{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:18 pm

very brief so far. Longer report tomorrow

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1275
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:54 pm

my detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:40 pm

"A brilliant goal from Anderson. I think it was more a question of brilliant play than poor defending."

The goal came from Hiram Boateng missing a header from a goal kick in the centre. Boateng and Bowery then head the ball to each other and lose it. I don't know why Jordan Bowery was challenging for the ball in the centre because this leaves Fevrier totally unmarked. He crosses the ball and it flicks off Hopper to Harry Anderson who beats Cargill and then squeezes a shot past Lewis Brunt and Christy Pym into the far corner. Lewis Brunt should have blocked it as he was very close to the ball.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:53 pm

I think that's harsh on Brunt. He gets close to Anderson but the shot goes past him. It's great play from Anderson.

You can always look for something that could be done better when you concede a goal. But I don't think there is anything really bad for that goal. I certainly wouldn't class it as a bad goal to concede, unlike for example Bradford's goal last week, Swindon's second goal.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:19 pm

Lewis Brunt is so close to the ball that he has to get a foot in and block it. You would be very disappointed as a defender that it got past you.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Lewis Brunt is so close to the ball that he has to get a foot in and block it. You would be very disappointed as a defender that it got past you.

There have been a few goal recently where, at first view, I don't think that Brunt has reacted quickly enough with the ball coming to him. I felt at the time it is his fear of sticking in his own goal or taking charge. Bluntly, he is a young kid and this is one of his few areas to really develop as he moves forward in his career
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum