{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lucas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lucas

Postby broomo » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:34 am

Someone's got to say it so it may as well be me.

Some absolute drivel in this thread from folk who have a very inflated view of their football knowledge.

Funnily enough it's the same folk who spout drivel on almost all Stags related threads.

Some of you should be embarrassed.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:15 am

Up there, in the top three, vying for player of the season for me.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:57 am

Get off your high horse broomo

He was (masked swearing removed, don't do it again please) woeful when he first started, like really woeful

. I think even recall certain match reports unable justify his inclusion.... this wasn't just the view of one, but many.

Now, granted he's absolutely turned that round to be one of the first names on the team sheet provided he's in his correct position.

I Still maintain that all this came because clough did everything he can to shoe horn him in. Even clough dropped him eventually
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:58 am

Sorry Pear Cider I agree with Broomo
`
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:07 am

broomo wrote:Someone's got to say it so it may as well be me.

Some absolute drivel in this thread from folk who have a very inflated view of their football knowledge.

Funnily enough it's the same folk who spout drivel on almost all Stags related threads.

Tbf, someone should say it. You seem to have a very inflated view of yourself! Like an annoying tick…nobody wants them, but they keep hanging on.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:15 am

Pear cider isn't far wrong IMO. A lot of the performances in the 14 months Akins has been a stags player have been awful and frustrating. Control looked dreadful, passing could be way off, and he couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. Nobody can criticise his 100% effort though, and you have to admit that he has never tried to hide on the pitch and keeps coming back for more. Let's hope the Lucas Akins we are seeing now lasts for however long he stays at Mansfield
:coys:
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:36 am

Suttonian wrote:Pear cider isn't far wrong IMO. A lot of the performances in the 14 months Akins has been a stags player have been awful and frustrating. Control looked dreadful, passing could be way off, and he couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. Nobody can criticise his 100% effort though, and you have to admit that he has never tried to hide on the pitch and keeps coming back for more. Let's hope the Lucas Akins we are seeing now lasts for however long he stays at Mansfield

Spot on.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:09 am

No surprise since we start singing about how well hung the lad is his performances have rocketted
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:58 am

Opus, that's the beauty of football, everyone has an opinion, and everyone's opinions hold weight in different ways

On lucas, the facts speak for themselves. I admitted half way through this thread hes won me over.

He's doing it consistently now and we clearly miss his presence further up the pitch.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:16 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Tbf, someone should say it. You seem to have a very inflated view of yourself! Like an annoying tick…nobody wants them, but they keep hanging on.

You've only just noticed :lol: The views on this thread were fairly accurate at the time, he was poor but is now performing like the player we thought we were getting when we signed him. Suttonian has nailed it.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:28 am

Suttonian wrote:Pear cider isn't far wrong IMO. A lot of the performances in the 14 months Akins has been a stags player have been awful and frustrating. Control looked dreadful, passing could be way off, and he couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. Nobody can criticise his 100% effort though, and you have to admit that he has never tried to hide on the pitch and keeps coming back for more. Let's hope the Lucas Akins we are seeing now lasts for however long he stays at Mansfield

Absolutely spot on...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:00 pm

Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You've only just noticed :lol: The views on this thread were fairly accurate at the time, he was poor but is now performing like the player we thought we were getting when we signed him. Suttonian has nailed it.

Akins is playing much better than he was. That’s just a cold hard fact. Only one talking bilge is the non fan trying once again to dictate the agenda to people who were here before him and will be here long after he’s thankfully gone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: Akins

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:04 pm

Amazing what happens when you put a square peg in a square hole.

That’s not the fault of the player.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Akins is playing much better than he was. That’s just a cold hard fact. Only one talking bilge is the non fan trying once again to dictate the agenda to people who were here before him and will be here long after he’s thankfully gone.

Please refrain from discussing other users
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:22 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Please refrain from discussing other users

Please refrain from sticking your oar in. I don’t see you comment on Broomo and his commenting on others in a pejorative way. How odd.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:23 pm

Out of interest, can you mute a thread?
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:28 pm

Marky Mark wrote:Out of interest, can you mute a thread?

You can mute individuals, it's quite cathartic.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Waiting for the game tomorrow i read through this thread [Lucas] and have never known keyboard warriors so critical of one of their own players.
I praise the ones who realise players can take time to settle to a new club and confidence is key to any footballer.
Akins came as a legend from his former club and expectations would be high.
But carrying a injury and being Lucas just did his best .
It was nice to read back my own posts and felt not being here long i was supportive to one of our own.
Its like being in two worlds fans at games and posters on here
I am critical at games we expect our heroes to be perfect but it takes 2 days for me to reflect on a defeat if we win i forgive everyone.
But in a post i can have a opinion with a lot more information having lost the passion that the game brings.
When players lose respect for the fans the club is in trouble.
Hopefully the players keep of social media sites, they are after all just opinions, but i find attacking our own players with insults hard to take.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:04 pm

Good post
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:08 pm

Fourth division footballer who was playing rubbish and is now playing incredibly well causes confusion and arguments amongst supporters of fourth division football club despite having witnessed this hundreds of times before over decades of fourth division football.

The situation is likely to escalate further when the fourth division footballer is playing neither rubbish or incredibly well, with his performances best described as average most likely resulting in claims of I told you so all around.

What we’ve really missed this season is someone who was playing incredibly well and his form drops off a cliff but there’s still time.

Long live the Fourth Division.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:49 pm

Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:13 pm

It didnt need to be said at all its a fans forum all about opinions ,over inflated views are always disputed by people with self over inflated views
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:34 pm

That song is awful surely there’s a better one about him?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:53 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.

Mis-managed -rocket science Akins-Bowery-Hewitt-Wallace-Hartigan-Clarke-Johnson-PYm-Perch-Boateng-
Thats ten players been the focal point of abuse,
So Clough has mis-managed the team top scorers in league 2 and in the playoffs , two top players transferred in Jan and still in the hunt for promotion.
Record season ticket sales i have to give up if this team is mis-managed why oh why was he given the job .
Lets take the records he has set move on to the better managers Mansfield have had.
Is this the same man who turned down the managers job at Nottm Forest in 2017 took Quinny from retirement through injury and got him playing for Burton and Mansfield.
And got Mansfield to Wembley in his first full season,
May will soon be with us and may mis-management be over.
Like David Sharpe said we want a team to be proud of and i am, win or lose their is always next season
Oh to be a happy clapper
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:22 pm

bear 73 wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Akins was being mis-managed, he’s now not being and playing well.

It’s not rocket science.

Mis-managed -rocket science Akins-Bowery-Hewitt-Wallace-Hartigan-Clarke-Johnson-PYm-Perch-Boateng-
Thats ten players been the focal point of abuse,
So Clough has mis-managed the team top scorers in league 2 and in the playoffs , two top players transferred in Jan and still in the hunt for promotion.
Record season ticket sales i have to give up if this team is mis-managed why oh why was he given the job .
Lets take the records he has set move on to the better managers Mansfield have had.
Is this the same man who turned down the managers job at Nottm Forest in 2017 took Quinny from retirement through injury and got him playing for Burton and Mansfield.
And got Mansfield to Wembley in his first full season,
May will soon be with us and may mis-management be over.
Like David Sharpe said we want a team to be proud of and i am, win or lose their is always next season
Oh to be a happy clapper

Apologies if you suffer with some form of dyslexia Bear but I really struggle to understand your posts.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum