{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wrexham fred sponsored by Don't Forget Your Passport

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wrexham fred sponsored by Don't Forget Your Passport

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 pm

ok we all have watched it, and its all about opinions. Mine is that the Ref was a complete arse, but our strength in depth is not what we thought it was. We finished with two centre forwards at full backs and a young lad at centre forward who is a novice. I still maintain that we needed a goal scoring centre forward in january, happy clappers said not but Nigel tried for one. monday is massive.
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Not sure I agree with others that 7 from 9 will be enough in next 3 games. I think we need to win all 3. MK have easier games than us. Think we will need 85 , maybe 86 for promotion. The game away at MK could be the clincher.

MK can only get to 85 maximum, so 85 would do it with our goal difference. They would need to win all their games to get there.

Barrow can still get to 88.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 pm

I cannot believe that penalty decision.

3 home games for us now, we need 7 points minimum.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 pm

1970Stag wrote:Criticising Gale when Nicholls was far far worse, and what does Boateng bring to the team, apart from backward passes? Quinn obviously not fit either?
Gale had our only chance of the game!
It was poor today, but Brunt stops the cross as any defender normally would do, then they dont score, and the ref gives a foul instead of a pen and thety dont score and it's 0-0 and that would be a fair result.
Sadly DKD took it out the GK's hands when it was off the ground, saw it on the Sky replay.
Sky never showed a replay of the Hewitt or Brunt injuries, which was very frustrating, as I'd like to see the tackle on Hewitt again, as Wrexham were obviously wanting to test him, and he'd looked good, so it will be great to see him back monday hopefully, same with Swan, who also looked lively. Amazing how much stick Akins gets but take him from up top and you realise how impotent we are up there, especially with DKD off the pitch as well!
Have to beat Accrington, and we can!
COYS

Those 3 subs were all poor. Boaetang just strolls around, Gale can't control a football and I've no idea what Clough is asking Nichols to do but its not working.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:Know we’re up against it but not having Tom Nichols has added anything to this game

He’s pathetic. Can’t run whatsoever and he’s painfully lightweight. Not good enough.

That’s a really poor comment. How long has he been here? How many starts! Some players just take time to settle. People made similar comments about Hewitt when he first came. Far too easy to turn on individual players following a huge disappointment today.
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby broomo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 pm

In two hands? Are you having a laugh?

https://twitter.com/HFOTC1878/status/17 ... pMWqA&s=19
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm

If we have to play old Macca in the next couple of games then I really worry for us, he needs to retire at the end of the season. You can blame the ref all you want but too many players didnt turn up today and we created nothing.

Big game Monday
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Bowery and Akins take a lot of flak, but over the context of the whole season, they're a huge factor in why we are where we are in the league despite a ridiculous amount of injuries - which seem to have crept back in yet again when we thought we were over that debacle.

Now if people are adamant they need to pick out individuals, Lewis has been terrible for consecutive weeks now (I actually can't remember his last good game?) and Nichols is making John McAliskey's hold up play look like it would be an improvement if we had him back.

I've seen stronger and more physically battling performances in kids football than from the pair of them.
Last edited by stagmanrob on Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Win 3 of the 4 home games and we will be up. If we do that it doesn’t matter what happens away. I know that isn’t a mathematical certainty but is the reality of the situation.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 pm

CassellsCap wrote:I hope the players don’t read the comments on here . In fact I’m glad I don’t very often .

Good post. Seldom read stagsnet immediately after a game and just remembered why!
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Costastag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Win 3 of the 4 home games and we will be up. If we do that it doesn’t matter what happens away. I know that isn’t a mathematical certainty but is the reality of the situation.

Yeah I think 7 out of the next nine will do us before mk away lets get it done
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 pm

broomo wrote:In two hands? Are you having a laugh?

https://twitter.com/HFOTC1878/status/17 ... pMWqA&s=19

The angle they showed on Sky shows he has both hands on the ball and DKD takes it out with his knee, it wasn't a goal.
I thought the GK was on the ground with the ball (out of the area) but he wasn't.
And everyone saying ridiculous decision for the penalty, we are agreeing it was quite clearly a foul, but you think it was outside the box, which it was to start with, but dont do that challenge and give the ref chance to give a pen!
I thought the ref was poor, but the assessor gave him 12/10! :lol:
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:00 pm

The disallowed goal was the correct decision in my opinion, that video on twitter doesn't show when DKD takes it out of the keepers hands, a split second before the video starts.

How anyone can argue that the penalty decision was correct is beyond me, it's 2 yards out the area for crying out loud. There is no 'to start with' about it, it was a single contact well outside of the box.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Bowery fouls his man outside the area. Ref gives a penalty.

What was the linesman looking at? About 10 yards away and in perfect line with the edge of the box, did not signal a foul, penalty, or made the referee aware the tackle was nowhere near the penalty area.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 pm

Stoney wrote:The disallowed goal was the correct decision in my opinion, that video on twitter doesn't show when DKD takes it out of the keepers hands, a split second before the video starts.

How anyone can argue that the penalty decision was correct is beyond me, it's 2 yards out the area for crying out loud. There is no 'to start with' about it, it was a single contact well outside of the box.

Yep I agree, keeper clearly had the ball under control (2 hands means nothing in law) and the penalty was an appalling decision.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Martin thinks the goal should have stood to, he’s replied to my tweet. He may have seen another angle.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 pm

No need to panic. Two mistakes, one from Brunt and one fo the ref the difference. Didn't see anything from Wrexham that made them better than us. We controlled large parts of the game but didn't show enough up front. Very pragmatic from Nigel after the 2nd goal. Accepted the game was gone so took DKD and Clarke off and didn't bother with Quinn. It's still very much in our own hands. Minimum of 7 hopefully 9 from the next 3. The biggest worry is the injuries. Get through Monday with a win somehow then a week with the feet up.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Martin thinks the goal should have stood to, he’s replied to my tweet. He may have seen another angle.

It would have stood at the other end that's for sure.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Martin thinks the goal should have stood to, he’s replied to my tweet. He may have seen another angle.

It would have stood at the other end that's for sure.

Absolutely.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 pm

Thing is now we’ve 3 home games in a row and it’s a perfect chance to get back on winning ways.

Accrington’s season is over and they’re on a terrible run of form, get an early goal and i imagine we’ll be fine.

Need 6 minimum.

Come on lads, please don’t bottle it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 pm

Looks like the mini blip is going to make it a very tense run in
We could sadly still blow it
Would NOT fancy chances in the play offs and it would mean county and the sheep all over again
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 pm

Not sure what situations we had that Nigel is referring to, thought we were toothless up front and in midfield
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 pm

victor A block wrote:
1970Stag wrote:Criticising Gale when Nicholls was far far worse, and what does Boateng bring to the team, apart from backward passes? Quinn obviously not fit either?
Gale had our only chance of the game!
It was poor today, but Brunt stops the cross as any defender normally would do, then they dont score, and the ref gives a foul instead of a pen and thety dont score and it's 0-0 and that would be a fair result.
Sadly DKD took it out the GK's hands when it was off the ground, saw it on the Sky replay.
Sky never showed a replay of the Hewitt or Brunt injuries, which was very frustrating, as I'd like to see the tackle on Hewitt again, as Wrexham were obviously wanting to test him, and he'd looked good, so it will be great to see him back monday hopefully, same with Swan, who also looked lively. Amazing how much stick Akins gets but take him from up top and you realise how impotent we are up there, especially with DKD off the pitch as well!
Have to beat Accrington, and we can!
COYS

Those 3 subs were all poor. Boaetang just strolls around, Gale can't control a football and I've no idea what Clough is asking Nichols to do but its not working.

It was all about planning for Monday and quite right too. Three home games now and time to remain behind the team and manager.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Win 3 of the 4 home games and we will be up. If we do that it doesn’t matter what happens away. I know that isn’t a mathematical certainty but is the reality of the situation.

Bang on. Monday is crucial
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 pm

chimneyboy wrote:ok we all have watched it, and its all about opinions. Mine is that the Ref was a complete arse, but our strength in depth is not what we thought it was. We finished with two centre forwards at full backs and a young lad at centre forward who is a novice. I still maintain that we needed a goal scoring centre forward in january, happy clappers said not but Nigel tried for one. monday is massive.

Nichols was a panic buy after not securing the Gregory loan true story … but on we go these home games now are must wins so everyone in the ground need to get behind them from minute one till the final whistle coys
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum