{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ellison

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ellison

Postby sw19stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Fantastic player, fantastic club man.
Wish he'd have been playing for us for the last ten years,
instead of the countless number of gutless losers we've signed.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Moanalot stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Very true, some players we’ve signed weren’t good enough to lace his boots.
Moanalot stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:54 pm

The love in for Ellison makes me smile. Just imagine the anger on here if Ollie Palmer had done that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Uncle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:The love in for Ellison makes me smile. Just imagine the anger on here if Ollie Palmer had done that.

Why would Ollie Palmer react like that? He was never disrespected in such a way by the manager and, as far as I can remember, the only goals he ever scores are against Mansfield so has therefore had ample opportunities to "do that".
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 am

Uncle wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:The love in for Ellison makes me smile. Just imagine the anger on here if Ollie Palmer had done that.

Why would Ollie Palmer react like that? He was never disrespected in such a way by the manager and, as far as I can remember, the only goals he ever scores are against Mansfield so has therefore had ample opportunities to "do that".
In doing what he did, Ellison disrespected not only the manager but the club that employed him for many years. He showed no class whatsoever. In fact what he did could have caused a serious incident if the manager and those on the sideline reacted. The players with a bit of class don't even celebrate when they score against a former club, that they have been with for a decent length of time.
I remember the reaction of some fans when Adam Smith celebrated a goal in the FA cup for Lincoln against us. I wonder if Ellison would have done the same, if the stadium had fans in ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Uncle » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:35 am

".[/quote] In doing what he did, Ellison disrespected not only the manager but the club that employed him for many years. He showed no class whatsoever. In fact what he did could have caused a serious incident if the manager and those on the sideline reacted. The players with a bit of class don't even celebrate when they score against a former club, that they have been with for a decent length of time.
I remember the reaction of some fans when Adam Smith celebrated a goal in the FA cup for Lincoln against us. I wonder if Ellison would have done the same, if the stadium had fans in ?[/quote]

So Ellison disrespected the manager? As Rambo would say "Who drew first blood?" You reap what you sew.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:32 am

I'm not saying what Adams did was correct, however two wrongs don't make a right .
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:16 am

Uncle wrote:".
In doing what he did, Ellison disrespected not only the manager but the club that employed him for many years. He showed no class whatsoever. In fact what he did could have caused a serious incident if the manager and those on the sideline reacted. The players with a bit of class don't even celebrate when they score against a former club, that they have been with for a decent length of time.
I remember the reaction of some fans when Adam Smith celebrated a goal in the FA cup for Lincoln against us. I wonder if Ellison would have done the same, if the stadium had fans in ?[/quote]

So Ellison disrespected the manager? As Rambo would say "Who drew first blood?" You reap what you sew.[/quote]Personally I would prefer players to celebrate goals, in a respectful manner of course, irrespective of who they score against. If we had an ex Chesterfield player score a goal for us against them then I would expect them to celebrate it. Stanty got an hat-trick for Bury against us a few years after he had left and celebrated with cart wheels. Did he go down in my estimation after doing such a thing.... no, in fact the opposite, I admired him more for keeping joy in the game and not throttling emotion. Lampard scored against Chelsea at the end of his career and looked like his granny had just died.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:24 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Uncle wrote:

I remember the reaction of some fans when Adam Smith celebrated a goal in the FA cup for Lincoln against us. I wonder if Ellison would have done the same, if the stadium had fans in ?

Andy if you look on Twitter you’ll see that nearly every Morecambe fan back his celebration because of how he was treated. Had fans been in I still think he’d have done it because he was so angry and upset to be discarded and treated the way he was. I’m sure we’ve all had a manager or boss we couldn’t stand.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:01 am

As a player Ellison was a good pro, knew all the tricks and used them to best advantage.

If he had a message for Adams, a manger who constantly whinges when losing, then he certainly delivered it.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:27 am

Anybody know what he actually said to Adams or should I have said shouted.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:44 am

The dark arts, shithousery, grudges and feuds are all part of the football pantomime. The fans love to boo the panto villains; and managers and players love to celebrate in front of opposition fans who have been giving them some stick. It's all part of the entertainment and keeps us watching the football soap opera.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:04 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Uncle wrote:

Sorry my man but your logic here is absolute toilet. Ellison had a very personal gripe against just one man, nothing against the club he was blatantly loyal to for so long and left very much not on his own terms.

Smith ran behind the advertising boards and gave it the big one at any and every fan just for the wind up, I don't think that most even remembered him being a stag, much less any particular personal vendetta, which I also don't even think he had. He was just being a jebend.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:15 am

It’s interesting looking at Ellison’s tweets just how much support he’s received from players in the game as well as those who were also treated the same way.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:22 am

yorkstag wrote:Its not about snowflakes more about maturity.

If Ellison had for example missed a penalty and Adams had said something similar he would have been fined and probably banned.

You know what, I'm not really that bothered - more concerned about Tuesday

I agree. I have a massive dislike for the term "snowflake", it's too quick and easy a retort for any issue. I'd argue Ellison's reaction was one you might accuse a 'snowflake' of showing, whereas the more honorable, considered and old fashioned approach would have been to have scored the goal and taken the satisfaction from that. Still, each to the own and in the heat of the moment, I've no idea what I'd have done either...
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:53 am

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I'm not saying what Adams did was correct, however two wrongs don't make a right .

I agree with Andy ,complete lack of class .
The manager is proving he is correct,he is working miracles and getting the club in a good position .IMO
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:29 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Uncle wrote:

Sorry my man but your logic here is absolute toilet. Ellison had a very personal gripe against just one man, nothing against the club he was blatantly loyal to for so long and left very much not on his own terms.

Smith ran behind the advertising boards and gave it the big one at any and every fan just for the wind up, I don't think that most even remembered him being a stag, much less any particular personal vendetta, which I also don't even think he had. He was just being a jebend.

Exactly. Both actions unbecoming of a professional footballer. Both actions which could have lead to escalation. Both actions selfish.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Dan wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3fterm=Snowflake&amp=true.

yep the definition exactly explains why it's a term I don't like. It's too easy to refer to someone as one without any understanding as to why. Call me a Snowflake snowflake!
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Just listened to the two old codgers who commentate on Morecambe games. They predicted he would score and they were not surprised by Kevin Ellison's reaction.

A Morecambe fan contacts them to ask why did Ellison react that way. They point out Kevin Ellison was frozen out by Derek Adams after he came in. This was after Kevin Ellison dropped himself to act as caretaker manager for one game. Derek Adams watched Kevin Ellison in training and then did not speak to him again. They also point out that Derek Adams took it well and smirked afterwards at his assistant manager.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:01 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Just listened to the two old codgers who commentate on Morecambe games. They predicted he would score and they were not surprised by Kevin Ellison's reaction.

A Morecambe fan contacts them to ask why did Ellison react that why. They point out Kevin Ellison was frozen out by Derek Adams after he came in. This was after Kevin Ellison dropped himself to act as caretaker manager for one game. Derek Adams watched Kevin Ellison in training and then did not speak to him again. They also point out that Derek Adams took it well and smirked afterwards at his assistant manager.

I think that nicely demonstrates exactly why he did it. If their own fans don’t know the background then the majority of other fans wouldn’t have a scooby. He was simply airing a justifiable grievance against a man who could easily have ended the player’s career under a cloud which he didn’t deserve having given years of dedication to his club. At Ellison’s age he was very fortunate that another league club wanted his services. Imagine the reaction on here if the same happened to one of our club legends.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Just listened to the two old codgers who commentate on Morecambe games. They predicted he would score and they were not surprised by Kevin Ellison's reaction.

A Morecambe fan contacts them to ask why did Ellison react that why. They point out Kevin Ellison was frozen out by Derek Adams after he came in. This was after Kevin Ellison dropped himself to act as caretaker manager for one game. Derek Adams watched Kevin Ellison in training and then did not speak to him again. They also point out that Derek Adams took it well and smirked afterwards at his assistant manager.

I think that nicely demonstrates exactly why he did it. If their own fans don’t know the background then the majority of other fans wouldn’t have a scooby. He was simply airing a justifiable grievance against a man who could easily have ended the player’s career under a cloud which he didn’t deserve having given years of dedication to his club. At Ellison’s age he was very fortunate that another league club wanted his services. Imagine the reaction on here if the same happened to one of our club legends.

I guess it will leave a bitter taste for Morecambe fans in what's otherwise been a season to surpass their expectation massively. On the one hand DA is achieving a miracle, on the other he's upset their legend. Knowing how fickle some fans can be, I don't think it'll be clear cut...
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:26 pm

He was Undr The Cosh podcast if anyone wants to hear his thoughts on his career.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:57 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Anyone else seen the behaviour of this shameful waster yesterday ?

I have always disliked him but his post goal celebration was disgusting. The Morecambe manager should have put him on his arse

"shameful waster", "disgusting"... :lol: :lol: More of a reaction from you than Adams!

Its league two, it was funny, partly deserved and Adams laughed it off....it doesn't affect you in the slightest, but good job making a pointless thread :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum