{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Appeals on red cards

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Appeals on red cards

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:19 am

Why if we appeal against a sending off do we get added game tagged on if it fails?

Birmingham's Ryan Woods was sent off for a straight red on Tues, they appeal, it fails and he stays on a 3 game ban :think:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Appeals

Postby eggy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:12 am

I think the extra game was only a non-league rule(?)
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:15 am

eggy wrote:I think the extra game was only a non-league rule(?)

I think it depends on the justification behind the appeal, if it is frivolous the FA punish with an extra game suspension?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:56 am

Spiritater wrote:Why if we appeal against a sending off do we get added game tagged on if it fails?

Birmingham's Ryan Woods was sent off for a straight red on Tues, they appeal, it fails and he stays on a 3 game ban :think:

I can't recall in the last few years many, if any, bans being increased on appeal for any club.

It happened to us a few years ago, but they rarely seem to do that now. The justification at that time was to try to stop frivolous appeals. Maybe clubs are less likely to put in frivolous appeals now, I don't know.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum