{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Robins scorefred sponsored by Sunday live on the FA Player.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Robins scorefred sponsored by Sunday live on the FA Play

Postby James » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:18 am

Spiritater wrote:Morecambe amaze me in their continual ability to defy the odds.

They’ve got an extremely good manager for this level.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:22 am

James wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Morecambe amaze me in their continual ability to defy the odds.

Yeah, but he is not as good as our Nige.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:36 am

:) COYS

Chelts 1 Super Stags 2 Bowery and Sir Mal Benning

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm

There are matches on FA Player on Saturday at 3pm and 6pm to try out your devices and systems
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:37 pm

James wrote:

at the time I couldn't understand how they had Derek Adams and we had Coughlan... now its ok, we have the best manager in the league.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:12 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Rob wrote:
G B wrote:
Rob wrote:I've not tested it but I see no reason why the FA player would not work on a smart tv via the tv's internet browser.

I initially tried to do this with ifollow but for whatever reason it wouldn't work directly with the smart TV Internet browser. However when I use the app browser on my Amazon firestick , which is connected to the same TV, there are no issues and this is how I have watched games this season.

No idea why this should be or if the FA Player will have the same outcomes but thought it was worth mentioning as another way of potentially viewing the game via the TV if people have Amazon firesticks.

I've watched the last 3 games on my tv via I follow. Though I had some connection issues on Tues, the picture quality has been excellent. Odd that it works on your firestick, which I think uses Android, but not your tv browser. My tv is an LG and about a year old, I wonder if it's to do with the make if tv or age?

Rob - with regards watching on a firestick, is that via the browser or have amazon added the ifollow app to the Amazon store? I haven't checked in ages but I couldn't find the app, and when I tried through the browser it wouldn't play.

I bought a cheap android box which does the trick but I bet the firestick would be better.

quick edit - I think there's only a few true android TVs on the market. Sony do a few and Hi Sense do too. Most other manufacturers have their own app stores, which generally are pretty rubbish in terms of content.

Just had a play. FA Player or iFollow don't work directly from my smart TV browser. It's a Samsung but is 4-5 years old, so I suspect the browser software doesn't support the players directly.

For the firestick I needed to download the Amazon Silk browser app. Logging on from that works for both if anyone wants to give it a try. No FA player app available to download on the firestick based on what I could find.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Thanks G B, going to try fire stick later, might try Xbox too.
I've been holding off renewing my iPad just for the sake of watching games on it.
Got a smart TV in campervan I might bring in to try if those fail.

Think we need a stagsnet librarian to put a sticky up with all possible ways and how to.
I'm sure it's on here somewhere but finding it is difficult sometimes.
While he/she's at it, put the Salford result in the fixtures :) :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:48 pm

I’m guessing our game won’t have VAR tomorrow? How can it be fair that some games do and some don’t?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Really fancy us to go through. The FA cup draw on Monday is a double .4th and 5th rounds drawn
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby eggy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I’m guessing our game won’t have VAR tomorrow? How can it be fair that some games do and some don’t?

Same as the goal-line tech argument a while back, in that some grounds have it and others don't, in the same competition. But with the VAR and daft penalty/handball decisions being made these days it's gonna be like playing to a different set of rules.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:01 pm

I have got the Blackburn game on through my laptop and then a cable to the TV. The programme started at about 2.50 so if you are watching tomorrow don't expect anything to happen too soon. Am I right in thinking that Martin's radio commentary is several seconds behind the live action otherwise I would be listening as well as watching
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby 1951stagsfan » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:17 pm

I watch on tv via Hdmi cable from my laptop. Because of the advertisements on ifollow I turn the sound off on the tv. Then listen to Martin and Deans commentary on my ipad through with my ifollow radio account. Their commentary I have found is slightly in front of the Tv footage. Hope that helps.
1951stagsfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Because its easier to buffer audio than it is video (because of the file size), audio will always be ahead.

Due to it being a live game one thing you can do is load up both. Listen to Martin and watch the video until around kick off. Await the whistle to start the match and then pause the audio. Then start playing it again as soon as the video of the match actually kicks off. It will be close enough in sync for it to not be too much of an issue.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:37 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Because its easier to buffer audio than it is video (because of the file size), audio will always be ahead.

Due to it being a live game one thing you can do is load up both. Listen to Martin and watch the video until around kick off. Await the whistle to start the match and then pause the audio. Then start playing it again as soon as the video of the match actually kicks off. It will be close enough in sync for it to not be too much of an issue.

It’s not a file. It’s a stream.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:27 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Because its easier to buffer audio than it is video (because of the file size), audio will always be ahead.

It’s not a file. It’s a stream.

You still have a buffer. That's why the spinning circle on videos with a weak speed means it's buffering.

A stream is basically a video file being created on the fly. That's why you can skip back 10 seconds a time or select a point in the stream to move back to and watch from. As you watch the stream your Internet connection is already downloading the next however many seconds of the game in the background. The stream still has to be encoded with the same codecs or your browser or app would know what to do with it to play it.

If you watch the next league game pause it for a few minutes and the red "live" button you will see near the play/pause button will change to a blue "go to live" button. This is because your aren't really watching the game live you're a couple of minutes behind.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:52 pm

G B wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Rob wrote:
G B wrote:
Rob wrote:I've not tested it but I see no reason why the FA player would not work on a smart tv via the tv's internet browser.

I initially tried to do this with ifollow but for whatever reason it wouldn't work directly with the smart TV Internet browser. However when I use the app browser on my Amazon firestick , which is connected to the same TV, there are no issues and this is how I have watched games this season.

No idea why this should be or if the FA Player will have the same outcomes but thought it was worth mentioning as another way of potentially viewing the game via the TV if people have Amazon firesticks.

I've watched the last 3 games on my tv via I follow. Though I had some connection issues on Tues, the picture quality has been excellent. Odd that it works on your firestick, which I think uses Android, but not your tv browser. My tv is an LG and about a year old, I wonder if it's to do with the make if tv or age?

Rob - with regards watching on a firestick, is that via the browser or have amazon added the ifollow app to the Amazon store? I haven't checked in ages but I couldn't find the app, and when I tried through the browser it wouldn't play.

I bought a cheap android box which does the trick but I bet the firestick would be better.

quick edit - I think there's only a few true android TVs on the market. Sony do a few and Hi Sense do too. Most other manufacturers have their own app stores, which generally are pretty rubbish in terms of content.

Just had a play. FA Player or iFollow don't work directly from my smart TV browser. It's a Samsung but is 4-5 years old, so I suspect the browser software doesn't support the players directly.

For the firestick I needed to download the Amazon Silk browser app. Logging on from that works for both if anyone wants to give it a try. No FA player app available to download on the firestick based on what I could find.

Just tried the FA Player on my smart TV and it did eventually work but wasn't reliable and kept dropping off. Stuck with it and am watching end of Burnley game. I think I'll stick to the laptop tomorrow.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:03 pm

chip63 wrote:While he/she's at it, put the Salford result in the fixtures :) :D

done
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:06 pm

Bros wrote:Am I right in thinking that Martin's radio commentary is several seconds behind the live action otherwise I would be listening as well as watching

behind the real time action by about 30 seconds.

In front of the separate video stream by a few seconds when both are both independently. Thanks to 1951stagsfan for that info.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Anyone getting issues with the FA Player ? Every time I try to watch a live game, it’ tells me I need to add the player to my account and shows a log in screen. When I enter it it keeps denying access despite it being the same creds that I logged on to the page with. Same on iPhone as iPad. It’s useless.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bros wrote:Am I right in thinking that Martin's radio commentary is several seconds behind the live action otherwise I would be listening as well as watching

behind the real time action by about 30 seconds.

In front of the separate video stream by a few seconds when both are both independently. Thanks to 1951stagsfan for that info.

Thanks Martin. I shall try to listen to you and Dean. It will be great to hear you scream Goal just before Jordan bursts the back of the net
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Anyone getting issues with the FA Player ? Every time I try to watch a live game, it’ tells me I need to add the player to my account and shows a log in screen. When I enter it it keeps denying access despite it being the same creds that I logged on to the page with. Same on iPhone as iPad. It’s useless.

I had the same problem when I registered until I checked my emails. I had to click on a link to confirm my email address was correct and then it just took a couple of minutes for the log in to go live. I’ve not tried it since but expect it to work from here on in.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Watched the Wycombe game using Firefox browser on my amazon firestick. No problems with buffering at all.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:28 pm

I watched the whole of the extra time of the Burnley game on my smart TV with no further issues, I think a bit of patience whilst it connects is all that's needed. In the end it was a great picture, HD quality on a 55" screen so I'll be watching the Stags game this way, but will have the laptop on standby!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Anyone getting issues with the FA Player ? Every time I try to watch a live game, it’ tells me I need to add the player to my account and shows a log in screen. When I enter it it keeps denying access despite it being the same creds that I logged on to the page with. Same on iPhone as iPad. It’s useless.

I had the same problem when I registered until I checked my emails. I had to click on a link to confirm my email address was correct and then it just took a couple of minutes for the log in to go live. I’ve not tried it since but expect it to work from here on in.

Dome that. Just doesn’t play.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rightback » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 pm

You can stream it on bet365 app
Rightback
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum