{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wanderer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Trotters scorefred MATCH POSTPONED

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:55 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
StagsForLIFE wrote:Mez at it yet again, i forgot Mansfield is different to the rest of the country where it is bahamas like conditions.

Really starting to become a trend this

I'm not trying to slandering for any other reason other than the fact he went Billy big raspberrys about not having a game called off in like 7 years. The guy is resting on his laurels

This is ridiculous - you don't know the circumstances. Get a grip man.

Quite, knives have to be out for someone. Shoot first ask questions later policy.

I blame Conrad Logan!!!! Or have we stopped blaming him for everything, ever and have we moved on to someone new? If so who is it???
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Arnolds Rod » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Gives our two best players, Clarke and Perch, a little bit more recovery time.
Arnolds Rod
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:58 pm

Sneag wrote:Forecast 4-5° today with rain from now till 7pm.

Surprised at this one TBH.

You have to take any lying snow on the covers (assuming they were on ) into account thats frozen onto t'covers.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:59 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
StagsForLIFE wrote:Mez at it yet again, i forgot Mansfield is different to the rest of the country where it is bahamas like conditions.

I'm not trying to slandering for any other reason other than the fact he went Billy big raspberrys about not having a game called off in like 7 years. The guy is resting on his laurels

This is ridiculous - you don't know the circumstances. Get a grip man.

Quite, knives have to be out for someone. Shoot first ask questions later policy.

I blame Conrad Logan!!!! Or have we stopped blaming him for everything, ever and have we moved on to someone new? If so who is it???

Well it was Bowery & then Reid, I think the culprits are waiting to find their next target - unless of course they are drowning their sorrows because we are winning and there's nothing to complain about, they must be lonely right now
Last edited by pemill on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:00 pm

Suprised at this but probably a reason as to why.

Just hope were not the only one as from the outside in it looks bad on the club.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Hope it gets rearranged for sooner rather than later. We already have a period coming up in around a months time where we play 4 consecutive Tuesdays and that’s without any further postponements that might occur potentially with Covid. Next Tuesday would be ideal, or tomorrow :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Suprised at this but probably a reason as to why.

Just hope were not the only one as from the outside in it looks bad on the club.

Newport off
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 pm

I've just come back from a walk and in places the ground is still frozen, even if it thawed it would probably water log.

The last thing anyone at the club would have wanted is a postponement, we are in a rich vein of form, Bolton aren't - for me it would have been another 3 points.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:07 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Hope it gets rearranged for sooner rather than later. We already have a period coming up in around a months time where we play 4 consecutive Tuesdays and that’s without any further postponements that might occur potentially with Covid. Next Tuesday would be ideal, or tomorrow :lol:

Clownty and Solihull rearranged their game from Tues to Weds on Mon and also switched venues into t'bargain.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Spiritater wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Hope it gets rearranged for sooner rather than later. We already have a period coming up in around a months time where we play 4 consecutive Tuesdays and that’s without any further postponements that might occur potentially with Covid. Next Tuesday would be ideal, or tomorrow :lol:

Clownty and Solihull rearranged their game from Tues to Weds on Mon and also switched venues into t'bargain.

Could we rearrange and play Bolton tomorrow or does weather so no?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:09 pm

Spiritater wrote:

You’d have thought there would be very few obstacles in the way of a quick turnaround on a rearranged fixture like that should both teams be happy with it. Sure the EFL would find an issue somewhere though
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:14 pm

I'm not trying to slander him for any other reason other than the fact he went Billy big raspberrys about not having a game called off in like 7 years. The guy is resting on his laurels

You might want to wind your neck in a bit and read this...

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/tights-on-nights-at-mansfield-town-fc.html
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:14 pm

I'm not trying to slander him for any other reason other than the fact he went Billy big raspberrys about not having a game called off in like 7 years. The guy is resting on his laurels

Why is this Mez fault exactly?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:17 pm

We've played more games than a lot of clubs, a good time to have one called off, have a rest and let the league around us settle into a more equal position to see where we really stand.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lancer » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:20 pm

Don’t see why it can’t be played tomorrow,
+9 degs. Unless ref / linesman have booked another gig. It could be played behind closed doors if it came to it.....oh hold on :)
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:20 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:We've played more games than a lot of clubs, a good time to have one called off, have a rest and let the league around us settle into a more equal position to see where we really stand.

We had one called off not so long ago :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:23 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:We've played more games than a lot of clubs, a good time to have one called off, have a rest and let the league around us settle into a more equal position to see where we really stand.

We’ll have played 1 game in 17 days.. they’ll certainly be rested!

Agree the league will show a more fair reflection of where we stand after this evening.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:27 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Suprised at this but probably a reason as to why.

A reason? Its cold and the pitch will be frozen in parts, why do you always have to look for some ulterior motive to everything? :lol:

Were a league two club with a raspberries pitch, won't be the only one off can guarantee that, it really doesn't make us look bad, it makes us look like most clubs at this level.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 pm

yorkstag wrote:

I would like to know why we didn't use the frost covers overnight, the forecast was for frost, when do they go on if not on this occasion.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:29 pm

old ram stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

I would like to know why we didn't use the frost covers overnight, the forecast was for frost, when do they go on if not on this occasion.

How do you know they weren't on? They only help to a certain temperature and probably on a dry pitch, not completely stop any frost because they're not heated.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Bloton fans really happy at the news, most were crapping their pants about tonite.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Question for Martin paid ifollow do I get refund ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Trotters scorefred sponsored by The perfect Six

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:36 pm

The One wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:Sod Sky, if able support your club, use ifollow

Nah watch for free on skybet & spend the un-used tenner on a bet instead... Makes much more sense :D

You are to supporting this club what Thatcher was to mining

I wasnt alive back in the dark ages of mining so unfortunately idont get your point.
Why would watching a match for free on a perfectly legal website make me thatcher?
You do talk some bull at times.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:39 pm

The One wrote:Question for Martin paid ifollow do I get refund ?

From the linked article on the official website on previous page :

Supporters who have purchased an iFollow Stags pass to watch the game will automatically be able to watch the re-arranged fixture.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
The One wrote:Question for Martin paid ifollow do I get refund ?

From the linked article on the official website on previous page :

Supporters who have purchased an iFollow Stags pass to watch the game will automatically be able to watch the re-arranged fixture.

Thank you
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum