{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cheltenham scorethread sponsored by lets go for the win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cheltenham scorethread sponsored by lets go for the win

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:04 pm

:) Paulstag where are you it is fred day ,still celebrating i guess ,well done chap beating top of the league ;) :clap:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Torrystag wrote:On their forum ,moaning about the pitch covers being on the side of the pitch ,they really are not that good a team imo
Oh Torrystag don't devalue our great victory. Cheltenham are world beaters. :coys: :D

They may be top ,but my god i wouldn,t want to watch them on a weekly basis ,we made them look poor by the way we played ,interesting that clough mentioned it was down to gary crosby that we set out our plan to play with three up top ,couldn,t see many of our former gaffers being so honest ,pure class

Because Nige is a 'proper manager' in every sense. The best managers never stop learning. The best managers should listen to their staff and be willing to try new ideas. "It's good to talk'.
Blinkered managers like GC don't last long.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:16 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Paulstag where are you it is fred day ,still celebrating i guess ,well done chap beating top of the league ;) :clap:

Paulstag is one of our better threaders and inspired us to our first win of t'season and had a half decent run to follow. He should apply to join the fredder's Union.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Excellent performance from Stags especially Rawson, Quinn, Bowery and Law. Please don't come back, 'liability' Sweeney!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:53 pm

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Paulstag where are you it is fred day ,still celebrating i guess ,well done chap beating top of the league ;) :clap:

Paulstag is one of our better threaders and inspired us to our first win of t'season and had a half decent run to follow. He should apply to join the fredder's Union.[/quote

Best thirty quid he will ever spend, you SFL and myself. Sorted
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:23 pm

We looked much better playing out from the back with Perch at centre back. I think Ryan Sweeney may be worried for his future if Perch is planning to play on next season, he certainly looks fit enough.

I think Sweeney will still have plenty of suitors elsewhere.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:We looked much better playing out from the back with Perch at centre back. I think Ryan Sweeney may be worried for his future if Perch is planning to play on next season, he certainly looks fit enough.

I think Sweeney will still have plenty of suitors elsewhere.

I think regardless of whether or not Perch plays on or not, Sweeney is probably going to head out. I think his contract is up in the summer and Clough will fancy his chances of replacing him with somebody better, and with plenty of work to do in the summer and the aim of building a squad good enough to get us in to the top 7 next year he will want at least one his ‘own’ CB’s in the 11.

Personally, I’d probably like to see 2 new CB’s in the XI next season, though wouldn’t be overly surprised to see Rawson hang on.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Torrystag wrote:On their forum ,moaning about the pitch covers being on the side of the pitch ,they really are not that good a team imo
Oh Torrystag don't devalue our great victory. Cheltenham are world beaters. :coys: :D

They may be top ,but my god i wouldn,t want to watch them on a weekly basis ,we made them look poor by the way we played ,interesting that clough mentioned it was down to gary crosby that we set out our plan to play with three up top ,couldn,t see many of our former gaffers being so honest ,pure class

Because Nige is a 'proper manager' in every sense. The best managers never stop learning. The best managers should listen to their staff and be willing to try new ideas. "It's good to talk'.

Same as fans ,they say some on here were apparently giving up after conceding last nigh :lol: some of us predicted a win :D
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:01 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Same as fans ,they say some on here were apparently giving up after conceding last nigh :lol: some of us predicted a win :D

If it was up to you spanish you'd still be kissing pics of GC as he took us down. Listen to his interview, he said what many of thought the moment we conceded.

Bravo for sticking with it you deserve a big shiny medal and a hearty :clap: :clap: Well done :roll:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Awwwww thanks
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Having had 24 hours to reflect I have to say it was a pleasure to watch last night. I think the frustrating bit is that this group of players is capable of such extreme highs and lows within a few days.

Interesting to see the change of formation - although from recollection didn't we play a diamond with Perch at centre half at Sunderland?

It really is a pleasure to watch Jason Law - I really hope he makes a career as he's obviously been patient. He is 21 and I suppose it opens the debate about what is a ' youngster' . I hope we can get to a position of safety and see some of the other young talent coming through before the end of the season.

And have to say NC is definitely the right man for the job - I really enjoy his press conferences. I'm sure when we get back we can show him how good our support can be both home and away.
Onto Saturday
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:00 pm

yorkstag wrote:Having had 24 hours to reflect I have to say it was a pleasure to watch last night. I think the frustrating bit is that this group of players is capable of such extreme highs and lows within a few days.

Interesting to see the change of formation - although from recollection didn't we play a diamond with Perch at centre half at Sunderland?

It really is a pleasure to watch Jason Law - I really hope he makes a career as he's obviously been patient. He is 21 and I suppose it opens the debate about what is a ' youngster' . I hope we can get to a position of safety and see some of the other young talent coming through before the end of the season.

And have to say NC is definitely the right man for the job - I really enjoy his press conferences. I'm sure when we get back we can show him how good our support can be both home and away.
Onto Saturday

We did and vs Walsall at home, both of Coopers games.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:05 pm

grufti wrote:It was a foul throw, feet over the line, but nobody bothers these days

meant to respond to this last night. I thought the foot needed to be behind the line, probably like you, but it seems any part of the foot touching the line including the heel is ok
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:23 pm

yorkstag wrote:
grufti wrote:It was a foul throw, feet over the line, but nobody bothers these days

meant to respond to this last night. I thought the foot needed to be behind the line, probably like you, but it seems any part of the foot touching the line including the heel is ok

No the foot only has to be touching the line.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:22 pm

xG - 2.5 v 1.9
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:xG - 2.5 v 1.9

I think that is the fourth best xG score of the season:

Our best attacking performances of the season were:
Port Vale(H) 3.4 xG
Crawley Town(H) 2.8
Oldham Athletic(A) 2.6
Salford City(H) 2.4
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:xG - 2.5 v 1.9

I think that is the fourth best xG score of the season:

Our best attacking performances of the season were:
Port Vale(H) 3.4 xG
Crawley Town(H) 2.8
Oldham Athletic(A) 2.6
Salford City(H) 2.4

Our second best if you exclude penalties.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:00 pm

yorkstag wrote:

All of the foot over all of the line. If part touches it’s a perfectly good throw.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum