{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by back on track (k/o now 7.30)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by back on track (k/o now 7.30)

Postby The One » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:34 pm

In here please
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Carlilse scorefred sponsored by back on track

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:48 pm

The One wrote:In here please

Master is back ;)

Lets win this and leave them with The Blues .

Super Stags 2 Carlisle 0 Bowery and Law :D

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by back on track

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:11 pm

Good luck Daviid, can't see anything more than a point though.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Bump
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Chance tomorrow? On the move?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:13 pm

one or the other you'd think. I'd like to see him get a chance, and grab it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:33 pm

I like to see players given a fair chance before they leave the club or are moved on. Corey O'Keeffe had some very good dribbling stats in League 2 last season. He was my MOM for the EFL Trophy game at Scunthorpe United and he also played well at Cheltenham away in the FA Cup so it is strange that he has not been given a chance in the league by Nigel Clough.

When he signed, Corey O'Keeffe said “My strengths are getting forward and creating attacks and one v one defending. I need to work on getting more shots in.” Graham Coughlan said "Corey has a bright future ahead of him. He had a really good season on loan at Macclesfield last season. He has a wise head on young shoulders and offers us great energy, enthusiasm and can cover a number of positions.”

I can remember Brian Clough signing John Sheridan for Forest from Leeds United for £650,000 in August 1989 and then never playing him! He sold him to Sheffield Wednesday in November where he won promotion to the 1st Division, won the League Cup in 1991, finished 3rd in the 1st Division in 1992 and runners up in the FA Cup and League Cup Finals in 1993.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I like to see players given a fair chance before they leave the club or are moved on. Corey O'Keeffe had some very good dribbling stats in League 2 last season. He was my MOM for the EFL Trophy game at Scunthorpe United and he also played well at Cheltenham away in the FA Cup so it is strange that he has not been given a chance in the league by Nigel Clough.

I can remember Brian Clough signing John Sheridan for Forest from Leeds United for £650,000 in August 1989 and then never playing him! He sold him to Sheffield Wednesday in November where he won promotion to the 1st Division, won the League Cup in 1991, finished 3rd in the 1st Division in 1992 and runners up in the FA Cup and League Cup Finals in 1993.

Mark Crossley said about Brian Clough that he very quickly made his mind up on players. I think he mentioned Fashanu as well.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Peter Taylor was the genius when it came to finding players for Cloughie. I think he relied on Ronnie Fenton in later years.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:29 pm

Not lost against Carlisle at the stags for 16 years according to Sweden stags preview.
No pressure, we can say 17 years infront of our home fans next season if it goes wrong.

Going for a 1-1 should of won that result.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:44 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Nah we know the drill with nige... Unchanged.. Same formation.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:48 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

We changed formation in the last game......
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

His dodgy box must've been down :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:04 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

His dodgy box must've been down :D

Nah it was fine... As reliable as ever :D

I meant the usual one up front... But just remembered the forced change for clarke so charsley in.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm

I think he’s on the move to the league below.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:39 pm

Looking at the tweet again and the egg timer symbol I suspect you’re right. I really don’t get it if he does move particularly with Clarke injured. Not sure he would post he was selected 24 hours in advance
Hopefully I’m wrong and he gets his chance.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Another of GC's great signings
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:57 pm

I can see no logic in letting Corey leave the club at this point of the season when we have so many problems at the right of the defence. Additionally there is still some small amount of doubt that the conference will complete their season with Dover refusing to do so and other clubs on the brink. All football below that level is suspended and he can’t go to another league club.

I feel it is more likely he will start tomorrow or there is a personal reason for the post which is unconnected to football.

Personally I would very much welcome Corey starting at right back tomorrow and give himself the chance to force his way into the reckoning.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I can see no logic in letting Corey leave the club at this point of the season when we have so many problems at the right of the defence. Additionally there is still some small amount of doubt that the conference will complete their season with Dover refusing to do so and other clubs on the brink. All football below that level is suspended and he can’t go to another league club.

I feel it is more likely he will start tomorrow or there is a personal reason for the post which is unconnected to football.

Personally I would very much welcome Corey starting at right back tomorrow and give himself the chance to force his way into the reckoning.

I would agree although as I say v unusual to say you will start 24 hours ahead of the game although we have said Clarke won’t.
Anyway we’ll know tomorrow
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:06 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I can see no logic in letting Corey leave the club at this point of the season when we have so many problems at the right of the defence. Additionally there is still some small amount of doubt that the conference will complete their season with Dover refusing to do so and other clubs on the brink. All football below that level is suspended and he can’t go to another league club.

I would agree although as I say v unusual to say you will start 24 hours ahead of the game although we have said Clarke won’t.

I have no argument with that analysis and you wouldn’t expect Mr Clough to be very pleased if he has let the cat out of the bag.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:32 pm

yorkstag wrote:

Probably leaving and not starting because NC thinks hes tommy tank... Along with 7 other GC wonder signings on the books.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:40 am

If O'Keeffe does start it will be his first game since the cup match against Cheltenham on 10th January. Before this he had a small number of late cameos in games.

Since Clough took over he's featured in 8 games. Had 2 starts and 6 very late cameos (around 5 minutes before the final whistle).

If he starts he's highly likely to be a bit "rusty"
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 am

The signing and treatment of O'Keefe is almost identical to that of Paul Black. Remember him?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bl ... footballer)

I remember he came on in our 7.1 away win over St.Albans in the FA cup.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:12 am

To anyone who doesn’t already, I’d really recommend downloading the EFL Rewards app. I’ve just won another free iFollow streaming pass, that’s about 6/7 for the season and the third in a month. I’m guessing they may have a surplus to give away, as it can’t be that I’m just getting very lucky.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:14 am

MTFCMusings wrote:To anyone who doesn’t already, I’d really recommend downloading the EFL Rewards app. I’ve just won another free iFollow streaming pass, that’s about 6/7 for the season and the third in a month. I’m guessing they may have a surplus to give away, as it can’t be that I’m just getting very lucky.

I've played it every time there's a game on and I've won absolutely nothing and I've been doing it since September :lol:

edit - just span for tonight, nothing again.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum