{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Robins scorefred sponsored by Sunday live on the FA Player.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Robins scorefred sponsored by Sunday live on the FA Play

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:38 pm

Dan wrote:And you could also chuck a few grand in on a signing on fee if it’s spare. That could determine whether or not a player signs.

Signing on fees are included in the salary cap.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Rob wrote:I've not tested it but I see no reason why the FA player would not work on a smart tv via the tv's internet browser.

The good thing is that as the matches are free to watch and there are some on there on Saturday afternoon/evening, it gives people the chance to play around with it in advance of our game and resolve any issues before we kick off.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Dan wrote:And you could also chuck a few grand in on a signing on fee if it’s spare. That could determine whether or not a player signs.

Signing on fees are included in the salary cap.

*cough* really?! ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:59 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:I cannot believe in this day and age the FA player sign-up asks if you are male or female without the option for non-binary.

Think the answer is quite obvious really.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:01 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:30 am

Will be a tough game. Cheltenham a very good side, albeit out of form recently.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Obviously a rule change for the bigger clubs, I doubt we are going to name 9 subs in the squad.
Might need a bigger bus and a bigger bench :lol:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Will be a tough game. Cheltenham a very good side, albeit out of form recently.

I think we've already shown we can more than match them, there was nothing in the 0-0 draw
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:I’ve just registered . Not sure what for though . Will I be able to watch on my tv or will I have to use the lead from laptop to tv like I do for iFollow. Last round I flicked around bbc channels till I found the game but I never registered for anything . Is this round different?

yes, this round is different. It is not on TV. Though you can connect your laptop to your TV via an HDMI lead.

it's live on the FA Player
https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/all

You have to register for a free account. There is also an app you can download if watching on tablet or smartphone. Or you can just watch on the website.

It is only available in the UK. If you are outside the UK (or indeed in the UK), then you can listen to commentary on iFollow with me and Dean.

this website lists various overseas broadcasters who it says are broadcasting Cheltenham vs Mansfield in various countries. I cannot vouch that is correct, but if you are overseas, you should be able to verify if it is correct for your country

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3858 ... ield-town/

edit - the list seems to be correct for ESPN:
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:29 pm

Ref is Lee Swaybe
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:32 pm

The One wrote:Ref is Lee Swaybe

Tom Nield. Lee Swabey is 4th official
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Cloughies got them in good form, they'll be up for it I reckon. Bet they can't wait for Sunday. :mtfc:
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Wh_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Will be a tough game. Cheltenham a very good side, albeit out of form recently.

I think we've already shown we can more than match them, there was nothing in the 0-0 draw

True. Since Clough came in and even in most games before that, we’ve been in every game.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Rob wrote:I've not tested it but I see no reason why the FA player would not work on a smart tv via the tv's internet browser.

I initially tried to do this with ifollow but for whatever reason it wouldn't work directly with the smart TV Internet browser. However when I use the app browser on my Amazon firestick , which is connected to the same TV, there are no issues and this is how I have watched games this season.

No idea why this should be or if the FA Player will have the same outcomes but thought it was worth mentioning as another way of potentially viewing the game via the TV if people have Amazon firesticks.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:01 pm

This is the how much we've made from the FA Cup so far, in the scenario where we win on Sunday, and where we lose:

If we win:
The Stags have therefore made £154,500 from the FA Cup run so far (broadcast money: Rd1 £18,000; Rd2 £12,500; Rd 3 £20,000; prize money: Rd1 £16,972; Rd2 £25,500; Rd 3 £61,500).

If we lose:
The Stags have therefore made £113,500 from the FA Cup run (broadcast money: Rd1 £18,000; Rd2 £12,500; Rd 3 £20,000; prize money: Rd1 £16,972; Rd2 £25,500; Rd 3 £20,500).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 am

G B wrote:

I initially tried to do this with ifollow but for whatever reason it wouldn't work directly with the smart TV Internet browser. However when I use the app browser on my Amazon firestick , which is connected to the same TV, there are no issues and this is how I have watched games this season.

No idea why this should be or if the FA Player will have the same outcomes but thought it was worth mentioning as another way of potentially viewing the game via the TV if people have Amazon firesticks.

I've watched the last 3 games on my tv via I follow. Though I had some connection issues on Tues, the picture quality has been excellent. Odd that it works on your firestick, which I think uses Android, but not your tv browser. My tv is an LG and about a year old, I wonder if it's to do with the make if tv or age?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:43 am

Rob wrote:
G B wrote:

I've watched the last 3 games on my tv via I follow. Though I had some connection issues on Tues, the picture quality has been excellent. Odd that it works on your firestick, which I think uses Android, but not your tv browser. My tv is an LG and about a year old, I wonder if it's to do with the make if tv or age?

Rob - with regards watching on a firestick, is that via the browser or have amazon added the ifollow app to the Amazon store? I haven't checked in ages but I couldn't find the app, and when I tried through the browser it wouldn't play.

I bought a cheap android box which does the trick but I bet the firestick would be better.

quick edit - I think there's only a few true android TVs on the market. Sony do a few and Hi Sense do too. Most other manufacturers have their own app stores, which generally are pretty rubbish in terms of content.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:58 pm

I dont like it, looking at cheltenham part of the Cotswolds a club that has spent far less than us, have a smaller attendance figure, and have lost 2, then drawn 2 of their last 4 games.
I look at the Stags and see a good squad, not sure of Stech is 3 clean sheets in 17 games good. So i look at no fans thats a bonus, Downside we need luck no bad ref decisions, Stech to have a good game, i know we will give it a go, Shaking because i feel confident not used to it , used to being the underdog, this is strange territory.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Rob wrote:
G B wrote:

Rob - with regards watching on a firestick, is that via the browser or have amazon added the ifollow app to the Amazon store? I haven't checked in ages but I couldn't find the app, and when I tried through the browser it wouldn't play.

I bought a cheap android box which does the trick but I bet the firestick would be better.

quick edit - I think there's only a few true android TVs on the market. Sony do a few and Hi Sense do too. Most other manufacturers have their own app stores, which generally are pretty rubbish in terms of content.

It's GB that used the firestick, I watch it via the LG web browser on my TV. I'm getting an Android TV soon for our new kitchen/diner so I can watch footy etc whilst the wife watches big fat greek wedding dress or whatever. I think Sharp (not the Sharp on here :lol: ) do a decent one at a good price.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:21 pm

cheers mate
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:This is the how much we've made from the FA Cup so far, in the scenario where we win on Sunday, and where we lose:

If we win:
The Stags have therefore made £154,500 from the FA Cup run so far (broadcast money: Rd1 £18,000; Rd2 £12,500; Rd 3 £20,000; prize money: Rd1 £16,972; Rd2 £25,500; Rd 3 £61,500).

If we lose:
The Stags have therefore made £113,500 from the FA Cup run (broadcast money: Rd1 £18,000; Rd2 £12,500; Rd 3 £20,000; prize money: Rd1 £16,972; Rd2 £25,500; Rd 3 £20,500).

So £41k difference win /lose plus the fact we’d be in the hat for round 4 and more £k for NG’s transfer budget :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:27 pm

It is possible that you could sideload the efl app onto the firestick and run it that way. There's a few apps that aren't on amazon app store that can be used this way.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Cloughies got them in good form, they'll be up for it I reckon. Bet they can't wait for Sunday. :mtfc:

League 2, CURRENT FORM, TOP 3 ;)

POS...................PLD..W..D..L..PTS
1st...Carlisle........12...7...1..4...22
2nd..Morecambe..12...6...3..3...21
3rd...STAGS........12...5...5..2...20

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:30 pm

Morecambe amaze me in their continual ability to defy the odds.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum