{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Rochdale (not Stags related)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Rochdale (not Stags related)

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:22 pm

Dan wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:If you know it's not Stags related why would you not post it on the right forum?!

I put it on here clearly stating in the title that it wasn't Stags related yet still people get a hard on about it. I put it in here because no one goes onto the other forum and it would be interesting to people to see it plus they've also got Tyrese Sinclair there so it would be of interest to some. Unlike park runs and such that you mention if you want to go down that route.

Johnny Rotten wrote:I pop out for a late evening 8-9km run to end it finding out Stags are five up at HT?!

Maybe I should do it more often?

Johnny Rotten wrote:
The One wrote:Plenty of rain down there, is inspection planned

Echo this. Stroud parkrun cancelled owing to flooding

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Dan, and apologies for my delay in replying in kind. I haven't been ignoring you, Sir.

Thank you for highlighting parkrun and it's a pleasant promotion for a thread I created in the non football forum of this parish (Tap Room) so I did put that knowingly in the correct forum for not being football or even Stags related (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=42170).

On that I ran at Tonbridge last weekend and threw in a reference to Mansfield Town and so for cheap clicks here is the link to my event report to Tonbridge parkrun event #450 - https://www.parkrun.org.uk/tonbridge/news/ :lol:
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Torquay United have gone into administration. The owner Clark Osborne who took over in 2016 can no longer fund the club. He said he was trying to build a new stadium for Torquay but nothing really happened.

Clarke Osborne is a controversial character who owns the Swindon Speedway team. He applied for planning permission to redevelop the Abbey Stadium at Swindon for speedway, greyhound racing and housing and then moved the speedway team out of the stadium. I don't think they are running a team this season. I remember BBC Wiltshire talking about this when the Stags played at Swindon. He had done something similar with the Reading speedway team. He was also involved in the past with Bristol Rovers when they were wanting to build a new ground after Eastville was sold to Ikea.

Torquay have loans of over £5 million.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68372224?
As Dan pointed out in his opening of this thread, we could have been in this awful situation. Like Rochdale I consider Torquay as a "proper" club.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:41 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Torquay United have gone into administration. The owner Clark Osborne who took over in 2016 can no longer fund the club. He said he was trying to build a new stadium for Torquay but nothing really happened.

Clarke Osborne is a controversial character who owns the Swindon Speedway team. He applied for planning permission to redevelop the Abbey Stadium at Swindon for speedway, greyhound racing and housing and then moved the speedway team out of the stadium. I don't think they are running a team this season. I remember BBC Wiltshire talking about this when the Stags played at Swindon. He had done something similar with the Reading speedway team. He was also involved in the past with Bristol Rovers when they were wanting to build a new ground after Eastville was sold to Ikea.

Torquay have loans of over £5 million.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68372224?
As Dan pointed out in his opening of this thread, we could have been in this awful situation. Like Rochdale I consider Torquay as a "proper" club.

Proper town too, lovely beaches :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:55 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby victor A block » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:28 pm

Hope it works out for them.
North West lower league clubs taken a bit of a hammering in recent years. Stockport dropping to level 6 before coming back, Oldham and Rochdale at level 5.
Rochdale in financial mire. Bury going bust as well as Macc. Always enjoyed going to all of these (less so Macclesfield)
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum