{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The O's Score Thread Sponsored By Iyseden Christie...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The O's Score Thread Sponsored By Iyseden Christie...

Postby diablo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:17 am

broomo wrote:
diablo wrote:
broomo wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I wouldn't imagine too many. I'd have gone if we'd been looking the part, playing well and winning, but we seem miles away atm. We've hardly looked convincing in any game so far this season and with our sieve of a defence it gives me no confidence to travel and part with probably 70-80 quid for the day.
Pity really as Brisbane Rd is a ground to tick off before I die. I have to travel with hope in my heart and not dread, but with the Keystone Cops playing for us it's dread atm.

Now you’ve torn it. Broomo will be questioning your commitment.

Brisbane Road is a not bad ground but it’s in one of the biggest Ming Holes in this country.

No I won't and I wouldn't make such a big thing of you hardly ever watching if you didn't try to dismiss every bit of my football knowledge as "sticking up for my mate" and then trotting out the same "you're not a fan" garbage.

So you think other peoples opinion's are garbage? in actual fact from what I've read of your "football knowledge" posted on this Mansfield Town FC supporters board you do stick up for Mr Clough whenever his managerial ability is questioned and in my personal opinion, for what it's worth, you are a Nigel Clough fan by default of your personal relationship with him and not a true Mansfield Town FC supporter. If Mr Clough wasn't here you wouldn't be either. However you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else and having said that you are very welcome here to post your opinions

It'a not the first time someone has tried to twist my words to "blanket" things.

I didn't say other peoples opinions were garbage at all.

I said that opinion constantly trotted out by that poster is garbage.

I don't stick up for him "wherever" his managerial ability is questioned. I stick up for him when the same posters constantly ram the same views down throats on every thread.

I have no "relationship" with him these days, other than I've chosen to follow his managerial career rather than a specific team.

I watched literally hundreds of games alongside his dad and talked football for hours on end. I'd like to think I learned a little bit about players and the shape of games from him.

To have that constantly dismissed as "he's just sticking up for his mate" is annoying and out of order. Proper Mansfield fan or not.

Fair Comment
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:43 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Anyone know how many we've sold?

We were given 300 and late last night we'd sold 286 just before they went offline

Thanks. There's paying on the day too, which a few of the London Stags might do, so we may get 350.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:50 am

Spiritater wrote:I wouldn't imagine too many. I'd have gone if we'd been looking the part, playing well and winning, but we seem miles away atm. We've hardly looked convincing in any game so far this season and with our sieve of a defence it gives me no confidence to travel and part with probably 70-80 quid for the day.
Pity really as Brisbane Rd is a ground to tick off before I die. I have to travel with hope in my heart and not dread, but with the Keystone Cops playing for us it's dread atm.

You never know though. It woukd be very Mansfield of us to go there and win. Looks like an attacking line-up from what I'm hearing so it shoukd be a good game.

Orient is a great away day. The supporters bar has won camra awards and there are several classic East-end boozers nearby. The ground has character too. The area is now becoming gentrified. It's not the rough area I grew up in as a teenager and is now full of trendy cafés and houses worth a million quid. If you like vibrant, multicultural places with all the food, sights and sounds that come with that, you'll enjoy. Of course, that's not everyone's cup of tea, as this thread shows, but I love it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:58 am

What an absolute jebend...

Fickleness off the highest order.

Then you bang on about apathy...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:07 am

Spiritater wrote: Brisbane Rd is a ground to tick off before I die.

What better place than here, what better time than now?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:08 am

ParisStag wrote:

You never know though. It woukd be very Mansfield of us to go there and win. Looks like an attacking line-up from what I'm hearing so it shoukd be a good game.

Orient is a great away day. The supporters bar has won camra awards and there are several classic East-end boozers nearby. The ground has character too. The area is now becoming gentrified. It's not the rough area I grew up in as a teenager and is now full of trendy cafés and houses worth a million quid. If you like vibrant, multicultural places with all the food, sights and sounds that come with that, you'll enjoy. Of course, that's not everyone's cup of tea, as this thread shows, but I love it.

Great away day is Orient, had a great day there a few years ago (we won 2-1, under Adam Murray). Shame i can't make this one.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Spiritater wrote: Brisbane Rd is a ground to tick off before I die.

What better place than here, what better time than now?

Those that control the past, control the future
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:30 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Aye, the London Borough of Waltham Forest is where I call home now and is improving dramatically year on year. It's coming on amazingly well. I live near the Walthamstow village, which means I can walk to the game and stop in at a few pubs. Will be going to the Heathcote & Star before the game because a mate lives just off Francis Rd - probably the road you think has been gentrified.

Anyway, would love a win. COYS
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:24 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Aye, the London Borough of Waltham Forest is where I call home now and is improving dramatically year on year. It's coming on amazingly well. I live near the Walthamstow village, which means I can walk to the game and stop in at a few pubs. Will be going to the Heathcote & Star before the game because a mate lives just off Francis Rd - probably the road you think has been gentrified.

Anyway, would love a win. COYS

Ah nice one AWC! I lived on Francis Rd in the 80s and went to Norlington School (down the road) in the 90s. It's very different now. Part of me misses the edgy mix of working-class eastenders and migrant communities. It's now mainly middle-class couples working in graphic design or TV, but it's undoubtedly safer.

Walthamstow village has always been a bit posher. I used to go in the Nags Head. You'll have some decent pubs if you're walking - the William IV, Lion and Key, Coach and Horses. We're drinking in the Leyton Technical.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:53 pm

I had to scroll to find out who was disrespecting Leyton. Belly called it a ming-hole. Haha.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:39 pm

If we keep it down to less than four conceeded, it will be a good day.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:25 pm

They're 2nd! Jesus, didn't know that. We're in trouble tomorrow make no mistake.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Just been looking at form table and their results, the only joy I can get Is that Rochdale had the same form and we got a draw.
A point tomorrow would be a very good result, the first 20 mins are critical because I think they will come out very fast and direct.
A hopeful 1-1.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:44 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

Apathy!

;) :lol:

Are you going?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:

What an absolute jebend...

Fickleness off the highest order.

Then you bang on about apathy...

The apathy I talk about Einstein is when we were playing at home. Away games put nothing into our club. I have never decried anyone for not travelling away. Come next Saturday I'll be there. Now run along and find some crayons for your mate Hitchcock's shins there's a good lad.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Apathy!

;) :lol:

Are you going?

It was a joke mate.

But no, I won't be going. Not because of any of the reasons you say, but because I simply cannot afford to. I'd love to have 70-80 quid to be able to waste in a day, must be nice.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Into the Valley of Death rode the six hundred
Apart from Spiro who didn't like the look of the opposition
So he decided to stay at home
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Or maybe he would have been 601 and didn't want to make it awkward?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:06 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:I had to scroll to find out who was disrespecting Leyton. Belly called it a ming-hole. Haha.

:lol: clearly doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:31 am

Bros wrote:

Into the Valley of Death rode the six hundred
Apart from Spiro who didn't like the look of the opposition
So he decided to stay at home

The point of The Six Hundred Charge was they were sent against the wrong target by a miscommunication of their orders at Balaclava on the 25th October 1854.

They were supposed to be sent to prevent the removal of some captured Turkish guns, and not to attack the Russian main heavy battery dug in at the end of another valley altogether. Hence,
"Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die"
As they were under orders.
At the time I'd have thought given the chance on the day 100% of the troopers would have thought, 'Seriously!! You can cluck that!

The Charge is a poem about a 'fools errand' which ended very badly for those ordered to go, and not some glorious war winning escapade by a load of volunteers.
Had we been playing well, had we had a defence worthy of the name, then I'd have been on the coach. But Orient away atm to me looks ominously like the Russian main heavy battery at the end of the wrong valley, and being as though I'm not ordered and I'm a volunteer I'll stay put.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:35 am

Travelling by train to the game today and as I get to Kings Cross, a place eternally associated with the anticipation of adventures afar, games in the capital and onward travel I can’t help by think of the lyrics to the Pet Shop Boys tune, Kings Cross, particularly these:

‘ Good luck, bad luck waiting in a line
It takes more than the matter of time’

Two lines which sum up our situation at the moment. Will we have any good luck? As for time, well that is something we don’t have but need more of to get players back to full fitness and to play how they can. I can’t see Hewitt being anything other than this seasons sacrificial lamb to be slaughtered by Stagsnet and Rawson has a hell of job to convince again. I would like to see us win the second balls, keep the first balls and make runs and passes as we did at the start of the season. Be firm in the decision making and tackle. None of this squealing like a petulant child crap of Quinn. Good old fashioned playing to win football from the off. If we do, we have a chance today; if not we lose.

Hoping for a win, just don’t want these lyrics from the same song going through my head as I wait for the train,

‘ It's the same story every night
I've been hurt and we've been had’.

Come on you Stags
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:00 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:01 pm

That bench....
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Hawkins CB
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:04 pm

gazza1988 wrote:That bench....

in youth we ermmmmmm fill the bench :|
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum