{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port Vale or Swindon

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Port Vale or Swindon

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Great
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 pm

Pleased to see Mal score and Aidan Stone prevail
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 pm

That’s a great result. They are v v beatable
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MobileStag » Thu May 19, 2022 9:45 pm

This may be a silly question but Darrell Clarke got a red card tonight - do manager's red cards roll over to the next game for a touchline ban? Or is the only punishment that he couldn't be on the touchline for the rest of tonight's match?
MobileStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby london amber stag » Thu May 19, 2022 9:46 pm

Swindon players involved in scuffles with crowd. Our celebration has been the best of the lot this week, players and fans all together.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagparty » Thu May 19, 2022 9:47 pm

MobileStag wrote:This may be a silly question but Darrell Clarke got a red card tonight - do manager's red cards roll over to the next game for a touchline ban? Or is the only punishment that he couldn't be on the touchline for the rest of tonight's match?

Not sure but we have seen managers in the stands before banned for reasons I don't recall?
20/04/2013 Back where we belong.
stagparty
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2022 9:48 pm

More disgraceful.scenes at full time, what is wrong with people? Complete and utter morons. Not one steward or police officer has tried to get fans off the pitch. Things have to change.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu May 19, 2022 9:49 pm

Why can't these idiots just celebrate their win like we did? What goes through their mind to start assaulting the Swindon players? They wouldn't do it on the street.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu May 19, 2022 9:50 pm

london amber stag wrote:Swindon players involved in scuffles with crowd. Our celebration has been the best of the lot this week, players and fans all together.

Thankfully, the Stags fans have shown that not every club has some out of control idiots. The attack on McKirdy was a disgrace and must have spoilt the evening for a lot of celebrating Port Vale supporters.
Stags vs Stags Rejects in the final!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 pm

Cheaper to go to prison than pay their energy bills.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 19, 2022 9:53 pm

Stoney wrote:Why can't these idiots just celebrate their win like we did? What goes through their mind to start assaulting the Swindon players? They wouldn't do it on the street.

No excuse obviously, but McTurdy was winding up the PV fans behind the goal during extra time, which was a dumb thing to do with what's happened elsewhere this week.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 pm

I would have rather played Swindon Town. Too many Mansfield connections and emotional stories with Port Vale.

I walked out the ground at Field Mill in October after we had played Port Vale off the park which was arguably our best home performance of the season and their owner's husband told me - "Don't worry. You are far too good to be relegated." Neither him or I envisaged playing each other in the Play Off Final at Wembley! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu May 19, 2022 9:56 pm

Sneag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Why can't these idiots just celebrate their win like we did? What goes through their mind to start assaulting the Swindon players? They wouldn't do it on the street.

No excuse obviously, but McTurdy was winding up the PV fans behind the goal during extra time, which was a dumb thing to do with what's happened elsewhere this week.

And at the County Ground when he scored.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Thu May 19, 2022 9:59 pm

Some people think that once they are in a football ground, there are no rules - they can say what they want and behave how they want without repercussions. Like the rules don’t apply to them. We saw how England fans behaved in the Euros final at Wembley last summer and we’ve seen it since. As a nation, we have a dysfunctional relationship with alcohol as well.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby Beano » Thu May 19, 2022 10:12 pm

Steve North wrote:

Some people think that once they are in a football ground, there are no rules - they can say what they want and behave how they want without repercussions. Like the rules don’t apply to them. We saw how England fans behaved in the Euros final at Wembley last summer and we’ve seen it since. As a nation, we have a dysfunctional relationship with alcohol as well.

Unfortunately some people think they can behave exactly how they want regardless of where they are.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2022 10:17 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I would have rather played Swindon Town. Too many Mansfield connections and emotional stories with Port Vale.

I walked out the ground at Field Mill in October after we had played Port Vale off the park which was arguably our best home performance of the season and their owner's husband told me - "Don't worry. You are far too good to be relegated." Neither him or I envisaged playing each other in the Play Off Final at Wembley! :lol:

From Martin's match report:

However, after the game last night, Vale manager Darrell Clarke, a former Stags player of course, had plenty of words of encouragement for Clough and a fair assessment of the game saying: “Full credit to Mansfield, I thought they were outstanding on the night. ... we have managed to nick a point. We were a little bit fortunate for the point. But we will take it. Mansfield are in a false position for me. They have got good, talented players and a good, talented manager. Mansfield will finish in the top 10, top seven, mark my words
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Darrell just said on TV that Mansfield gave them their biggest test of the season at Field Mill and were by far the better side.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 pm

MobileStag wrote:This may be a silly question but Darrell Clarke got a red card tonight - do manager's red cards roll over to the next game for a touchline ban? Or is the only punishment that he couldn't be on the touchline for the rest of tonight's match?

Sky reported that there will be an FA investigation tomorrow (Friday) on his behaviour which will determine any penalty .
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby eggy » Thu May 19, 2022 11:03 pm

As hard as he tries, Harry McKirdy will only ever be League Two's second best wind-up merchant

eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu May 19, 2022 11:16 pm

Beano wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Unfortunately some people think they can behave exactly how they want regardless of where they are.

That’s enough about Boris Johnson…
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 am

scotsstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

And at the County Ground when he scored.

Some people are as thick as mince.
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri May 20, 2022 8:37 am

Skysports news, don't know the guys name but he said why cant they behave like Mansfield fans did, shame its the minority at the minute that stay off the pitch
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Fri May 20, 2022 9:44 am

Beano wrote:
Steve North wrote:

Everton fans too - Deduct them points & send them down. What the hell have they got to celebrate? We've been sheite all season, lets party! Worlds gone mad.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Fri May 20, 2022 11:16 am

Sedgwick wrote:Skysports news, don't know the guys name but he said why cant they behave like Mansfield fans did, shame its the minority at the minute that stay off the pitch

I don't think we can adopt a "holier than thou" attitude. It's because we were away and basically only season ticket holders were there. If we'd been at home, it'd have been the same as anywhere else. There are dickheads among every club's support.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 am

i bet McKirdy‘s social media has taken a pelting lol

you give it out you gonna have to take it

couldn’t have happened to a more pleasant chap
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager