Quinn obviously not fit either?
Gale had our only chance of the game!
It was poor today, but Brunt stops the cross as any defender normally would do, then they dont score, and the ref gives a foul instead of a pen and thety dont score and it's 0-0 and that would be a fair result.
Sadly DKD took it out the GK's hands when it was off the ground, saw it on the Sky replay.
Sky never showed a replay of the Hewitt or Brunt injuries, which was very frustrating, as I'd like to see the tackle on Hewitt again, as Wrexham were obviously wanting to test him, and he'd looked good, so it will be great to see him back monday hopefully, same with Swan, who also looked lively. Amazing how much stick Akins gets but take him from up top and you realise how impotent we are up there, especially with DKD off the pitch as well!
Have to beat Accrington, and we can!
COYS
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum