{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Abuse

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:57 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Racist abuse of an away player at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday

Not like Sheff Wed that
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:13 pm

Birmingham City and AFC Wimbledon both reported racist abuse of players this weekend
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:16 am

Answering the original question, I think social media has given people an outlet to be abusive about others without any consequences. You wouldn’t say most of the things you read on social media to someone’s face but it’s ok to hide behind a made-up name (like most of the names, mine included, on here) on the internet. IMO, all that’s happened is that people now are taking their social media attitudes into the public arena.
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:10 am

yaxhamstag wrote:Answering the original question, I think social media has given people an outlet to be abusive about others without any consequences. You wouldn’t say most of the things you read on social media to someone’s face but it’s ok to hide behind a made-up name (like most of the names, mine included, on here) on the internet. IMO, all that’s happened is that people now are taking their social media attitudes into the public arena.

That is a very good point. One of the reasons I decided to use my own name on here was to make me think more carefully about what I post and say on this forum, because you are more accountable for what you say.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Gruff » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:24 am

Steve North wrote:
That is a very good point. One of the reasons I decided to use my own name on here was to make me think more carefully about what I post and say on this forum, because you are more accountable for what you say.

Very admirable, Dave ;)
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Steve North » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:42 am

Gruff wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Very admirable, Dave ;)

:D :D :D
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:15 pm

;)
Steve North wrote:
Gruff wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Very admirable, Dave ;)

:D :D :D

;) Look North quickly :)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum