{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New players any ideas

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 am

Ok, we’ll if it’s unsubstantiated rumours you’re after, David Sharpe recently followed and was followed by Anthony Pilkington and Leigh Griffiths on Instagram.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat May 15, 2021 8:21 am

Leigh Griffiths lol. Least it’s something though.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sat May 15, 2021 9:27 am

lifestags wrote:Leigh Griffiths lol. Least it’s something though.

There would still be a few on here disappointed :D
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 15, 2021 9:41 am

Harry Pell will end up being loaned out to Keith Curle at Oldham :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 15, 2021 10:10 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 15, 2021 10:36 am

Salford City
Under Contract: Cerny Ando, Bruno Andrade, Luke Armstrong, Kevin Berkoe, Luke Burgess, Hayden Campbell, Alex Denny, Ash Eastham, Tom Elliott, Tylor Golden, Ian Henderson, Václav Hladký, Ash Hunter, Liam Loughlan, Jason Lowe, Matt Sargent, Brandon Thomas-Asante, Mo Touray, Jordan Turnbull.
Offered New Contract: Ibou Touray

Released: Mani Dieseruvwe, Alex Doyle, Oscar Threlkeld, Richie Towell (returning to Ireland), George Boyd, Tom Clarke, Harry Ditchfield, Sam Fielding, Darron Gibson, Dan Hawkins, Dan Jones, Will Shepherd and James Wilson.

James Wilson (25) is a quality player. His career has never really got going. Only 61(55) league appearances and has scored 22 goals. I think he's had a few injury problems.

Dan Jones has a great long throw so Keith Curle might sign him up.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat May 15, 2021 10:44 am

G B wrote:
lifestags wrote:Leigh Griffiths lol. Least it’s something though.

There would still be a few on here disappointed :D

He’s got more baggage than Heathrow airport.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:13 am

Many Managers love the rumour mill, they let and encourage speculation any thing to feed the fans expectations, We had Akins in January.
People around Clough are very loyal, and leaks will not be tolerated, Proper pro our guy a player is not ours until he has signed on the dotted line
I wonder how many clubs would like to know who Clough is interested in, With his record many would just let him do the work and outbid him.
so silence is golden, But its a long summer for some of us , lets hope the playoffs and euros help, i am guessing 5 players in 3 months that word patience keeps cropping up
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 15, 2021 11:26 am

Barnsley are such a well run club.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 15, 2021 12:01 pm

chip63 wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
chip63 wrote:It seems we all know nothing, I'm not sure we will find out til the day of the signings.
Pre season friendlies and training might be our only hint, I'd hate to play Clough at poker, he certainly keeps his cards close to his chest.

Are you for real? Season hasn't even been over a week

The thread asks for any ideas, so I've replied politely.

Have a look at ex Burton, Sheff Utd and Derby players. And a sprinkling of Scottish too. This window won't be one like we had under Evans of Flitcroft where we were linked with every player under the sun.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat May 15, 2021 12:03 pm

bear 73 wrote:Many Managers love the rumour mill, they let and encourage speculation any thing to feed the fans expectations, We had Akins in January.
People around Clough are very loyal, and leaks will not be tolerated, Proper pro our guy a player is not ours until he has signed on the dotted line
I wonder how many clubs would like to know who Clough is interested in, With his record many would just let him do the work and outbid him.
so silence is golden, But its a long summer for some of us , lets hope the playoffs and euros help, i am guessing 5 players in 3 months that word patience keeps cropping up

Most pre seasons we've sort of known that any good players available we would put an offer in for them.
This season I like most have not got even the slightest clue who we are interested in.
Could do with your mate Broomo back for some inclination of players he thinks would fit the bill.
He did seem to know if certain players would suit Cloughs work ethics.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat May 15, 2021 12:30 pm

chip63 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Many Managers love the rumour mill, they let and encourage speculation any thing to feed the fans expectations, We had Akins in January.

Most pre seasons we've sort of known that any good players available we would put an offer in for them.
This season I like most have not got even the slightest clue who we are interested in.
Could do with your mate Broomo back for some inclination of players he thinks would fit the bill.

If you're wanting names... Scott Tanser, John Bradford, Lucas Akins. These aren't new names though, just who we've been linked with already.

My guess is the first signing will be Stephen Quinn. Clough won't sign players for the sake of it. I'm also excited to see who we get in nets, it's been ages since we've had a decent keeper.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 15, 2021 12:31 pm

chip63 wrote:

think the bash street kids put pay to that happening
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Cloughie watch

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 15, 2021 1:01 pm

wonder if the Gaffa is up in Scotland again today ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sat May 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Dont think anyone outside of clough ,his brother simon and gary crosby will know who we are chasing thats the best thing about having him here ,no bull ,just get on with the job and ultimately get it done
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pm

Torrystag wrote:Dont think anyone outside of clough ,his brother simon and gary crosby will know who we are chasing thats the best thing about having him here ,no bull ,just get on with the job and ultimately get it done

Yepp the proof of the pie will be in the eating mi owd Spanish fly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Yeah i must admit ,he fills me with confidence ,gonna be a cracking season one way or another
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 15, 2021 2:45 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 16, 2021 6:06 am

Torrystag wrote:Yeah i must admit ,he fills me with confidence ,gonna be a cracking season one way or another

So on that thought spanish, have you given up pininig for GC and taken his pictures down? :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Torrystag wrote:Yeah i must admit ,he fills me with confidence ,gonna be a cracking season one way or another

So on that thought spanish, have you given up pininig for GC and taken his pictures down? :D

It must be great for you being so perfect spiritater ,i back every manager we ever have at the club ,but it just seems to live in your head that i believed in coughlan ,do you write to jr and carolyn constantly berating them for not seeing through him straight away ,its easy to be correct with hindsight ,but hey ho if it keeps you happy its ok with me mi owd lad :D
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Sun May 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Fake Twitter account saying we’re after Dominic Samuel from Gills.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 17, 2021 7:52 am

Stags Instagram followed by Alex Gilbey from Charlton. Assume this is in response to the recent post about George Lapslie’s goal stats for the season, rather than transfer related.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 17, 2021 8:08 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 am

Would think there will be quite a few lists coming through today as the deadline to submit them to the FA is today.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum