{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New scoreboard?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New scoreboard?

Postby Bros » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:43 am

And who is going to pay for any of these grandiose schemes? I am sure JR has plans in mind to redevelop Bishop St when it is needed. At the moment it is a good source of income from advertising, far more revenue than would be received from spectators being in the stand. I am sure JR would appreciate financial input from the stadium designers on this message board
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:42 am

Joking apart, it’s a bloody eyesore, be great if the club (JR) sorted it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:18 am

A peek through the fence on Thursday and it looked like the old one is being dismantled. Hoorah!
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:24 am

Bros wrote:And who is going to pay for any of these grandiose schemes? I am sure JR has plans in mind to redevelop Bishop St when it is needed. At the moment it is a good source of income from advertising, far more revenue than would be received from spectators being in the stand. I am sure JR would appreciate financial input from the stadium designers on this message board

You say "when it's needed", Bradford have sold out today, who knows how many more they could have sold if we were able to accommodate them in a redeveloped Bishop, an extra 1k is 20k on gate receipts, plus food etc. Yes it will take a while to recoup the outlay, but I do think it is needed now.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Rob wrote:
Bros wrote:And who is going to pay for any of these grandiose schemes? I am sure JR has plans in mind to redevelop Bishop St when it is needed. At the moment it is a good source of income from advertising, far more revenue than would be received from spectators being in the stand. I am sure JR would appreciate financial input from the stadium designers on this message board

You say "when it's needed", Bradford have sold out today, who knows how many more they could have sold if we were able to accommodate them in a redeveloped Bishop, an extra 1k is 20k on gate receipts, plus food etc. Yes it will take a while to recoup the outlay, but I do think it is needed now.

Indeed. Each season that goes by we are losing opportunities for the payback.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 am

Rob wrote:

So that's £20k how many times a year ? 3 maybe ?
Knock off the staffing costs and call it a nice round £50k a season.
How much would a basic stand cost ? £1m ?
It would only take 20 years to break even then !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:46 am

The new board should be fitted under the North Stand ( right hand side ).
That would free up room for developing the Bish side .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:38 am

Well the existing one looks like its been targeted by the local glitterati. Agree with comment above though. A new one (if required) should be in the corner of the North Stand above the Alan Meale toilet block.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:11 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Rob wrote:

That very much depends on how many local rivals we have, the league we are in, Cup runs etc, etc. I have already said many, many times you can't make a strong financial case for the stand but the increased away capacity will offset some of the costs and eventually much of the money will be recouped. That side of the ground is embarrassing, that's why something needs doing with it.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Rob wrote:

20 years ago it was estimated at 1.5 million to replace with a 750 seater stand
Every year the costs will rise until its built
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:14 pm

The point is that hopefully, within the next couple of years, we would be in Div.1 and in with teams with bigger away support such week, such as Sunderland, Portsmouth etc
Keep leaving it and if that moment does come, we will not be able to take advantage of it.
Even at the moment , with SAG regulations, we are pushed to get a maximum of 8500, rather than the true capacity of 9200.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Realistically how much would it cost to just knock the bloody thing down, tidy it all up, give it a good sweep, put all the advertising boards the full length of the pitch, and have it as an overflow terrace for "sold out" away fans.
Surely a decent compromise and could have more advertisements incorporated because it covers a longer space
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Speaking of advertising on the Bish, our lass was offered a hoarding on there but turned it down on the basis that it looks such a mess any sign she had would be lost amongst the dozens of boards already in place.

Are the club over selling the space, would charging more for fewer boards on a completed stand genterate more money?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Sneag wrote:Speaking of advertising on the Bish, our lass was offered a hoarding on there but turned it down on the basis that it looks such a mess any sign she had would be lost amongst the dozens of boards already in place.

Are the club over selling the space, would charging more for fewer boards on a completed stand genterate more money?

Why don't we just not bother with any seats for spectators or any stands or a stadium for that matter and just put advertising signs up everywhere?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:24 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Sneag wrote:Speaking of advertising on the Bish, our lass was offered a hoarding on there but turned it down on the basis that it looks such a mess any sign she had would be lost amongst the dozens of boards already in place.

Why don't we just not bother with any seats for spectators or any stands or a stadium for that matter and just put advertising signs up everywhere?

Hmm almost the complete opposite of what I said but yeah why not. Plaster the Ian Greaves with adverts & just stream every game.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Isn't one of the caveats of the grant money that paid for the stadium that it was to be seating only?

Whether that's just the stands that it was used on or not I don't know.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:22 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Isn't one of the caveats of the grant money that paid for the stadium that it was to be seating only?

Whether that's just the stands that it was used on or not I don't know.

It's for the stands already built but I think the caveat exists. I think we'd get funding towards a rail seated stand, but not terrace.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:44 am

A stand we don't need, or a CB we do need... which would be of more benefit in our current division?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 am

Spiritater wrote:A stand we don't need, or a CB we do need... which would be of more benefit in our current division?

Is it an either / or situation ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:22 am

Chacawab wrote:A peek through the fence on Thursday and it looked like the old one is being dismantled. Hoorah!

We wish! :)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:22 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Chacawab wrote:A peek through the fence on Thursday and it looked like the old one is being dismantled. Hoorah!

Your wish is granted. They had already started taking some of the panels off before Saturday. It was partly covered with black cloth during the match.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:28 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

Your wish is granted. They had already started taking some of the panels off before Saturday. It was partly covered with black cloth during the match.

It was wearing a face mask
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:04 am

halifaxstag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

Great news thanks
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:38 pm

Dan wrote:

I think the new one is similar to this... Pretty sure they have bought one. Unsure when its going up
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum