{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List 2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:14 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.

He was temporarily banned for behaving like a strawberry.

He's back to his old self.

Cheerio.

I think we've lost Broomo for good this time and I lay the blame 100% with the moderators for continuing to allow Belwhiff to post on the forum. He contributes absolutely nothing to any discussion and thinks he's pretty clever by insulting people with a made up word that no one recognises. Keep it up moderators and you'll soon have a forum with no participants.

Hes not died or owt ,if he chooses not to post its his choice ,he liked to have the odd dig at belly ,so if he goes adios ,if he posts again ok no drama
Got to say I liked his posts. He brought something different and refreshing to the board. I for one will miss his posts.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:28 pm

broomo will be back reflecting on martins request he is taking time out, from bellwhiff and torystag who find respect for anyone difficult.
in the meantime being articulate he will be looking into the history of being a proper stag .
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Excuse me i respect most on here ,i crossed swords with him once ,hardly a serial abuser ,
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:04 pm

Respect no comment
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:28 pm

bear 73 wrote:broomo will be back reflecting on martins request he is taking time out, from bellwhiff and torystag who find respect for anyone difficult.
in the meantime being articulate he will be looking into the history of being a proper stag .

Hang on. I asked a reasonable question about transfer policy that he took personally like any criticism of the manager, implied or real. Then he accused me of gaslighting.

So maybe get your facts straight. Why are you even continuing this ? Martin asked for it to stop and I respected that but I will defend myself. Next step is up to you
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:47 pm

To be fair your posts are targeted. Why cant you just keep on topic.

I found Broomo's posts very interesting compared to your bile.

Stop apologising and then continuing to do the same.

Ultimately its up to the mods but I find your posts tiresome
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Torrystag wrote:Excuse me i respect most on here ,i crossed swords with him once ,hardly a serial abuser ,

It may not have been your intention, but your posts could be construed that you were siding with bellwhiff or possibly ganging up on Broomo.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:55 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Torrystag wrote:Excuse me i respect most on here ,i crossed swords with him once ,hardly a serial abuser ,

It may not have been your intention, but your posts could be construed that you were siding with bellwhiff or possibly ganging up on Broomo.

Andy i am certainly siding with belly ,whatever you think hes a stags fan ,no slight intended ,he can be controversial a bit irritating ,but hes been on here for years if you want a sanitized forum ,which i certainly dont ,hes a bugger ,but i genuinely love all the abstract views of our fans it makes it probably one of the best fans forums for us all ,anyway enough chit chat got to get the i fallover site up and running ,btw 3 1 to us tonight :D
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 pm

yorkstag wrote:To be fair your posts are targeted. Why cant you just keep on topic.

I found Broomo's posts very interesting compared to your bile.

Stop apologising and then continuing to do the same.

Ultimately its up to the mods but I find your posts tiresome

Your opinion of me is moot. My post about Burton players had zero to do with Broomo. Absolutely zero. It was a genuine point that we hopefully are casting our net further than that club. There was no bile in my question. I wasn’t the one accusing the other of gaslighting but it’s all my fault.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:17 pm

bear 73 wrote:Respect no comment

Nuff said
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Torrystag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:58 pm

bear 73 wrote:broomo will be back reflecting on martins request he is taking time out, from bellwhiff and torystag who find respect for anyone difficult.

Well if he needs any help ,he could ask some of us who were there when we beat west ham 30 or when we won the 3rd division at wrexham or when we played leeds in the fa cup in the early 70s or man city in the league cup with 8000 travelling stags ,or even moseley away in the cup to see davie caldwell score a wonder goal or wigan away in their non league days funny i never had to learn this its been a big part of my life ,mebbe i should writeva book about it
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby diablo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:39 am

Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:bellwhiff and broomo. That's enough please. If you can't post without commenting on each other, insulting each other, or sniping at each other, then please ignore each other's posts. Thank you.

Cheerio.

I think we've lost Broomo for good this time and I lay the blame 100% with the moderators for continuing to allow Belwhiff to post on the forum. He contributes absolutely nothing to any discussion and thinks he's pretty clever by insulting people with a made up word that no one recognises. Keep it up moderators and you'll soon have a forum with no participants.

I think the Moderators do an excellent job and having to try to find a balance between allowing freedom of speech and disallowing unsavory comments is not easy . This is one of the best supporters boards I have ever been on and it will continue for a long time. Reading Bellwhiff's post re: signing Burton FC players was quite valid and Broomo's response was clearly opening the door for further discussion. They obviously appear to dislike each other . so what ? not everyone here likes everyone here ,its a Forum and its about Mansfield Town FC not an individuals personal banter with another member
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:10 am

diablo wrote:
Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Cheerio.

I think the Moderators do an excellent job and having to try to find a balance between allowing freedom of speech and disallowing unsavory comments is not easy . This is one of the best supporters boards I have ever been on and it will continue for a long time. Reading Bellwhiff's post re: signing Burton FC players was quite valid and Broomo's response was clearly opening the door for further discussion. They obviously appear to dislike each other . so what ? not everyone here likes everyone here ,its a Forum and its about Mansfield Town FC not an individuals personal banter with another member

Thank you
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:23 am

diablo wrote:
Uncle wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Cheerio.

I completely agree that the moderators do a very good job ,who wants a completely sanitized board ,not me and i tend to form an opinion of posters by their posts ,ive never met any of them but i have formed my views about them ,its what makes it such a good forum
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 pm

Torrystag wrote:

Well if he needs any help ,he could ask some of us who were there when we beat west ham 30 or when we won the 3rd division at wrexham or when we played leeds in the fa cup in the early 70s or man city in the league cup with 8000 travelling stags ,or even moseley away in the cup to see davie caldwell score a wonder goal or wigan away in their non league days funny i never had to learn this its been a big part of my life ,mebbe i should writeva book about it

For anyone to form a opinion on any poster is out of order, this is what you dont get,, we are interested in your views about football related matters, and if anyone supporting Mansfield Town have to be committed since non league days, then the future of this club is to remain ,stag nent, The aim of all football clubs is to increase its fan base, there is no need to build a new stand, or hotel, improve the infrastructure, and spend money on a match day experience, planning for the future if only for in your words a proper stag.
History dictates that Mansfield town got the nick name the stags after the small deer found in the local Sherwood forest around the 1920s, not because you saw them beating wrexham in 1976, so your silly idea of being a stagi is pure rubbish, and you writing a book is just another personnel dig at a fellow poster.
Martin while doing a tremendous amount of work on behalf of the club, and is a credit to the club, and it shows when he thanks all the ifollow customers .
Trying to ignore sarcastic comments by a few, what a challenge proper stag my ----
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Excuse me you used the term proper stag not me,you said he would learn how to be a proper stag not me you quoted me as being abusive ,just cool your heels owd boy my sarky remark was aimed at the poster who said all of the above simples,as for forming an opinion on other posters being ridiculous ,you have just destroyed your own argument ,dont like it sorry
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Andy i am certainly siding with belly ,whatever you think hes a stags fan ,no slight intended ,he can be controversial a bit irritating ,but hes been on here for years if you want a sanitized forum ,which i certainly dont ,hes a bugger ,but i genuinely love all the abstract views of our fans it makes it probably one of the best fans forums for us all ,anyway enough chit chat got to get the i fallover site up and running ,btw 3 1 to us tonight :D

You could be possibly be ganging up on broomo, i certainly am siding with belly, He is a stags fan,, ,no, no i expect all who post on here are stag fans, unless visitors to the forum.
and in your match by match analyse you gave incite to what it takes, total bias and rubbish, being controversial and irritating, seems to tick your box
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Seems a bit obscure but hey ho here we go ganging up on broomo ,no i just decide which posts i like or dislike ,siding with belly ,deffo a yes ,regarding al who post on here being stags fans ,most are ,i dont do match analysis ,being controversial am i .i just stick by my views ,believe me i got more abuse on here for my loyalty to coughlan than most get ,but its only an opinion
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:39 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

You could be possibly be ganging up on broomo, i certainly am siding with belly, He is a stags fan,, ,no, no i expect all who post on here are stag fans, unless visitors to the forum.
and in your match by match analyse you gave incite to what it takes, total bias and rubbish, being controversial and irritating, seems to tick your box

Bye
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Opus » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Is there a chance that this forum will implode and destroy itself
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:41 pm

Opus wrote:Is there a chance that this forum will implode and destroy itself

Self combustion :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:28 am

Opus wrote:Is there a chance that this forum will implode and destroy itself
I think there is a chance that this forum will increasingly become a slanging match. Which in itself will destroy it.
Yorkstag was a valued contributor to this board. I hope he continues to post.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:28 am

I think a line should be drawn on this thread, it's not adding to debate but encouraging accusations and counter accusations.

It's getting like Twitter and Facebook?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:33 am

Why don’t we just have a bickering thread? Or a forum sub section called ‘the pub car park’, to sort out any differences.

It might break the three word thread record :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Why don’t we just have a bickering thread? Or a forum sub section called ‘the pub car park’, to sort out any differences.

It might break the three word thread record :lol:

Isn't that what PMs are for, internet punch ups?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum