{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

#HerGameToo

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: #HerGameToo

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:25 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:Is there's a more Stagsnet thread than a bunch of blokes giving their opinion on womens football? If you don't want to watch it then don't - every variant of sport doesn't have to be about you. The womens game has had a massive boost with winning the Euros, and there are young girls taking it up and showing an interest all over the place. Maybe, and I know it's out of the box thinking, women and girls like to watch womens football. Let them get on with it.

Great but they wont ,or should i say sky or the bbc wont its an inferior product ,thats why its called womens football its simply not comparable

If the problem is that women’s football is an inferior product then why not get rid of all football below the Premier League?

That’s a daft post. Women’s football is massively inferior. You only have to look at the results when the USA national side played a Dallas U15 boys team. They got hammered. I literally think a good Sunday Morning Ale House side would beat any women’s team. It’s that poor.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:26 pm

Dan wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:Is there's a more Stagsnet thread than a bunch of blokes giving their opinion on womens football? If you don't want to watch it then don't - every variant of sport doesn't have to be about you. The womens game has had a massive boost with winning the Euros, and there are young girls taking it up and showing an interest all over the place. Maybe, and I know it's out of the box thinking, women and girls like to watch womens football. Let them get on with it.

Great but they wont ,or should i say sky or the bbc wont its an inferior product ,thats why its called womens football its simply not comparable

If the problem is that women’s football is an inferior product then why not get rid of all football below the Premier League?

Womens football is not even up to the level of schoolboy football ,get a grip

Good grief you are so out of touch with reality it's embarrassing.

But he’s right.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:32 pm

Dan wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:
Costastag wrote:

No dan im not ,but im not afraid to air my views :o
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:38 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:
Costastag wrote:

The irony of this statement is that we watch Mansfield Town. Trying to pretend that it's even remotely the same game as watching Manchester City and Barcelona is laughable. You may think women's football is raspberry but let's not pretend we're watching quality standard football either. This is just an argument about one level of raspberry being better than another level of raspberry cos it's men's raspberry.

I dont for one minute think that our level of football is up there with city or barcelona ,but at least there is a passion and an appetite to watch it hence the near 7000 attendance on saturday ,paying top dollar to watch it not however many watch the ladeess games at 2 quid a match heavily subsidised by the clubs who own them ,
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Showaddywaddy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:47 pm

It’s simply ridiculous to compare the men’s game with the women’s game, the money and infrastructure of the men’s game far exceeds that available to the women’s game. There was a world record bid for Alessia Russo last week of £500,000.00 so that shows you the vast chasm between the men’s game and the women’s.

That is not to say however that the women’s game isn’t improving all the time, with increased attendances, greater tv coverage and pathways into the game for young girls. Hopefully it continues to go from strength to strength, it’s not a competition between the men’s game and the women’s game, that’s about as schoolyard thinking as you can get ‘boys are better than girls’.

It should just be about love of the beautiful game.
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:48 pm

Dan wrote:
Costastag wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:
Costastag wrote:

Stick to streakers dan your on a loser here :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:50 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:It’s simply ridiculous to compare the men’s game with the women’s game, the money and infrastructure of the men’s game far exceeds that available to the women’s game. There was a world record bid for Alessia Russo last week of £500,000.00 so that shows you the vast chasm between the men’s game and the women’s.

That is not to say however that the women’s game isn’t improving all the time, with increased attendances, greater tv coverage and pathways into the game for young girls. Hopefully it continues to go from strength to strength, it’s not a competition between the men’s game and the women’s game, that’s about as schoolyard thinking as you can get ‘boys are better than girls’.

It should just be about love of the beautiful game.

That’s the thing though. When the women’s team won the Euros, you couldn’t move on social media for all the comparisons that the women had won it and the men hadn’t. Count have it both ways. I’d literally rather watch Sunday Morning footy than women’s. That doesn’t mean I’m not pleased that the England women’s team aren’t successful.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:39 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:57 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:04 am

My 14 year old son wants to come with me to the match tonight and he’s even got 3 of his mates to come. Tried getting their tickets and it won’t let me have 4 Childs tickets unless there’s a paying adult for every two child’s tickets. What’s that all about?! Why do we always have to make it so hard all the time?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:54 am

Dan wrote:My 14 year old son wants to come with me to the match tonight and he’s even got 3 of his mates to come. Tried getting their tickets and it won’t let me have 4 Childs tickets unless there’s a paying adult for every two child’s tickets. What’s that all about?! Why do we always have to make it so hard all the time?!

Pay the extra £3 you skinflint :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:43 am

part time pete wrote:
Dan wrote:My 14 year old son wants to come with me to the match tonight and he’s even got 3 of his mates to come. Tried getting their tickets and it won’t let me have 4 Childs tickets unless there’s a paying adult for every two child’s tickets. What’s that all about?! Why do we always have to make it so hard all the time?!

:lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:23 pm

part time pete wrote:

It would be £6 actually ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:48 pm

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:08 pm

2-2
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:58 pm

I assume it finished at desmonds or they're playing 20 minutes stoppage time.

Att. 640
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:09 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:23 pm

Who's the manager? Sack them immediately
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:26 pm

To be fair Chesterfield were the better side. We had our moments but on the whole the sheep deserved a point at the very least
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:39 pm

Spiritater wrote:To be fair Chesterfield were the better side. We had our moments but on the whole the sheep deserved a point at the very least

Agreed. We scored the first goal against the run of play and the 2nd goal was a foul on their keeper that the officials missed. She got trodden on in the build up to the goal, she ended up with a hole in her 'skins' that she was wearing under her shorts. Decent game though and some great tackles. None of this rolling about pretending you're injured like the men although a lot of their players went down very easily. Probably used to doing that ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:59 pm

Dan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:To be fair Chesterfield were the better side. We had our moments but on the whole the sheep deserved a point at the very least

a lot of their players went down very easily. Probably used to doing that ;)

Oh dear.
:roll:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:34 pm

Dan wrote:

Agreed. We scored the first goal against the run of play and the 2nd goal was a foul on their keeper that the officials missed. She got trodden on in the build up to the goal, she ended up with a hole in her 'skins' that she was wearing under her shorts. Decent game though and some great tackles. None of this rolling about pretending you're injured like the men although a lot of their players went down very easily. Probably used to doing that ;)

You are better than that Dan :shock:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:39 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Dan wrote:

You are better than that Dan :shock:

I know, sorry. My hatred of that lot got the better of me ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:53 pm

Dan wrote:
part time pete wrote:

It would be £6 actually ;)

That’s why I said extra £3
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum