{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:16 am

No thanks Dan ta.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:01 am

Dan wrote:Some pics if you're really bored and desperate :D https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 6826649104


Making us look at that again. You don’t really like us, do you?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2363
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby James » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:32 am

I see the Stagsnet knives are out for Clough already. Didn’t take long.

People having a go at Sharpe, for last January’s transfer window, when he wasn’t even here about sums it all up for me.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby The One » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 am

James wrote:I see the Stagsnet knives are out for Clough already. Didn’t take long.

People having a go at Sharpe, for last January’s transfer window, when he wasn’t even here about sums it all up for me.


True. He inherited a poor team. He took us on 5 game winning streak, weather interupted this.

No one was moaning then.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby KJW STAG » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:59 am

The One wrote:
James wrote:I see the Stagsnet knives are out for Clough already. Didn’t take long.

People having a go at Sharpe, for last January’s transfer window, when he wasn’t even here about sums it all up for me.


True. He inherited a poor team. He took us on 5 game winning streak, weather interupted this.

No one was moaning then.


The relieve to climb away from bottom of league to save our league status .

Then there was those who want us pushing for the play offs .

Being happy with what we have got but others wanting more :shock:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:36 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:23 am

oldweststander wrote:Accept the January window was about as bad as it could be, failings all around, no plan B.

In the main Nigel has to play the cards he has been dealt and he has been dealt some shockers.


Nigel thought this league would be a breeze after winning 5 on the trot with his remit to keep us in the league. We are now in free fall down to decisions himself and Sharpe made in January. I really can’t see a where the points needed to confirm safety are coming from let’s hope Southend don’t pick up 3 points today .
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1978
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby robbingdog » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:29 am

Just watched the goals again on sky. The first one wasn’t great.
After watching Jamie Reid’s threaded assist it was noticeable that nobody
Appeared to give out a rollicking. If that was me he’dhave been getting a round of f**ks
We just had the look of a beaten team and everyone had given up

Anyway, on to Monday for an easy 3 points
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:02 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Full backs generally have the most touches as they include throw ins in the touch stats.


Full backs generally have the most touches even if you ignore the throw ins Sam.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:06 am

After a nights sleep and due consideration my thoughts are that the team has those in it who think we are already secure in L2 for next season and those who know they are leaving at season's end and don't really care.

Three points yesterday would have nailed our safety on, three points on Monday will do the same, but can anyone be confident enough to say we can score enough goals in a game to win again this season?

I can't .
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Chacawab » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:09 am

I know it’s been covered already on this and other threads but just seen Cooky featuring for Bradford on Quest (“on loan from Mansfield” they said :oops:). He’s now their top scorer in the league. Couple of great finishes and almost scored a worldy too. Proper goal scorers are value for money, it’s those that don’t score that aren’t
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:55 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:17 am

I’m curious as to what some expect on here.

What did we want when clough took over, i’m sure the vast majority of realistic posters would be happy with where we are now compared to when he took over.

Sadly in the transfer window we probably shouldn’t have let cook go, but it was done and there’s little point on going over and over and over again and i’m sure clough will be well aware of that. Maybe fans should focus more on where are we now in compared to where we were when he took over in relation to the bottom 2 -we don’t win games as by and large bowery and reid are hopeless (obviously the mindless individual errors don’t really help!).

I’m not going to deny i’m still a little nervous and if southend win today i’ll be a bit more nervous, but for folk to be potentially wanting clough out, are you retarded?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Kenwood » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:31 am

adamstag wrote:I’m curious as to what some expect on here.

What did we want when clough took over, i’m sure the vast majority of realistic posters would be happy with where we are now compared to when he took over.

Sadly in the transfer window we probably shouldn’t have let cook go, but it was done and there’s little point on going over and over and over again and i’m sure clough will be well aware of that. Maybe fans should focus more on where are we now in compared to where we were when he took over in relation to the bottom 2 -we don’t win games as by and large bowery and reid are hopeless (obviously the mindless individual errors don’t really help!).

I’m not going to deny i’m still a little nervous and if southend win today i’ll be a bit more nervous, but for folk to be potentially wanting clough out, are you retarded?


Spot on

Other than the unnecessary changes he made against Grimsby which surrendered the three points in my opinion everything else Clough has done on the pitch has been a massive improvement.
Kenwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:37 am

Chacawab wrote:I know it’s been covered already on this and other threads but just seen Cooky featuring for Bradford on Quest (“on loan from Mansfield” they said :oops:). He’s now their top scorer in the league. Couple of great finishes and almost scored a worldy too. Proper goal scorers are value for money, it’s those that don’t score that aren’t


Cook is capable of scoring out of nothing... how we could do with that now.

If we stay up people will say the decision to let him go is vindicated, no harm done, look at all the money we’ve saved and that is fine, I get it, but we aren’t half trying to make hard work of it. In the 15 games since we ripped apart our options up top, we’ve won 2 games, and our strikers have only scored in 3 of those 15 games. People point to injury to Sarkic as the reason we are light, but even if he was fit he simply isn’t an out and out centre forward and never has been. We must be the only club in England that can’t change the striker when they need a goal :lol:

Let’s hope the gamble all pays off, Southend don’t win today, and we can go on to have a relatively comfortable end to the season and we can enjoy splashing all that saved money on a new striker in the summer! I don’t think that we got January right, but I have faith that given a full summer Clough will build a tidy squad for next season.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:05 am

adamstag wrote:I’m curious as to what some expect on here.

What did we want when clough took over, i’m sure the vast majority of realistic posters would be happy with where we are now compared to when he took over.

Sadly in the transfer window we probably shouldn’t have let cook go, but it was done and there’s little point on going over and over and over again and i’m sure clough will be well aware of that. Maybe fans should focus more on where are we now in compared to where we were when he took over in relation to the bottom 2 -we don’t win games as by and large bowery and reid are hopeless (obviously the mindless individual errors don’t really help!).

I’m not going to deny i’m still a little nervous and if southend win today i’ll be a bit more nervous, but for folk to be potentially wanting clough out, are you retarded?


I may have missed it but where is the post wanting "Clough out".
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:24 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
adamstag wrote:I’m curious as to what some expect on here.

What did we want when clough took over, i’m sure the vast majority of realistic posters would be happy with where we are now compared to when he took over.

Sadly in the transfer window we probably shouldn’t have let cook go, but it was done and there’s little point on going over and over and over again and i’m sure clough will be well aware of that. Maybe fans should focus more on where are we now in compared to where we were when he took over in relation to the bottom 2 -we don’t win games as by and large bowery and reid are hopeless (obviously the mindless individual errors don’t really help!).

I’m not going to deny i’m still a little nervous and if southend win today i’ll be a bit more nervous, but for folk to be potentially wanting clough out, are you retarded?


I may have missed it but where is the post wanting "Clough out".


there’s plenty of posts where fans are openly questioning whether clough is the right man for the job - which given he’s had less than half a year in charge with some of the players he inherited is remarkable. If you’re specifically looking for me to quote one for your convenience then we’re on a different page here.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:35 am

adamstag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
adamstag wrote:I’m curious as to what some expect on here.

What did we want when clough took over, i’m sure the vast majority of realistic posters would be happy with where we are now compared to when he took over.

Sadly in the transfer window we probably shouldn’t have let cook go, but it was done and there’s little point on going over and over and over again and i’m sure clough will be well aware of that. Maybe fans should focus more on where are we now in compared to where we were when he took over in relation to the bottom 2 -we don’t win games as by and large bowery and reid are hopeless (obviously the mindless individual errors don’t really help!).

I’m not going to deny i’m still a little nervous and if southend win today i’ll be a bit more nervous, but for folk to be potentially wanting clough out, are you retarded?


I may have missed it but where is the post wanting "Clough out".


there’s plenty of posts where fans are openly questioning whether clough is the right man for the job - which given he’s had less than half a year in charge with some of the players he inherited is remarkable. If you’re specifically looking for me to quote one for your convenience then we’re on a different page here.


So no one is, it just fits your narrative.

Why shouldn't they question it?

He's made a pigs ear of transfer window
His substitutions are reactive like predecessors
His substitutions are amateurish and shambolic on a few occasions
He admitted the diamond that worked well wasn't his idea, then gets rid

To be honest because of his name and no fans in the ground he's gotten away lightly.

I like him and want him here but to say we can't question him watching that Shiite and same players he constantly picks costing us games is downright ludicrous
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby James » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:36 am

Who do you want him to pick that’s different?
If we’d have kept Cook &/or Maynard, how many more points do you think we would’ve collected?
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:46 am

James wrote:Who do you want him to pick that’s different?
If we’d have kept Cook &/or Maynard, how many more points do you think we would’ve collected?


It's not rocket science is it, I won't furnish you with waffling on as its opinions and you'll disagree so I'll leave it there.

The point I was making to Adam is that we have every right to question the manager
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:47 am

Thought I’d better mention it as no one else has in here but Cook scored twice yesterday. ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:47 am

Nobody is calling for cloughies head ,some are stating their opinions on the transfer window in january ,i said that him and or sharpe may have left us open to more risk than was really neccessary, some may be questioning some of his post match observations ,but no one can ever be immune to criticism its a fans forum after all
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:48 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
adamstag wrote:I’m curious as to what some expect on here.

What did we want when clough took over, i’m sure the vast majority of realistic posters would be happy with where we are now compared to when he took over.

Sadly in the transfer window we probably shouldn’t have let cook go, but it was done and there’s little point on going over and over and over again and i’m sure clough will be well aware of that. Maybe fans should focus more on where are we now in compared to where we were when he took over in relation to the bottom 2 -we don’t win games as by and large bowery and reid are hopeless (obviously the mindless individual errors don’t really help!).

I’m not going to deny i’m still a little nervous and if southend win today i’ll be a bit more nervous, but for folk to be potentially wanting clough out, are you retarded?


I may have missed it but where is the post wanting "Clough out".


there’s plenty of posts where fans are openly questioning whether clough is the right man for the job - which given he’s had less than half a year in charge with some of the players he inherited is remarkable. If you’re specifically looking for me to quote one for your convenience then we’re on a different page here.


So no one is, it just fits your narrative.

Why shouldn't they question it?

He's made a pigs ear of transfer window
His substitutions are reactive like predecessors
His substitutions are amateurish and shambolic on a few occasions
He admitted the diamond that worked well wasn't his idea, then gets rid

To be honest because of his name and no fans in the ground he's gotten away lightly.

I like him and want him here but to say we can't question him watching that Shiite and same players he constantly picks costing us games is downright ludicrous


They are, it’s just i value my time more than going through posts and quoting them to prove my point, which was already valid in the first place.

Has everything he’s done this season perfect? no - what look at what’s happened to klopp after winning the champions league and the league the last few seasons!

Of course fans have right to ask to ask questions of the manager - the problem is more often than not fans are asking dumb questions :lol:

the question to answer to any fan on here is this - Would you, or would you not have taken where we are now when he took over?
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8538
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:55 am

Where we are now YES ,but can we keep this position till the end of the season ,thats the real question thats bothering lots adam
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby bear 73 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:28 pm

The good thing about losing is we move from 8 pages to 13 on this forum, we were beat by a better team we knew they had pace up front, they closed down the space and their goalkeeper came out for crosses, we discuss both penalty areas every week and we are poor, and we are far from safe, Clough needs these players to achieve safety and so will keep trying to get them to do their jobs, If Mansfield had the team many of us think we have, top notch defenders ,pacy wingers, 20 goal strikers, he would not be here, Mansfield are a club that as been struggling for years, league 2 is the easiest league to get out off, with 4 going up, and we have been in it for 8 years, If Bradford do not gain promotion and we stay in league 2, we both have achieved the same thing, but we will have done it cheaper, none of us are happy with our performances, and watching Southend and Grimsby results is a worry.
But yesterday our problems came home to roost, thinking positive Law and Sinclair had a run out.
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Herts Stag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:12 pm

I was as upset as most after yesterday's dismal performance. But on reflection, the fact is the squad is down to bare bones. He hasn't got the players to rotate and that has been hampered by injuries and fatigue to key players. Ollie Clarke was really showing what a good player he could be but like Bowery and Reid, he is running on empty. Prior to this week, we have been playing 3 games per week for the previous 7 weeks and that is bound to take its toll. With Carlisle now 2 up at Southend, I'm pretty sure we are safe. We just have to grin and bare it for the rest of the season and look forward to a good transfer window in the summer. Nigel is a good manager and will prove it again here at Mansfield. You could see in yesterday's interview he was as frustrated as we are. With the current squad, he cannot make wholesale changes but at least he hasn't resorted to publicly crucifying individuals. He's left that to us.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:36 pm

James wrote:I see the Stagsnet knives are out for Clough already. Didn’t take long.

People having a go at Sharpe, for last January’s transfer window, when he wasn’t even here about sums it all up for me.


Oh please. No one in their right mind has the knives out for him. But he should take criticism where it is warranted and it is when it comes to the transfer window
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16072
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: awalkinthepark, bobbystagsfan, Google [Bot], Kernow, La Manga Stag and 29 guests