{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:04 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:My fredding done.

Stopped watching after the Reid gift. He wants putting on train to Torquay. Never been a league footballer, in fact not good enough for non league.

Subs made too late. We made them look good. Stones kicking is a nightmare .


Although i agree that reid doesnt seem upto lg2 standard... Feel that many are laying the blame solely at his feet when in reality there are 6/7 players out there who are either not good enough or seem to be in cruise mode knowing that its unlikely theyll be here next season.

The whole culture & team at MTFC needs re-building from the foundations upwards... How many of us have the patience for this? Especially the young fans who we need to attract


Without specifically speculating on the reasons behind Collins passing, I really hope Reid doesn’t read this board. The bile and vitriol is shameful.


Bellwiff, your recent grasp of irony really made me chuckle.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2363
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:08 pm

AIDS
Next PYHBO! Issue due first game back.

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby julianshatnasty » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:14 pm

As a team we played better with a front three, Bowery looked far, far better coming in from the left and although Charsley wasn't a right forward we were winning and looking good. Even Law played that position in his first or second game and he looked out of position but we still looked confident. We seem to have changed the formation to accommodate our seven midfielders (all of whom I'd bet on still being here next season) but it's not worked. Back to the 4-3-3 for me.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:21 pm

i’m genuinely worried we will go down
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:26 pm

You can start any formation, the players have to be good enough to play it. which patently they are not. Defence is a shambles , forward line none existent and to many alteratons from week to week in midfield.
Some of these. are much poorer players than we had in the Conference.
Last edited by bigalstag1 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigalstag1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:51 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:27 pm

Love Clough but agree letting Cook go was a very big error
Cook would always be a threat and always has a presence up front
2 wins for Southend and Grimsby and more defeats for us will be squeaky bum time
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3441
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:30 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:My fredding done.

Stopped watching after the Reid gift. He wants putting on train to Torquay. Never been a league footballer, in fact not good enough for non league.

Subs made too late. We made them look good. Stones kicking is a nightmare .


Although i agree that reid doesnt seem upto lg2 standard... Feel that many are laying the blame solely at his feet when in reality there are 6/7 players out there who are either not good enough or seem to be in cruise mode knowing that its unlikely theyll be here next season.

The whole culture & team at MTFC needs re-building from the foundations upwards... How many of us have the patience for this? Especially the young fans who we need to attract


Without specifically speculating on the reasons behind Collins passing, I really hope Reid doesn’t read this board. The bile and vitriol is shameful.


Bellwiff, your recent grasp of irony really made me chuckle.


Hes a professional footballer.... Comes with the territory..is nothing different to whats said on every football teams messageboards across the world.

What the hell does stags being complete tommy tank have to do with the death of Lee collins?
Gazmoose82
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:34 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Love Clough but agree letting Cook go was a very big error
Cook would always be a threat and always has a presence up front
2 wins for Southend and Grimsby and more defeats for us will be squeaky bum time


I believe that people forget that Cook went first. It was Maynard who was left when our other deals fell through and he is no loss. I don’t think we would be in any better a position if we had insisted on him staying as he would have put even less effort in or developed another injury. AND we would have been about three grand a week worse off (if rumours of wages are true). Even if it were only £500 it would still have been too much.

I am still very confident that we are safe so let’s just get off the team’s back and look forward to next season.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby The One » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:My fredding done.

Stopped watching after the Reid gift. He wants putting on train to Torquay. Never been a league footballer, in fact not good enough for non league.

Subs made too late. We made them look good. Stones kicking is a nightmare .


Although i agree that reid doesnt seem upto lg2 standard... Feel that many are laying the blame solely at his feet when in reality there are 6/7 players out there who are either not good enough or seem to be in cruise mode knowing that its unlikely theyll be here next season.

The whole culture & team at MTFC needs re-building from the foundations upwards... How many of us have the patience for this? Especially the young fans who we need to attract


Without specifically speculating on the reasons behind Collins passing, I really hope Reid doesn’t read this board. The bile and vitriol is shameful.


Bellwiff, your recent grasp of irony really made me chuckle.


Hes a professional footballer.... Comes with the territory..is nothing different to whats said on every football teams messageboards across the world.

What the hell does stags being complete tommy tank have to do with the death of Lee collins?


MOTD rip players to bits every Saturday
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Arnolds Rod » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:53 pm

Imagine Roy Keane giving his views on that performance.
Arnolds Rod
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:32 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby StagR » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Over six decades of watching Stags, I have witnessed many dire performances. What worried me most today was how easy it was for Orient. They appeared to have done their homework on us and shut us down very quickly. With the limited players available we have become very predictable when playing out from the back - Stone to Perch to Rawson; if liability Gordon was unavailable it was punted long for Bowery or Reid in the hope that something might drop for us. It didn’t. Maris & Quinn tried to drop deeper on occasions to make things happen, but with Stags determined to gift ridiculous goals away, Orient can hardly have had an easier 3 points all season. Another few similar performances and Cloughie could be back managing in the Conference.
StagR
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby oldweststander » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:29 pm

Accept the January window was about as bad as it could be, failings all around, no plan B.

In the main Nigel has to play the cards he has been dealt and he has been dealt some shockers.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Torrystag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Twas a bad day lets all chill a bit
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Torrystag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:48 pm

oldweststander wrote:Accept the January window was about as bad as it could be, failings all around, no plan B.

In the main Nigel has to play the cards he has been dealt and he has been dealt some shockers.

He has been left a few gems ,gc could not get them to play can nige there are some good players here ,its about management ,i hope and believe he can they are not all flops ad some would have us believe
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby daddycool » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:01 pm

Can we getv3\4 points to see us over the line
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby nigegray » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:14 pm

play 4 5 1 monday get reid off the park get back to basics roll your sleeves up and hold on tight.
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby nigegray » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:20 pm

daddycool wrote:Can we getv3\4 points to see us over the line

yes hopefully but it will be 1pt at a time cant see were a win is coming from?
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:45 pm

Aidan Stone had more touches (53) than all bar one of Orients players. Shows how well Orient did in forcing our players to play backwards, which led to both of their goals.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby victor A block » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:20 pm

Players to keep .
Clarke
Lapslie
Cook

Possibles
Maris
Rawson
Perch
Charsley
Bowery
Law

Big job on .
victor A block
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1764
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby five to three » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:42 pm

I'm not exactly sure what wages Cook and Maynard were on but loaning them out may have saved us £100000! We have a really promising midfield. Rawson, Benning and Perch if he can maintain standard for another year are good at the back. Even Bowery with the right support is decent not so much up front as supporting the front line. The rest are rubbish and making Clough's job really hard BUT judge him please on who he brings in in the summer and how he molds that side. Until then what we lack will keep making it hard to win games even if we have a good midfield. I see a tunnel. I see the end of the tunnel. And there's a light shining! Next season folks.
five to three
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Torrystag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Accept the January window was about as bad as it could be, failings all around, no plan B.

In the main Nigel has to play the cards he has been dealt and he has been dealt some shockers.

He has been left a few gems ,gc could not get them to play can nige there are some good players here ,its about management ,i hope and believe he can they are not all flops ad some would have us believe
Most of them are flops. Problem is they've got two year contracts. I think we will survive, although I can see us finishing 22nd.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7300
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby wardy12345 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Well they Donald ducked that one up.

:banghead: :banghead:
wardy12345
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Aidan Stone had more touches (53) than all bar one of Orients players. Shows how well Orient did in forcing our players to play backwards, which led to both of their goals.

Good stat but 7 Stags players had equal or more touches than Stone. Benning had twice as many, mainly attacking, with Maris and Quinn next. We had 200 more touches and 200 more passes than Orient. There is nothing wrong with passing back to the keeper, you just have to do it right. Neither Gordon or Reid had to pass back to Stone atthetime that they did. They had options but executed their chosen option badly.
halifaxstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am
Location: Northowram, Halifax

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:45 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Aidan Stone had more touches (53) than all bar one of Orients players. Shows how well Orient did in forcing our players to play backwards, which led to both of their goals.

Good stat but 7 Stags players had equal or more touches than Stone. Benning had twice as many, mainly attacking, with Maris and Quinn next. We had 200 more touches and 200 more passes than Orient. There is nothing wrong with passing back to the keeper, you just have to do it right. Neither Gordon or Reid had to pass back to Stone atthetime that they did. They had options but executed their chosen option badly.


Clough said after the game that we used the keeper too much. If you look at the last few home games the number of touches were way up. And if Gordon and Reid had not messed up he’d have had at least two more touches :lol:

My point was more to show that he was used a lot more than usual today, despite not really having any saves to make, and usually due to effective defending from Orient. Over the past few home games we have been effective at passing out from the back but not today.

Full backs generally have the most touches as they include throw ins in the touch stats.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:59 pm

Some pics if you're really bored and desperate :D https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 6826649104
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admiral Sook, bluenyellow, I am Spartacus, my name is jonas, Paulstag, Spiritater, steve-o, teg41 and 27 guests