{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oliver Sarkic

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags sign Oliver Sarkic on loan from Blackpool

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:25 pm

Norman wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Norman wrote:He’s played 112 professional games and scored 13 goals !

The new signing fails the Norman test within a couple of minutes. That must be a new record for Norm. :lol:

We’re have I said that , just stating his goal scoring record fgs!

The exclamation mark suggests otherwise. Well I'm quite happy with this comment, it means the lad is now likely to be dynamite.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sheffieldstag » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:25 pm

Greenacre wasnt prolific when he joined us. See how he turned out. Give the chap a chance, he may turn out to be a cracking signing.
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:26 pm

I’d rather we buy what we can afford than overstretch ourselves. We’re lucky to be signing anyone with no/little income
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:26 pm

Sheffieldstag wrote:Greenacre wasnt prolific when he joined us. See how he turned out. Give the chap a chance, he may turn out to be a cracking signing.

Neither was Greenie
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:27 pm

Maynard gone. Newport
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:28 pm

A Montenegrin international who has played for Anderlecht and Benfica's youth teams and who was born in..................Grimsby :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:30 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A Montenegrin international who has played for Anderlecht and Benfica's youth teams and who was born in..................Grimsby :lol:

I saw that and had a good chuckle.

To be fair, who would admit to being from Grimsby?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:37 pm

Sarkic is a talent good ball control with both feet, but i feel he lacks aggression, i cannot see him coming in to replace anyone but to add cover, we will lose the aerial threat of cook, but gain on the dribbling taking the man on and ball control that Sarkic has, Clough knows him and must feel he can do a job.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Seems to me the usual suspects have got there hopes up on pure fantasised rumours and been left underwhelmed again through no fault but there own.

Chin up ungrateful baby’s haha.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Re: Stags sign Oliver (Oli) Sarkic on loan from Blackpool

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 pm

Interesting write up from 6 months ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co ... nited/amp/

When asked about this explosion in output, Sarkic is quick to praise the chances that he got under Nigel Clough at Burton, calling him “an incredible coach” and one that “put me back in the saddle.”
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:56 pm

And another from Oct 2019.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derb ... 411782.amp

Some nice praise from Clough and his team mates.

Maybe we have a little gem on our hands here....
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:59 pm

Just been told that his Mum is an EU journalist and his Dad is a former Montenegrin Diplomat. Not sure how they ended up in Grimsby. :lol:

He also has a twin brother who is a 6 foot 5 goalkeeper at Wolverhampton Wanderers who is on loan at Shrewsbury Town. I think we signed the wrong young Wolves keeper. :)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:02 am

Not what we expected as we thought Akins but Nigel is the boss and in him I trust
Welcome lad
Maynard was all dried up here I think so not sure he was much of an asset and would be one of the bigger earners.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Stag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:05 am

Let’s hope Oli has a good start to his Stags career, and then does the business for us for the remainder of the season. It’s a good opportunity for both parties.

I’m not surprised or disappointed at Maynard’s departure, a little disappointed to see Cook go, but we have a manager I believe in so we kick on and enjoy the remainder of the season.

Let’s not forget how difficult it was for us a few months ago. Things look a lot brighter now!
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Stags sign Oliver (Ollie) Sarkic on loan from Blackpool

Postby Bros » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:53 am

I seem to recall that we signed a winger on loan in 2011 who didn't have a particularly good goal scoring record but he did alright for us. What was his name - oh yes Matt Greene
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 am

Got to say that shifting Cook and Maynard out and not replacing the at least numerically is disappointing. Good luck to the new signing and I hope he goes well but there’s more than a whiff of budget trimming IMO. My thoughts are that the owner thinks we are safe and is corralling funds for next season.
Last edited by bellwhiff on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:06 am

I don’t think we have had a player with IC on the end of his name before . They are always good players in the premiership .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:43 am

A common theme, of the resurgence this season, is trusting in the judgement of Clough. He may have the appearance of a ten year old stood on the doorstep, ball under his arm asking if your son is coming out to play but his knowledge and ability to get the best out of players is really bearing fruit. So shall we just trust Clough on this one and give the lad a chance?

‘Our Nigel’ has worked wonders with players that the vast majority on here had slated for weeks, do you think that he has an eye for those he can work with and improve? Does he an eye for those he can’t, such as Cook and Maynard? After all if it is minutes they are after and are world beater as some espouse why haven’t they played? Only time will tell the real reasoning for their not playing but for now I will trust ‘The nice young man with a lovely smile’ and look forward to our latest international starting a game.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:43 am

:D Welcome Ollie may your goals be plenty at MTFC .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:17 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:5 goals and 10 assists in the division above, playing under our current manager.

Learned his trade in the academies of some of European football giants.

Not good enough for Mansfield! I truly despair at some of of fans!

Haha. Totally. This post says it all.

If Clough knows him and likes him and what he can.off, it's good enough for me.

Welcome Ollie. Hope your stay here is long and successful.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:19 am

bellwhiff wrote:Got to say that shifting Cook and Maynard out and not replacing the at least numerically is disappointing. Good luck to the new signing and I hope he goes well but there’s more than a whiff of budget trimming IMO. My thoughts are that the owner thinks we are safe and is corralling funds for next season.

I suspect that too. We've possibly shifted a net 8k a week this nindow.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 am

bellwhiff wrote:Got to say that shifting Cook and Maynard out and not replacing the at least numerically is disappointing. Good luck to the new signing and I hope he goes well but there’s more than a whiff of budget trimming IMO. My thoughts are that the owner thinks we are safe and is corralling funds for next season.

Not been the best of windows for me either. I've constantly harped on that Akins will be here. I thought it was done.

The fact they pit the deal sheet in for Ollie at 22.55 shows they went to the wire with Akins and Brayford and it wasn't down to our Chairman that they didn't get done, the funds were there.

I know Burton have to look after themselves but this has left a bit of a sour taste for me. I hope Akins plays in the majority of their games but JFH signed 9 or 10 players and it was him who blocked the move.

Sometimes the right thing to do is let a good club servant leave and if Lucas is now left kicking his heals it's a poor way to treat someone who has given his all in a Brewers shirt.

Not sure we'll hear much from Nigel on it as he rarely discusses specific targets we miss out on but expect he'll be very unhappy at how this has played out.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:38 am

broomo wrote:

Not been the best of windows for me either. I've constantly harped on that Akins will be here. I thought it was done.

The fact they pit the deal sheet in for Ollie at 22.55 shows they went to the wire with Akins and Brayford and it wasn't down to our Chairman that they didn't get done, the funds were there.

I know Burton have to look after themselves but this has left a bit of a sour taste for me. I hope Akins plays in the majority of their games but JFH signed 9 or 10 players and it was him who blocked the move.

Sometimes the right thing to do is let a good club servant leave and if Lucas is now left kicking his heals it's a poor way to treat someone who has given his all in a Brewers shirt.

Not sure we'll hear much from Nigel on it as he rarely discusses specific targets we miss out on but expect he'll be very unhappy at how this has played out.

But we have a poster who’s said he’s signed and it will be announced later

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 am

why do numbers matter... Maynard has done nothing all season, what good is it having an extra player on the books taking up a wage if they're of no use?

We won't go down this year and its a good chance to have a look at this lad, save money and prepare for next season.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:45 am

Sedgwick wrote:

why do numbers matter... Maynard has done nothing all season, what good is it having an extra player on the books taking up a wage if they're of no use?

We won't go down this year and its a good chance to have a look at this lad, save money and prepare for next season.

Because injuries.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum