{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford scorefred sponsored by lets do this

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Salford scorefred sponsored by lets do this

Postby diablo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:50 am

Brilliant result ....well done...onwards and upwards , League One beckons
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:08 am

It was good that we played the ball forward a lot quicker than normal and it made it a better attacking performance. I am surprised it was mentioned that they made us kick towards the QLE first half.
Robinson being a scouser thinking it might affect us not kicking towards the Kop in second half.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:13 am

Akins goal was just sublime from brunt recieving thre ball, epic pass even better touch and finish
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:13 am

Brunt is so so good.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:27 am

Excellent result and performance all round.
Let's not relinquish that top spot now
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Harrington St Stag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:52 am

We looked superb yesterday, and what a bench to call on in the last 20 minutes. Credit to everyone, including the fans.
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:00 pm

great result, superb performance

well done all
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:08 pm

MTFC Man wrote:Stephen Quinn now has 10 assists (One every 119.9 minutes) compared to Jodi Jones 20 (1 every 124.35 minutes)

Would love to see their reaction if somebody posted that on their forum !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Frankenstag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 pm

Happy days are here again
The Stags are scoring goals again
It could be five, it could be ten
Happy days are here again
Frankenstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:23 pm

Simplystaggered wrote:So jealous of kids having their first season at The Mill, thinking that it's always like this.

My stepson's first season was 2001/02 aged 6.
His first 5 seasons had a promotion, a relegation, a play off final, and 2 away trips to Premier League clubs in the FA cup.
Football ? Completed it mate. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:53 pm

Rewatching the game & 2 things striking me so far.

1) every time Martin says Watt, I'm expecting Samuel L Jackson to be hollering "Say what again MF I dare ya"

2) what a novel idea to clean the camera lens with a buttery rag.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:49 pm

Well done the Stags a valuable 3 points against a very good side, its very strange after a wonderful season and all to play for.
Clough still cannot pick the correct starting 11.
After 1163 games in professional football some fans know he picks a team leaving better players on the bench because he fails to see his best 11.
Having a opinion against a fellow fan is normal, but thinking you know better than our Nigel, , dream on and the next vacancy you give your CV profile.
Anyway i will look at the league table every day until Sat and enjoy
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:54 pm

Team and fan performance A1.
Good time to be a Stags fan, really do believe we're going to do it this year..
:coys:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:32 pm

bear 73 wrote:Well done the Stags a valuable 3 points against a very good side, its very strange after a wonderful season and all to play for.
After 1163 games in professional football some fans know he picks a team leaving better players on the bench because he fails to see his best 11.
Having a opinion against a fellow fan is normal, but thinking you know better than our Nigel, , dream on and the next vacancy you give your CV profile.

Strewth :lol: I don't think internet football fan opinion forums are for everyone.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:09 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFC Man wrote:Stephen Quinn now has 10 assists (One every 119.9 minutes) compared to Jodi Jones 20 (1 every 124.35 minutes)

Would love to see their reaction if somebody posted that on their forum !!

Quinn has wrongly been credited with an assist for Cargill's goal yesterday. I have it down as Keillor-Dunn.
update - it has been changed to Keillor-Dunn since last night. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68324249)

I have Quinn on 9 assists.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:12 pm

He does have a point though -)). Everyone thought we had picked the wrong midfield against Harrogate and then again yesterday.

Earlier in the season Pym wasn’t the right keeper, Brunt was too big a risk and posters couldn’t see what Akins brought to the team. Transfer deadline day for some was a disaster then Will Swan shows what a great player he really is.

Some tough games still to go but you can’t help fancy us … most goals scored, least conceded, best goal difference. I take nothing for granted but if anyone can guide us over the line Nigel can. One game at a time , never too high , never too low.

I love this football club and on their day our fans are the best in league 2.

Fasten the seat belt and enjoy the ride.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:13 pm

Rob wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Well done the Stags a valuable 3 points against a very good side, its very strange after a wonderful season and all to play for.

Strewth :lol: I don't think internet football fan opinion forums are for everyone.

I’m not even sure who that particular post is aimed at Bear. Certainly don’t think there’s any need to keep reminding us that some supporters have questioned line ups in the past and are therefore ultimately wrong when we spank someone. You’ve developed the knack of putting a negative spin on a great season with little digs at supporters at every opportunity, coupled with the fact we are little Mansfield and should be grateful for any modest success that comes our way.

This season is on the verge of becoming incredibly special, if you can’t appreciate the desire for supporters to see it over the line then you don’t understand the history that has come before, both recent and are more distant. I’m 42 years old and been a Stags supporter since the age of eight and I was all in after my first game. In the time I’ve witnessed three promotions and four relegations. The last of those promotions being back to the football league over a decade ago. There’s now a whole generation of new supporters yet to witness a promotion. Supporters will always get carried away and over-react, it’s an indescribable passion that never leaves you. I say this with no disrespect but it’s a passion that if you follow a manager’s career as opposed to a club that you can’t understand and there’s nothing wrong that.

I am a massive Clough supporter, he’s the best manager we’ve had in my time and I’d gladly stick another contract extension in front of him now. I’m convinced we are going to win the title this season, not because I’m an optimist (you’d be mad to be one of them if you support the Stags for as long as me) but based on the football we see week in week out. We are the best team in the league and I’m enjoying every second, others will panic and sweat until it’s done and dusted and that’s totally understandable and part of supporting a lower league club.

Bring on the run in, bring on League One, this journey with Clough could end somewhere very special and I hope it’s many years from now but one thing is for sure and that is it will end and when it does the supporters will still be here and the new gaffer will be scrutinised just as much.

Once a Stag, always a Stag.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Yes Bear if you don’t like the situation go back to one of your previous clubs
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:23 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:
Rob wrote:

I’m not even sure who that particular post is aimed at Bear. Certainly don’t think there’s any need to keep reminding us that some supporters have questioned line ups in the past and are therefore ultimately wrong when we spank someone. You’ve developed the knack of putting a negative spin on a great season with little digs at supporters at every opportunity, coupled with the fact we are little Mansfield and should be grateful for any modest success that comes our way.

This season is on the verge of becoming incredibly special, if you can’t appreciate the desire for supporters to see it over the line then you don’t understand the history that has come before, both recent and are more distant. I’m 42 years old and been a Stags supporter since the age of eight and I was all in after my first game. In the time I’ve witnessed three promotions and four relegations. The last of those promotions being back to the football league over a decade ago. There’s now a whole generation of new supporters yet to witness a promotion. Supporters will always get carried away and over-react, it’s an indescribable passion that never leaves you. I say this with no disrespect but it’s a passion that if you follow a manager’s career as opposed to a club that you can’t understand and there’s nothing wrong that.

I am a massive Clough supporter, he’s the best manager we’ve had in my time and I’d gladly stick another contract extension in front of him now. I’m convinced we are going to win the title this season, not because I’m an optimist (you’d be mad to be one of them if you support the Stags for as long as me) but based on the football we see week in week out. We are the best team in the league and I’m enjoying every second, others will panic and sweat until it’s done and dusted and that’s totally understandable and part of supporting a lower league club.

Bring on the run in, bring on League One, this journey with Clough could end somewhere very special and I hope it’s many years from now but one thing is for sure and that is it will end and when it does the supporters will still be here and the new gaffer will be scrutinised just as much.

Once a Stag, always a Stag.

You put that far more eloquently than I did :lol:

I'd say 99% of us feel the way you do.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:12 pm

Can’t remember a team scoring in eighth minute of added time in both halves of a game.

Must be a record.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:49 pm

In reply showwaddywaddy questioning line ups in the past/Sat was only one day ago.
As a negative poster we will see if promotion is not achieved i will accept that the season has been progress and another season to improve infrastructure,.
I like many others feel that having a dig at employees of the club does not help.
Clough has proved he puts in 100% and if he leaves the club will be in a better place, and has a record of not jumping ship for greener pastures.
I like thousands more came to watch a club struggling League 2 and were prepared for failure or success, Passion is built into every football supporter.
I have respect for the management and players of Mansfield Town FC,
I have respect for all the fans that support Mansfield Town in all weathers.
But sniping on a key board showing no respect for the Management team and players hits a nerve,
So a little dig from me makes no difference its like the Akins chant, for me distasteful, To disrespect becomes a opinion.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:00 pm

Jesus wept... Close the message board down now, so nothing can be debated or discussed :roll:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:00 pm

The response is not worth reading if anybody is wondering
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:02 pm

Given up looking how our rivals are doing during match day, as it’s all in our own hands now.
We will determine where we finish and taking one game at a time takes the pressure off and makes it an easier watch and more enjoyable COYS
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:34 pm

bear 73 wrote:In reply showwaddywaddy questioning line ups in the past/Sat was only one day ago.
As a negative poster we will see if promotion is not achieved i will accept that the season has been progress and another season to improve infrastructure,.
I like many others feel that having a dig at employees of the club does not help.
Clough has proved he puts in 100% and if he leaves the club will be in a better place, and has a record of not jumping ship for greener pastures.
I like thousands more came to watch a club struggling League 2 and were prepared for failure or success, Passion is built into every football supporter.
I have respect for the management and players of Mansfield Town FC,
I have respect for all the fans that support Mansfield Town in all weathers.
But sniping on a key board showing no respect for the Management team and players hits a nerve,
So a little dig from me makes no difference its like the Akins chant, for me distasteful, To disrespect becomes a opinion.

Fair enough Bear, I hope for your sake you aren’t a member of the Mansfield Town Followers Facebook page, I think you’d likely need a lie down in a dark room if your read some of the comments on there following a defeat but people are entitled to their own opinions and free to share them, no matter how ridiculous they may be. I consider myself quite considered in my own opinions about all things MTFC but I’m sure some people think I talk utter nonsense.

I’ve got to categorically disagree with you about this season being deemed as progress if we fail to get promoted. With the squad we’ve assembled, football we’ve played and position we’ve got ourselves into to not go up now would be a failure of such magnitude that it would dwarf all of our previous Mansfieldesque malfunctions going back years.

If we all adopted your stance it would make for a pretty sterile environment ‘oh well we lost but we must not question it’ or ‘we made slight progress this season, jolly good’. Football is not like that. Berating the players and manager and having an opinion are two different things, I’ve seen some over-reactions on here but no one is saying Clough isn’t good enough or the players are rubbish. I’ve never been one for getting on the managers back, with the exception of Carlton Palmer (Haslam’s mate) and David Holdsworth (arrogant and dreadful). There’s a bit more history that you probably don’t appreciate and I wouldn’t expect you to. You carry the scars of your clubs past forever, the Clough era is part of a much bigger picture, it’s a part I’m really enjoying because like thousands more I’ve endured the utter rubbish and boy has there been plenty of rubbish. When people cross the line then absolutely call them out on it, like the Akins chant and the muppets looking to cause trouble yesterday. When people voice an opinion you don’t like, then that’s just football supporters being football supporters. I’d imagine right now Wrexham fans are in meltdown, County fans want the manager sacked (I think he’s doing a fine job) and Man Utd fans thinking they should be ten points clear at the top of the league.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum