{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup Rd2 away to Doncaster - confirmed Sat 3pm

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup Rd2 draw thread - away to Doncaster

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:35 pm

How many tickets will we get, or will it be as many as we want.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:37 pm

part time pete wrote:How many tickets will we get, or will it be as many as we want.

we took 2000 in 2017. I'm sure they will give us as many as we want.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NEStag » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:38 pm

Pete I believe the FA rules are that the away club must be offered 15 per cent of the stadium, which would be 2300. Of course they could offer us more if they choose to.
Last edited by NEStag on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:38 pm

Like I said it’s a brill draw . Can’t wait for a good day out .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 pm

NEStag wrote:Pete I believe the FA rules are that the away club must be offered 15 per cent of the stadium, which would be 2300. Of course they could offer us more if they choose to.

On the football ground guide says the away stand is just over 3000
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:no chance of getting a windfall from a TV game, away from home, against a team from the league above with a better home record than we have. So not a good draw in my opinion, but we'll make the best of it, I'm sure we'll take a great away support, and if we play as well as we did at Sunderland then we can still get through.

It'll only be our second game at the Keepmoat.

I really don't agree, it's a great draw for the fans and will still be a good earner, we could have had Carlisle or Yeovil away. I also think we'll win.

See you in the Red Lion Yorkie :D

I would have liked a home draw against a team worse than us, or bottom half of League Two, to give us the best chance of getting to Round 3. Or an away tie against Buxton or St Albans or similar to get a TV windfall.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Donny website says

Ellgia (North) Stand which is where the travelling support is based, with a capacity of approximately 3,318.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:52 pm

part time pete wrote:Donny website says

Ellgia (North) Stand which is where the travelling support is based, with a capacity of approximately 3,318.

That’s a very specific figure for an approximation.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:59 pm

Brings back a few memories

15th December 1979
Travelled to Belle Vue to watch Donny Rovers v Stags in 2nd Rd of FA Cup. It absolutely chucked it down in the 2nd half and there was no shelter on the open terrace behind the goal. Nevertheless the Stags fans never stopped singing and we won 2-1 with goals from Bob Curtis and Terry Austin.

We drew Brighton & Hove Albion at home in the 3rd Round which meant the return of Ray Clarke to Field Mill. Brighton had been promoted the previous season and were in the 1st Division.

Team
Rod Arnold
Derek Dawkins, John McClelland, Kevin Bird, Ian Wood
Brian Thompson, Bob Curtis, Arthur Mann, John Lathan
Steve Taylor, Terry Austin
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:05 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Brings back a few memories

15th December 1979
Travelled to Belle Vue to watch Donny Rovers v Stags in 2nd Rd of FA Cup. It absolutely chucked it down in the 2nd half and there was no shelter on the open terrace behind the goal. Nevertheless the Stags fans never stopped singing and we won 2-0 with goals from Bob Curtis and Terry Austin.

We drew Brighton & Hove Albion at home in the 3rd Round which meant the return of Ray Clarke to Field Mill. Brighton had been promoted the previous season and were in the 1st Division.

Team
Rod Arnold

I went to that, could of sworn it was 2-1 to us?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:09 pm

You are right Parky. It was 2-1
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:12 pm

That away end was cruel . When they put that fenced in pen up it was even worse .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:12 pm

I went to the FA Cup 5th Rd Match between Doncaster Rovers and Crystal Palace in 2019. The Palace fans were great. There should be no problem getting flags and banners into the ground based on that game :lol:

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Rob wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:no chance of getting a windfall from a TV game, away from home, against a team from the league above with a better home record than we have. So not a good draw in my opinion, but we'll make the best of it, I'm sure we'll take a great away support, and if we play as well as we did at Sunderland then we can still get through.

It'll only be our second game at the Keepmoat.

I really don't agree, it's a great draw for the fans and will still be a good earner, we could have had Carlisle or Yeovil away. I also think we'll win.

See you in the Red Lion Yorkie :D

I would have liked a home draw against a team worse than us, or bottom half of League Two, to give us the best chance of getting to Round 3. Or an away tie against Buxton or St Albans or similar to get a TV windfall.

No, I still don't agree Martin I'm afraid. We will get a decent windfall from this in terms of gate receipts and I think we have every chance of progressing to Round 3 if we have a full strength side to choose from. You can never guarantee playing lower opposition means you will get through and of course you mention 2 or 3 games we might have got, what about the 20 or so awful ones we didn't. This is a great draw, perfect for me would have been the Cheats at home, but I am more than happy with this and cannot wait. Buxton would also have been a good draw, but away we would have received few tickets and it really isn't the same watching it on TV. Getting St Albans again would have been a terrible draw. The most important thing is this will be a great day for supporters, that trumps a TV windfall.

Pretty sure the one and only time I met Belly was at Belle View, what a great day that was (for him) :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:40 pm

our only previous visit to the Keepmoat Stadium was in 2017: report https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=856

Our last win at Doncaster was 1998, but we have only played there three times since then (twice at Belle Vue, losing 4-2 in the league (report https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... matchid=75) and 2-0 in the FA Cup (report https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=257&seasonid=7), and the match above at Keepmoat stadium).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chris M » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:25 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Brings back a few memories

15th December 1979
Travelled to Belle Vue to watch Donny Rovers v Stags in 2nd Rd of FA Cup. It absolutely chucked it down in the 2nd half and there was no shelter on the open terrace behind the goal. Nevertheless the Stags fans never stopped singing and we won 2-1 with goals from Bob Curtis and Terry Austin.

Team
Rod Arnold

I remember the Belle Vue game very well. It was my first ever away match. I was due to go to the City Ground that day with my Stepfather to watch Forest v Chelsea, but it was called off in the morning due to a frozen pitch. I was far more excited to learn we were off to Donny instead.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny H » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:46 am

I can't see this game being a 3pm kick off in Saturday.

I predict it will be moved to Sunday dinner time.
Barnsley v Huddersfield I think on the Saturday is bad enough for Sth Yorkshire Police
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 am

Johnny H wrote:I can't see this game being a 3pm kick off in Saturday.

I predict it will be moved to Sunday dinner time.
Barnsley v Huddersfield I think on the Saturday is bad enough for Sth Yorkshire Police

Agree, I’ll be absolutely shocked if it’s a 3pm Saturday. They’ll take any chance they get to try and dampen it so Sunday midday seems likely to me.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:09 am

Winable, definitely drawable an ok draw. No TV exposure though for us, that'll be given to Slaford again even though they are at home to that little non league over t'M1.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:27 am

I think we'll probably fill that away end and there will be some feyting outside t'ground. Their fans are already giving it 'scabs' and predicting trouble.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=282858.0
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:13 am

ParisStag wrote:I think we'll probably fill that away end and there will be some feyting outside t'ground. Their fans are already giving it 'scabs' and predicting trouble.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=282858.0

Yep, but many giving it the :roll: on there too. It's old history now, it's like the Wembley England crowd chanting WW2 stuff if we played Germany. There'd be a furore in the press. As said on t'Viking Chat most chanting and fighting wouldn't even have been a sparkle in their Dad's eye then.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:23 am

I hate the 'scab' chant so much.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:02 am

15th Nov 1966. Tuesday night at Belle Vue, rubbish weather, windy. Donny 4 Stags 6. Curry 2, Brace 2, Morris and McKinney. Back to school in morning talking about a great night. Same again Stags thatll do nice, :mtfc:
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 am

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:15th Nov 1966. Tuesday night at Belle Vue, rubbish weather, windy. Donny 4 Stags 6. Curry 2, Brace 2, Morris and McKinney. Back to school in morning talking about a great night. Same again Stags thatll do nice, :mtfc:

I remember going to Belle Vue early 2000s. They had Michael McIndoe but can't really remember much else :lol: was a bit young
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:09 am

adamstag wrote:
part time pete wrote:Donny website says

That’s a very specific figure for an approximation.

:lol:
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum