{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:14 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Bad injury news for Walsall. Joss Labadie and Conor Wilkinson are both out injured for 9 months with ACLs. Michael Flynn is saying he should have a strong team in January 2023 when hopefully they will be back.

Could have done with them at full strength for their game against Swindon on the last day

To be fair Labadie went off with the scores at 0-0 against Vale and they won 2-0. He’s not been very good for Walsall from what a Walsall fan tells me.

We’ll have the play-offs sewn up by the final day anyway :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 am

Striker Chris Porter is leaving Crewe. He is 38.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Bad injury news for Walsall. Joss Labadie and Conor Wilkinson are both out injured for 9 months with ACLs. Michael Flynn is saying he should have a strong team in January 2023 when hopefully they will be back.

Could have done with them at full strength for their game against Swindon on the last day

To be fair Labadie went off with the scores at 0-0 against Vale and they won 2-0. He’s not been very good for Walsall from what a Walsall fan tells me.

We’ll have the play-offs sewn up by the final day anyway :lol:

I think it’s the second time labadie has had that injury .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:02 pm

daddycool wrote:I think it’s the second time labadie has had that injury .

It is. Other knee though.

"When asked for an update on Labadie, Flynn said: “He’s out for nine months, done his ACL. I’ve seen Joss go down many times holding his knee, fearing the worst and then been clear, and this time I thought there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It’s crazy. I’m gutted for Joss as he’s done it before – not the same leg, it’s the different leg this time. It’s another key player for me that is going to be missing for a long time.

“The one thing I’ll say is that we’ll have a good team in January – by the time he and Conor come back. It’s a kick in the teeth and again, it could affect what we’re trying to do (in the summer) as there’s two wages that are out of the equation. It’s something I’ve got to be mindful of, but my first thoughts are with Joss and Conor, and that they have the best rehab they can. Hopefully, they’ll be back stronger than before the injuries.”

Flynn worked with Labadie at previous club Newport County and is astounded to have had both the midfielder and Wilkinson suffer ACL injuries in such quick succession. "Two ACL injuries in two weeks, I’ve never seen it, especially two innocuous ones like that,” added Flynn. “Conor’s was a kick. I’ve seen it when there has been nobody around and they’ve twisted and just collapsed. I’ve seen them. I’ve seen bad tackles and a cruciate done. I’ve never really seen a kick where it hyper-extends the ligament and basically snaps the ligament. It’s sad. It’s sad for both lads. But they’re both strong lads. They’ve got our full support and can speak to me any time. We’ll try to get them the best rehab we can and get them back firing as soon as possible.”
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:19 pm

Neil Harris impliedly has a go at Evans and Dodgy. Will Alex MacDonald and Vadaine Oliver be off to Stevenage? He's not intending keeping any of his 7 players under contract.

"The balance of the squad, fitness of the squad and the standards have been a disgrace."

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:20 pm

Interesting day, was at sheff wed today got talking to someone and a lad on loan at Portsmouth from Blackburn a target for us.

Hayden Carter played right back, and center back apparently close to a move to stags in the summer.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:26 pm

I mentioned the possible connection between Nigel Clough and Hayden Carter back in January due to the Burton connection.

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Blackburn centre half Hayden Carter seems available for a loan. A promotion chasing League 1 club is said to be interested. He was at Burton Albion on loan last season so Nigel Clough probably knows about him through his contacts.

Hayden Carter has signed for Portsmouth on loan.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:24 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Neil Harris impliedly has a go at Evans and Dodgy. Will Alex MacDonald and Vadaine Oliver be off to Stevenage? He's not intending keeping any of his 7 players under contract.

"The balance of the squad, fitness of the squad and the standards have been a disgrace."

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun May 01, 2022 8:42 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun May 01, 2022 9:21 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I mentioned the possible connection between Nigel Clough and Hayden Carter back in January due to the Burton connection.

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Blackburn centre half Hayden Carter seems available for a loan. A promotion chasing League 1 club is said to be interested. He was at Burton Albion on loan last season so Nigel Clough probably knows about him through his contacts.

Hayden Carter has signed for Portsmouth on loan.

Think this would be a shock to Blackburn fans, they think he’ll be in their first team squad next season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 02, 2022 4:57 pm

Time to start the new thread Tippy, Morecambe have released their retained list which includes a certain Rhys Bennett.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 02, 2022 6:03 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Time to start the new thread Tippy, Morecambe have released their retained list which includes a certain Rhys Bennett.

He'll be off to Stevenage :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum