{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians scorefred POSTPONED sponsoredby We love our Nigel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians scorefred POSTPONED sponsoredby We love our Ni

Postby Beano » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:20 pm

As some peeps have already said, this gives us chance to rest some legs and also get key players back into contention.

Hope all involved at Carlisle have mild symptoms and are soon back to good health.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Beano wrote:As some peeps have already said, this gives us chance to rest some legs and also get key players back into contention.

And allows our new signings to settle in a bit. ;)
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:03 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever been so pleased to see a postponement.

Nine days to rest the squad, get everyone fit and possibly freshen things up with a new face or two. Hopefully we’ll come back raring to go and make a playoff push
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:09 pm

What does " The circumstances surrounding the postponements will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations" mean.

Might we get awarded the win because Carlisle are causing fixture congestion and threatening the league being finished on time?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:What does " The circumstances surrounding the postponements will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations" mean.

Might we get awarded the win because Carlisle are causing fixture congestion and threatening the league being finished on time?

Its standard procedure
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:What does " The circumstances surrounding the postponements will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations" mean.

It means they’ll check carlisle were following the guidelines and its not self inflicted by poor practice and then rearrange. If it is from poor protocols its likely they’ll fine Carlisle like Grimsby were earlier this week. Points deduction very unlikely given how many teams are affected by c-19 issues
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 pm

I think the same wording has been used for every postponement due to Covid.

So far, I think only Grimsby have had a sanction in League Two, and that was a small fine.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/spor ... ch-4880078

We certainly won't get awarded a win.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 pm

You can’t start awarding wins and points for this because teams won’t come clean when they’ve got players with Covid.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:39 am

What are we meant to do on saturday now?... Very selfish :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:24 am

Momentum, can't believe you're all happy it's off!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:42 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:Momentum, can't believe you're all happy it's off!!!

The momentum will still be there the next game, but the players will be fresh and we should have Clarke and Perch back and maybe a couple of new faces
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:43 am

Not sure it's enough time to sort out the pitch. Perhaps they should harvest the parsnips.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:58 am

It will give the two loan signings ( if they happen ) time to settle in.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:05 am

We could have been running on fumes though, we will never know now. We don't know if Clarke or Perch would have been fit, were others carrying knocks etc.

Out of our control in the end, now it gives Nigel time to bring in players without having a game to worry about for a week.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:18 am

agreed with the above, perfect timing to have a break.

the reason i thought we’d lose at oldham wasn’t down to ability or anything like that, i just thought games would catch up with us.

Carlisle won’t enjoy the trip on a tuesday night when it comes round
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:18 am

Are you just trying to be different or do you really believe this short break won't do our team good? Whether we play tomorrow or next week we still have won 4 league games on the bounce so still have momentum, the difference is that next week 2 of our best players will be fit.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:57 am

We had momentum going into the Cheltenham game. They had around the same time off as we will have. Our momentum got us an early goal but their freshness shone through for them. You could tell we were knackered. I'd rather have a week or so off to rest a few "niggles" we may have.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 am

Rob wrote:

Are you just trying to be different or do you really believe this short break won't do our team good? Whether we play tomorrow or next week we still have won 4 league games on the bounce so still have momentum, the difference is that next week 2 of our best players will be fit.

Clough agrees with him.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:05 am

jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:

Clough agrees with him.

Thanks JP, but of course he knows nowt according to all the experts above :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 am

On one hand I am disappointed that the momentum we have built up, confidence gained and the gelling of the players may be interrupted and stutter to restart. And what else can you get up to when there is not a game on a Saturday and the weather is that cold that the jelly freezes in the paddling pool?

On the other hand it gives Our Nigel more chance to work with the players and continue the good work he is doing, players get a rest from the 2 games every 7 days treadmill and more time can be invested in getting the right players in.

So I am of two minds but understand the reality of the situation. So, by posting two differing opinions who will be the first to have a go? The pro-momentum or the no to momentum posters????
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:

Clough agrees with him.

Thanks JP, but of course he knows nowt according to all the experts above :roll:

Thicko PP! Momentum is still ongoing!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm

Seems a long time with out a game, but a break now is ideal it gives time for our squad to bond, injuries to clear up and transfers to be con pleated, also a better reflection on our league position when teams have played their games in hand. Expectations seem to have shifted from safety to a promotion push, lets keep our feet on the ground and keep focused on our goal maintaining league status, with stabilization with growth , their is so much can be achieved by not having expectations leading to disappointment, old but true one game at a time.
What to do on sat, watch and hope results favour us, me listen to a match on radio while gathering data, waiting for any news from stagsnet or the club, and looking forward to posters on here, keeping me entertained and well informed, meanwhile tensions will rise on jan 23rd in 8 days, 2hrs, 42 mins, if we kick of again.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:21 pm

This is our longest break since the season began. We had a week break at the start of of this run (Scunthorpe to Vale) and that didn’t effect performance, improved if anything.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:22 pm

smulls wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:

Clough agrees with him.

Thicko PP! Momentum is still ongoing!

So i take it you're calling Nigel thicko too? :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Whilst Saturday feels the best time to play the league leaders, I don't think we need to worry about any loss in momentum. The Oldham game proved we can take a knock from Cheltenham and still maintain the improvement we've seen lately.

I saw a tweet on a different post from some podcast saying this isn't just a good run of form, it's a different team. I think that is truly the case. We've a different formation, mindset, energy, everything, now. I've every confidence that the break will be a benefit and we'll pick up where we left against Southend. Getting players like Perch and Clarke back too can only be a good thing. Better to have the headache in selection than not.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum