{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bantams fred sponsored by rain...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bantams fred sponsored by rain...

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:23 am

Sneag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Simply fantastic. A bit sour on their forum. We're bang average apparently

It's just the odd clown, most of their forum were quite complimentary.

Interesting for me was how many of their fans commented on how fit & fast we are, when I think on here the general consensus is that we don"t really have much pace in the squad at all.

We don’t have pace - it was how slow they are - we were saying that yesterday.

The bradford fans have said this is a massive problem for them and it’s not been addressed by either hughes or alexander.

Fitness wise we’ve always been good under clough and how well we close down. We’re good in general at reading the game.

If we do go up, pace (especially in midfield) is something which is going need to be a big priority.
Last edited by adamstag on Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:32 am

MOTG wrote:To all our mighty Stag fans travelling today. Hope you all have safe journeys. Sing your hearts out for the team ! You are our 12th man ! You can all help the team achieve promotion this season!
COYS !!

Thankyou all for singing your hearts out for the team!
The Stags fans sounded absolutely terrific cheering on our excellent team performance.
Credit to fans and the management. What a decision to kick off towards the Stags fans first half .
We could and should have had more goals if not for their goalkeeper.
Gale looked sharp when he came on too ! With him and Hewitt we have further strength in our squad if required.
So wonderful to be top of the league at this stage of the Season. Let’s all enjoy it but still work to be done to achieve what we have all been waiting for for years! ….. COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 am

MOTG wrote:
MOTG wrote:To all our mighty Stag fans travelling today. Hope you all have safe journeys. Sing your hearts out for the team ! You are our 12th man ! You can all help the team achieve promotion this season!
COYS !!

Thankyou all for singing your hearts out for the team!
The Stags fans sounded absolutely terrific cheering on our excellent team performance.
Credit to fans and the management. What a decision to kick off towards the Stags fans first half .
We could and should have had more goals if not for their goalkeeper.
Gale looked sharp when he came on too ! With him and Hewitt we have further strength in our squad if required.
So wonderful to be top of the league at this stage of the Season. Let’s all enjoy it but still work to be done to achieve what we have all been waiting for for years! ….. COYS

:clap: :good_post:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:16 am

Staggyfox wrote:
Costastag wrote:Absolutely stupendous could have been eight or none :coys:

Glad it wasn’t none…… Hola from Calp

Hope your enjoying this glorious weather :D
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:44 am

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:49 am

This team is unbelievable, what a time to be a stags fan!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 am

Simply stunning performance.
Brunt, Reed superb. Boetang for me his best game in a Stags shirt including the Harrogate game.
Swan fantastic leading the line.
If Flinty could head a ball with the same determination in the opposition box he does in his own he'd be on 5 or 6 by now.
Absolutely battered em.
Still early to count those chickens but we will take some stopping if we keep that up.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:16 am

eggy wrote:Just to disagree with everyone else so far :D

Brunt MOM for me, won every header, didn't get beaten in defence*, and decent distribution as well.

* Need to see their goal again before I blame anyone

Lewis Brunt had a great game but he should have headed the ball away for Bradford's goal and Stephen McLaughlln should have stopped the cross.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:24 am

1st Half Thoughts: Wonderful

Post Match Thoughts: Marvellous. We should have scored ten.

Really hard to pick a MOM. Stephen Quinn, Louis Reed, Will Swan, Davis Keillor Dunn and Lewis Brunt stood out for me in the 1st half.

I gave it to Stephen Quinn in the end because he was great in the 1st half driving us forward. He looked like he was going to create something every time he had the ball in Bradford's half. and was involved in three of the four goals.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:34 am

What an incredible performance that was. Battered them from the very first minute. We looked every part a promotion worthy team (again). 27 shots for us compared to just 6 for Bradford. So so good.

A week off for us now before the Colchester game - hopefully we play the same 11 that started today! Having DKD, Swan and Akins on the pitch at the same time means we’ll always have plenty of goals in us.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:39 pm

First game I've not attended/seen...watched the highlights..tremendous first half.......solid second...League One finally ....can't wait
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:04 pm

I did not see that coming a great 3 points when coming off a defeat and kept us ahead off the pack.
A Wrexham loss to Tranmere we know how that feels, and Crewe were beaten so all in all not a bad set of results.
A great day for all Stag fans another away day to remember,
We came out of this run of games in great shape , and now 8 to go, 5 at home and and 3 away with us being on SKY. tv twice
Wrexham and MKD away a big big challenge,
The pressure is on and a weeks break before Colchester, im am one game at a time the nerves are kicking in.
Funny Old Game we wanted one goal last season for the play offs, Now can we do automatics, we are certainly giving it a go.
Thank you club and fans for another memory, well done
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:28 pm

What an amazing away day that was yesterday. My brother in law is from Bradford and he said we are the best team to visit Valley Parade this season. My husband is also from Bradford and I gave him the choice where to sit yesterday, he chose Stags end as he has been to far more Mansfield games with me over the years. We could not believe it that we were 4 nil up at half time. We stood in a brilliant position behind the goal and every one of those goals was quality!
This team is something special, Clough has given us our club back and this has been an amazing journey. I have no doubt we will get promoted as we are too good.
A word to our fans, wonderful support and backing from the first minute to the last :coys:
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:41 pm

Great day for the top.of the league Underdog :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:02 pm

london amber stag wrote:What an amazing away day that was yesterday. My brother in law is from Bradford and he said we are the best team to visit Valley Parade this season. My husband is also from Bradford and I gave him the choice where to sit yesterday, he chose Stags end as he has been to far more Mansfield games with me over the years. We could not believe it that we were 4 nil up at half time. We stood in a brilliant position behind the goal and every one of those goals was quality!
This team is something special, Clough has given us our club back and this has been an amazing journey. I have no doubt we will get promoted as we are too good.
A word to our fans, wonderful support and backing from the first minute to the last :coys:

Yes brilliant but without our owners we would be nowhere nigel has been a breath of fresh air but without the radfords we would have sunk
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:37 pm

Amazing win…I’m still slightly annoyed Macca didn’t stop that cross :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Amazing win…I’m still slightly annoyed Macca didn’t stop that cross :lol:

Yes, he showed why Clough only brings him on when we need a goal or when we’re cruising.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum