{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lucas

Postby yorkstag » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:51 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

I wouldn’t post something if I wasn’t being serious. Akins is playing well because he’s up front with support around him. That hasn’t always been the case and that’s why his start to his Mansfield career wasn’t great. He got scapegoated by fans but it was down to poor management IMO.

He was scapegoated by those on here who know little about football . Lucas has had to play in different positions because of injuries.
I would make a bet that Lucas is very popular with his team mates and his contribution valued.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:54 am

yorkstag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

I wouldn’t post something if I wasn’t being serious. Akins is playing well because he’s up front with support around him. That hasn’t always been the case and that’s why his start to his Mansfield career wasn’t great. He got scapegoated by fans but it was down to poor management IMO.

He was scapegoated by those on here who know little about football . Lucas has had to play in different positions because of injuries.
I would make a bet that Lucas is very popular with his team mates and his contribution valued.

Absolutely.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:57 am

PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:Well that's what people have done. There is nothing but praise for him.

Our resident clough fan resurrected this thread to try and get one up on people, which his opinion has overwhelmingly been shot down
I think the debate has moved on. We are now discussing whether NC has mismanaged Lucas. I don't think he has in the slightest and agree wholeheartedly with DoomMerchant's latest post on the subject.

He was miss managed with regards to the fact it didn't matter how bad his performances were he was always included. It was only when the fans started getting vocal with boos did we see clough react. Miss managed maybe be not... handling of the whole scenario during a period where he clearly wasn't performing, absolutely

I'm pleased to see you have concluded NC did not mismanaged him.

I never really concluded that. I don't see what happens behind the scenes
All I know is he was left out to dry which I feel was bad management at the time. Bad management could easily equate to mismanagement
"Left out to dry" ? He was low on confidence probably due to the stick he got from some supporters.

Anyway, I am sure we would agree that he has a good game today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:58 am

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It’s not rocket science.
You can't be serious !

Absolutely.

Well that's simply not true. Lucas was not playing in different positions at the time due to injuries. We had plenty of options available. He was being placed into the team regardless which is back to the original point. His inclusion at the team was not justified with his performances.

I am so glad he's turned it around and clough has moved him to where he is most effective. There is a lot of selective memory in this thread
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:56 am

There's some serious rewriting of history going on in this thread.

Lucas came here injured & took a while to get in the team, when he did, he along with Murphy got shoehorned into the team seemingly regardless of how they played.

I did feel by the end of the season Lucas was starting to show his worth especially in the PO 2nd leg, (only to be bizarrely dropped for the final) Murphy never got going at all.

The thing is both came with some fanfare & were widly welcomed by most fans. It took a few games of mis-hit passes, poor control & missed sitters before the natives got restless, especially as players who had beed part of a winning formula got squeezed out of the starting 11. The same could be said of Longstaff but he weighed in with enough goals to gloss over some quite weak performances.

All that said 21/22 is now irrelevant, what matters is 22/23 where Lucas is one of our best players. Looking backward for petty point scoring is pathetic.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:17 pm

Correct Sneag, it’s as simple as Lucas started off with poor performances (whatever position he was in) and is now putting in good performances.

He got criticised when he was poor and is now being being praised when he is playing well.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:46 pm

Playing him as the lone striker while shoehorning our best CF into a 5 man defence didn't do him any favours at the start of the season.
He's now playing as part of a front 2 or 3
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Correct Sneag, it’s as simple as Lucas started off with poor performances (whatever position he was in) and is now putting in good performances.

He got criticised when he was poor and is now being being praised when he is playing well.

Yes it's that simple yet some can't quite grasp it :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:03 pm

About right but some of the criticism was totally out of order. He played where he was asked to but it’s great we’re now seeing the player we thought we had signed.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:05 pm

yorkstag wrote:About right but some of the criticism was totally out of order. He played where he was asked to but it’s great we’re now seeing the player we thought we had signed.

I think every sensible non idiotic fan wants every player to do well every time they play. Those who continue to berate him need to give their heads a shake.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:36 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Well that's what people have done. There is nothing but praise for him.

Our resident clough fan resurrected this thread to try and get one up on people, which his opinion has overwhelmingly been shot down

Please refrain from talking about other users.....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:44 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

Please refrain from talking about other users.....

:D :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:54 pm

Short memories a lot of you, if you leave someone in the team long enough they are bound to have a good game at some point.

I stand by my criticisms of Akins and others, particularly earlier in the season, absolutely rubbish and that in part is why where we are we are now.

I go back with the Stags a long time and can't think of many players, if any, who have been afforded so much game time regardless of how poorly they play.

The only people who need to 'shake their heads' are the ones that think; Akins, Wallace, Perch and others are the future who will take us to L1, quite simply they are OK on their day. Without the additions of Kilgour and DKD our season would have been finished weeks/months ago.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:59 pm

pemill wrote:Short memories a lot of you, if you leave someone in the team long enough they are bound to have a good game at some point.

I stand by my criticisms of Akins and others, particularly earlier in the season, absolutely rubbish and that in part is why where we are we are now.

I go back with the Stags a long time and can't think of many players, if any, who have been afforded so much game time regardless of how poorly they play.

The only people who need to 'shake their heads' are the ones that think; Akins, Wallace, Perch and others are the future who will take us to L1, quite simply they are OK on their day. Without the additions of Kilgour and DKD our season would have been finished weeks/months ago.

Akins has been excellent for a fair while now. Your prejudice is confusing.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:18 pm

pemill wrote:Short memories a lot of you, if you leave someone in the team long enough they are bound to have a good game at some point.

A great many of us go a long time back with Stags and what you've wrote is a steaming pile of arse juice.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:34 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Akins has been excellent for a fair while now. Your prejudice is confusing.

Excellent :shock: for a while, granted he's been better of late but excellent is like comparing him to the likes of; Greenacre, Lawrence, Stant, Eccles, Randall and the list goes on - now they were excellent, you can't draw a comparison, not in your wildest dreams.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:39 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

A great many of us go a long time back with Stags and what you've wrote is a steaming pile of arse juice.

Sadly it is fact but believe what you will whilst looking through your rose tinted glasses, I suppose they'll be Danny Rose tinted glasses another over rated fan favourite - keep up the happy clapping.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:20 pm

Lucas Akins has been named in the Grenada squad for their CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifying tie against Guyana this Sunday.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum