{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport scorefred sponsored by 1 down 7 to go

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Newport scorefred sponsored by 1 down 7 to go

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Williams was unreal today , won every single personal battle he had. Not fussed about how good he is going forward away from home if I'm honest.

We’ve won all four of the games he’s started recently and conceded one goal. Our only recent defeat at Walsall I was when he didn’t feature.

He’s been patient, professional and brilliant.

He's a bit like Sir Les, not quite in his class, but very solid, reliable and seems a very good character - which he demonstrated in some of the cup games. It means we won't have to rush Hewitt back, who is our best RB by a distance.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Sneag wrote:
HU7stag wrote:
broomo wrote:
SelstonStag88 wrote:Williams is a good defender. Miles behind Hewitt and Johnson though He really frustrates me when he decides to mark there man while we have possession :D, acres on the right when Reed turns out to play as he's marking there player. I know that's his game which is fair enough and I don't want to sound to harsh after a win.

Tuesday is Huge, they'll be right at it after today's result, a win and I may just start to believe.

Coys

There is absolutely NOTHING to be negative about after today. Williams more than played his part.

A win and another clean sheet. That's 4 "in form" teams we've played and we've got 9 points, scored 16 and conceded 5.

I say this every time folk say "don't get carried away", if you can't enjoy this and be absolutely buzzing about this team you'll never enjoy anything.

Also for those who say "Don't get carried away" can you please apply the same logic when we don't win.

Mansfield folk and stags fans are negative by default. Whilst enjoying both the result and topping the table, there's nothing wrong with "don't get carried away". 1 game at a time.

It's Nigel Clough's mantra afterall. :D

I get your point but he HAS to say that, it's his job.

The fans job is to go absolutely mental with joy, to be slightly "rose tinted" and to believe that more than ever this team is ready to deliver.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Dan wrote:What did Lewis do to annoy clogger?

Signed for us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:48 pm

Broomo, enjoy the game, enjoy the day, enjoy the season so far.

Start banking points you haven't won yet, prepare to get your arse bitten. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:48 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Williams was unreal today , won every single personal battle he had. Not fussed about how good he is going forward away from home if I'm honest.

Williams man of the match for me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SelstonStag88 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:51 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

If you thought Williams was motm, I'd suggest you watch rugby.

Bailey cargill must of been playing golf today?

By far and away motm
SelstonStag88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:55 pm

Rob wrote:
Showaddywaddy wrote:

We’ve won all four of the games he’s started recently and conceded one goal. Our only recent defeat at Walsall I was when he didn’t feature.

He’s been patient, professional and brilliant.

He's a bit like Sir Les, not quite in his class, but very solid, reliable and seems a very good character - which he demonstrated in some of the cup games. It means we won't have to rush Hewitt back, who is our best RB by a distance.

Yes, he reminds me of Les Robinson. Zanzala is a tricky winger and he handled him well. Also a good talker who organises those around him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:58 pm

SelstonStag88 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

By far and away motm

It’s a matter of opinion. As NC said Cargill (who played well) had licence to push forward. Williams anchored the defence against a very good winger.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SelstonStag88 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:06 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
SelstonStag88 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

By far and away motm

It’s a matter of opinion. As NC said Cargill (who played well) had licence to push forward. Williams anchored the defence against a very good winger.

Offrande zanzala? The striker not winger? Agree with your points that both fullbacks did different roles but zanzala a very good winger? The blokes a striker for one who's been out injured for a year only came back last week and woeful anyway. In for a big shock with some league 1 wingers, they are a different breed.
SelstonStag88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:08 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Big game on Tuesday night. Should I repeat my late night run such as when I did when we hosted Harrogate?!

As long as it’s not a park run, people have been stoned to death on here for boring us all with that info.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby mhs » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:14 pm

SelstonStag88 wrote:
Offrande zanzala? The striker not winger? Agree with your points that both fullbacks did different roles but zanzala a very good winger? The blokes a striker for one who's been out injured for a year only came back last week and woeful anyway. In for a big shock with some league 1 wingers, they are a different breed.

Does Williams owe you some money or something?
He was really good today and has been decent every time he's been called upon.
mhs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:18 pm

I am convinced we are going to win the league and I don’t think that is either getting carried away or looking at things through rose tinted glasses. It’s based on the fact we have too much quality in too much depth for the rest of the division and it’s starting to show itself right when we want it to. After years of being envious of other sides and as lacking in key areas right now there’s 23 other teams and managers who’d gladly swap places with us and have our squad.

I’m just not getting the usual heebie-jeebies vibe this time and think we will not only have promotion in the bag but also the title with a game or two to spare.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:20 pm

A very solid and professional performance and a giant step towards the championship of League Two.

Every man played his part against a determined Newport team who had no chance of breaking us down. A thoroughly deserved 3 points. Congratulations to all.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SelstonStag88 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:25 pm

mhs wrote:
SelstonStag88 wrote:

I wish he did, I just can't get away with our full back marking while we have the ball. I found it funny in the end as we won but still
SelstonStag88
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:27 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Big game on Tuesday night. Should I repeat my late night run such as when I did when we hosted Harrogate?!

As long as it’s not a park run, people have been stoned to death on here for boring us all with that info.

:lol: :lol:
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:38 pm

What decision is Coughlan chirping on about in his post matches?…
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:53 pm

Very workmanlike performance today
Cargill is a giant
Williams looking very good and has stepped up
Worried for Tuesday as we know our Stags like the odd step back after a good few forward but hoping we can at least take a point
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:53 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:What decision is Coughlan chirping on about in his post matches?…

He is a bitter man. He hasn’t got a clue what he’s chirping on about! Clueless.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:54 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Very workmanlike performance today
Cargill is a giant
Williams looking very good and has stepped up
Worried for Tuesday as we know our Stags like the odd step back after a good few forward but hoping we can at least take a point

Worried! This squad is different to the others. The mentality this season is massively different!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:56 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:What decision is Coughlan chirping on about in his post matches?…

He is a bitter man. He hasn’t got a clue what he’s chirping on about! Clueless.

Actually, he’s an idiot for moaning so much about the referee. So glad he’s not our manager.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:08 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:I am convinced we are going to win the league and I don’t think that is either getting carried away or looking at things through rose tinted glasses. It’s based on the fact we have too much quality in too much depth for the rest of the division and it’s starting to show itself right when we want it to. After years of being envious of other sides and as lacking in key areas right now there’s 23 other teams and managers who’d gladly swap places with us and have our squad.

I’m just not getting the usual heebie-jeebies vibe this time and think we will not only have promotion in the bag but also the title with a game or two to spare.

People who say "one game at a time" should be reminded that cautious psychology is for players and coaches. Fans don't have to worry about all that, and have every right to enjoy a spell of success and look forward to more of the same. I know that there's superstition, but in reality our predictions of promotion or doom don't make the slightest difference to what will actually be.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:11 pm

WoodhouseStag wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Listening to Welsh commentary on the radio.

Christ they are biased

Our iFollow commentators are incredibly biased too :lol:

Our iFollow commentators are incredibly fair
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:19 pm

SelstonStag88 wrote:
mhs wrote:
SelstonStag88 wrote:

I wish he did, I just can't get away with our full back marking while we have the ball. I found it funny in the end as we won but still

We kept a clean sheet so he and the rest of the defence did their job. Fair enough he may not be your man of the match but I don’t get your criticism of Williams. Enjoy the win.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimmy11 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:22 pm

Well done to the Manager, the Players and Fans who travelled. Great result and team performance ! I am sure the players did exactly what was asked of them by the Manager and Coaches and gave us all the result we wanted. Well done to all as it takes all eleven on the field to deliver. The Stags are going up.
Jimmy11
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chacawab » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:27 pm

Dare we dream?!
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum