{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby stagtastic1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:32 pm

Over on blobs board they have their own thread on this and are gullible enough to believe the rumour whilst having a laugh about us imploding :roll: :lol:
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: Mansfield Woodhouse

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:37 pm

stagtastic1 wrote:Over on blobs board they have their own thread on this and are gullible enough to believe the rumour whilst having a laugh about us imploding :roll: :lol:


To be fair, we'd be doing the same if their potential Messiah was linked with other jobs. Although the one who google mapped the distance from Clough's home to Wrexham might be very disappointed.

Let's just wait until Saturday evening and they're crying into their sheep dips.
User avatar
Birminghamstag10
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:08 pm

bear 73 wrote:Clough has had a very positive reaction from Mansfield fans and brought his staff with him, and forming a good relationship with Both Sharpe and the Radfords.
Having enjoyed a challenge with small budgets at Derby and Burton it must be nice having a level playing field.
His job here has just begun and he must be looking forward to the challenges the next two seasons bring.
From a man who knows Clough well after many many years, With Nigel here ,i can sleep at night.
Wrexham it is Fluer hoping her wildest dreams could come true, Good luck to her has C.E.O, and tell the owners they have one job to do.
Pick the right manager, and let him do his job.
I can understand the link to NC and the Wrexham job ( if it's true what they are saying on Bob's bored, that the Wrexham chair is the daughter of the Burton chair ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7463
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:38 am

T'will all come down to money and honour.
Nigel's already got plenty of both.
To enhance his managerial status going to North Wales isn't really going to get clubs in the Championship salivating if they do well. Whereas if he wins Lge 2 next season by 10 points clubs'll strawberry their ears up more so.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22671
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:40 am

Yeah the strawberry was p rick by the way.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22671
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:53 am

I had a vaccination strawberry the other day
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 7314
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 am

Did you strawberry a balloon to celebrate?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22671
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:48 am

Got Flynn all over this one
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:31 am

Spiritater wrote:T'will all come down to money and honour.
Nigel's already got plenty of both.
To enhance his managerial status going to North Wales isn't really going to get clubs in the Championship salivating if they do well. Whereas if he wins Lge 2 next season by 10 points clubs'll strawberry their ears up more so.
Apparently Dean Keates wasn't "box office" enough for the new regime. I can't see NC buying into Hollywood nonsense. I'm more convinced that the is no chance NC going to Wrexham.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7463
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:00 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Got Flynn all over this one

Errol?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4270
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby RudyDude » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:39 am

Well, Derek Adams has left Morecambe, although speculation is linking him with Bradford City

Edit: realised I'd spelled the team wrong

:mtfc:
Last edited by RudyDude on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 721
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 am

RudyDude wrote:Well, Derek Adams has left Morecombe, although speculation is linking him with Bradford City



Think he's going to be announced today
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Keith Hill now being linked with the Wrexham job. I think he may have played for them in the dim and distant past.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7463
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Keith Hill played 12 games for Wrexham on loan in 2001.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9157
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Mark Hudson is 9/4 favourite followed by Mike Flynn at 7/2 , Nigel Clough at 6/1 and Mark Hughes at 10/1.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9157
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:21 am

Rumour is Carlton Palmer is on a plane back from Singapore to take up this enormous challenge.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:33 am

Amber Andy wrote:Keith Hill now being linked with the Wrexham job. I think he may have played for them in the dim and distant past.

Says he’s interested and enjoyed his time there
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Rumour is Carlton Palmer is on a plane back from Singapore to take up this enormous challenge.


The legendary former England player, Carlton Palmer, has already screamed in on a jet to take on the massive job of manager of Grantham Town.

https://www.granthamtownfc.com/news/car ... 08405.html
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9157
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Rumour is Carlton Palmer is on a plane back from Singapore to take up this enormous challenge.


The legendary former England player, Carlton Palmer, has already screamed in on a jet to take on the massive job of manager of Grantham Town.

https://www.granthamtownfc.com/news/car ... 08405.html


:D :D It just shows that someone will give you a job no matter how long you’ve been out of the game.

Quite a local connection with his staff as well. Will we be sending any youngsters on loan do you think?
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Wilfred » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Rumour is Carlton Palmer is on a plane back from Singapore to take up this enormous challenge.


The legendary former England player, Carlton Palmer, has already screamed in on a jet to take on the massive job of manager of Grantham Town.

https://www.granthamtownfc.com/news/car ... 08405.html


:D :D It just shows that someone will give you a job no matter how long you’ve been out of the game.

Quite a local connection with his staff as well. Will we be sending any youngsters on loan do you think?

The article states that Palmer played for England, Sandy. Did he ever mention that fact?
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:54 pm

Wilfred wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Rumour is Carlton Palmer is on a plane back from Singapore to take up this enormous challenge.


The legendary former England player, Carlton Palmer, has already screamed in on a jet to take on the massive job of manager of Grantham Town.

https://www.granthamtownfc.com/news/car ... 08405.html


:D :D It just shows that someone will give you a job no matter how long you’ve been out of the game.

Quite a local connection with his staff as well. Will we be sending any youngsters on loan do you think?

The article states that Palmer played for England, Sandy. Did he ever mention that fact?



I don’t recall that he did Wilfred but I think he made the worst ever England players team. :D
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4455
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby victor A block » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:59 am

Have wrecscum appointed anyone yet ?
victor A block
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am

Looks like Mark Hudson for Wrexham.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9133
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: clueless bookies make Clough favourite for Wrexham job

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Looks like Mark Hudson for Wrexham.

That’s a come down from ‘our Nige’ and ‘I played for England’ Patsy Palmer
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BH_Stag, Google Feedfetcher, MTFCMusings, StanstedStag and 32 guests