{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough press Conference Mon 25 Oct

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough press Conference Mon 25 Oct

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:51 pm

I feel like we need a ‘random’ thread on here but C4 are showing the Graham Taylor Impossible Job documentary this evening. A brilliant documentary. I’m sure most will have seen it before but those who haven’t definitely should.

You might spot a few familiar Stags related faces too!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 pm

"Do I not like that!"
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:30 am

here is a write up of the Clough interview: https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2021 ... prove-form

and some other bits I have written up which weren't included but are of interest:

“Ryan Stirk, we're waiting for news from Birmingham, he has got his protective boot off. We're hoping he'll be back with us from Birmingham probably the first week in November. We have some EFL Trophy and under-23s games coming up so it will be a good chance for him to get some needed game time.”

"George Cooper hopefully will play in the U23 cup game at Wigan on Thursday.

"Richard Nartey is 2-3 weeks away from being fit.

“John-Joe O’Toole has a lot of versatility; he has played in midfield but at Burton we fancied him at centre-back. He can read the game well and one of his biggest strengths is in the air. We brought him in to give us some cover at centre half in the next few weeks, but we know he can do a job in other positions as well.

"One thing we are down on is height and heading ability which in League Two is a priority. There are a lot of set plays, a lot of long throws come in to your penalty area. On Saturday we've got the two centre halves and Jordan Bowery ... after that we've got midfielders picking up, normally we'd have McLaughlin and Hewitt, so the back four would all be picking up from set plays, and then you have Jordan as well.

"You don't really want to expose youngsters when we're in the sort of run we are."
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:08 pm

I like the press conference listen to it and pick up the odd bit of info.
Professionals in the game after many years standing, Quinn, Mclaughlin, Hawkins Clough, and many more, our total injuries and players missing, more like a seasons total.
And we have them in the first 14 games.
Quinn, Mclaughlin, Hawkins to name a few, explains how training is disrupted by so many players missing, all try to explain how hard it is not playing a settled team.
All say we have some good players at the club, telling the media how the manager must be pulling his hair out.
On Sat both full backs injured, with Mcloughlin even strapped up on Tues.
Nartey i have seen play and he is a good player, and being signed by Chelsea and Burnley premier league clubs, he got injured while with us. out for 7 to 8 weeks , bad luck or what.
Forrester was 2 weeks away, then having signed he had a set back, so both our loans not available for a good few weeks.
Pressure is on with results not going our way, but when Clough was appointed we knew he had improved Burton, Derby, Sheff Utd, And the only side Where he inherited a good team
Burton Albion 2nd time around he took them to the championship.
So i look at our misfortune, and take relief that we have a manager with pedigree to sort it out.
After 18 years of hire and fire some fans, panic early and allow negativity to disguise, the good happening within the club, mainly at the moment youth being introduced to the first team squad, and all the pressures that go with it.
On Sat at the One Call, with my cheeseburger and pint, i will be hoping some players will be back in our quest fo 3 points and enjoy a weekend.
And have faith in the players available to do their best, I do not throw the towel in after 14 or 15 games, and listen to people in the know.
Not key board warriors
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:15 pm

bear 73 wrote:I like the press conference listen to it and pick up the odd bit of info.
Professionals in the game after many years standing, Quinn, Mclaughlin, Hawkins Clough, and many more, our total injuries and players missing, more like a seasons total.
Quinn, Mclaughlin, Hawkins to name a few, explains how training is disrupted by so many players missing, all try to explain how hard it is not playing a settled team.
All say we have some good players at the club, telling the media how the manager must be pulling his hair out.
Nartey i have seen play and he is a good player, and being signed by Chelsea and Burnley premier league clubs, he got injured while with us. out for 7 to 8 weeks , bad luck or what.
Forrester was 2 weeks away, then having signed he had a set back, so both our loans not available for a good few weeks.
Pressure is on with results not going our way, but when Clough was appointed we knew he had improved Burton, Derby, Sheff Utd, And the only side Where he inherited a good team
So i look at our misfortune, and take relief that we have a manager with pedigree to sort it out.
After 18 years of hire and fire some fans, panic early and allow negativity to disguise, the good happening within the club, mainly at the moment youth being introduced to the first team squad, and all the pressures that go with it.
On Sat at the One Call, with my cheeseburger and pint, i will be hoping some players will be back in our quest fo 3 points and enjoy a weekend.
And have faith in the players available to do their best, I do not throw the towel in after 14 or 15 games, and listen to people in the know.
Not key board warriors

If the "pedigree" was top drawer we wouldn't be in this predicament as he'd have recruited properly to cover injuries, unprecedented or not!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:47 pm

bear 73 wrote:I like the press conference listen to it and pick up the odd bit of info.
Not key board warriors

Good post :good_post:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Not key board warriors

Good post :good_post:

I Agree
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum