{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale scorefred sponsored by Drains R Us

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale scorefred sponsored by Drains R Us

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Was a decent interview by Jordan. Very honest assessment of himself.

The Vale managers voice starts shaking like he might actually cry!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sutton5Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:37 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
jpstags wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Corner taken. Sweeney heads back across goal and Reid heads just wide of the right post.

Jamie Reid wouldn't get in the Stags walking football team.

Just flipping leave it eh. We are in the middle of a game and we are winning. Get a flipping life.

The Reid beating really grates. Hope he doesn’t read these threads, it would shatter what small amount of confidence the young man has!!!

Just like to point out that none of the current Stags team would get into the walking football team. So to single one player out is most unfair.
In fact due to the age rules of walking football the nearest eligible player would be James Perch, who I'm sure as soon as he gets to 45 will be extremely handy!
Sutton5Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:41 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Was a decent interview by Jordan. Very honest assessment of himself.

The Vale managers voice starts shaking like he might actually cry!

Not surprised, he must be fearful for his job. They’re on a terrible run. I think 6pts out of the last 36 available. A worse run that GC’s games this season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:45 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
smulls wrote:Clough win rate is now 40%. (4 wins in 10 games). Keep up the great work, Nigel!

:coys:

40% is horrific according to some.

What's that like compared that to JD's or GC's win rate
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
smulls wrote:Clough win rate is now 40%. (4 wins in 10 games). Keep up the great work, Nigel!

If you added them both together Cloughs would still be better :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

If you added them both together Cloughs would still be better :lol:

And some were questioning cloughies judgement already. I think we're in good hands
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:56 pm

I don't like this league games only raspberrys and I'm even going to "claim" the Sunderland win. Sorry Coops ;-)

For me its 7 wins in 13.

A phenomenal turnaround from a squad who hadn't won so much as a raffle all season.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:59 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Legge sent off. Chopped down lapslie just outside the area after he played the ball forwards to get through on goal.

Leon Legge's second red card of the season. He did the same at Newport County.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:00 pm

You can give Clough some credit for Sunderland, but that’s ultimately Coopers W.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Been noticeable today that Maris has played the holding role whilst Clarke and Lapslie bomb on. Much prefer that set up for attacking.

George Maris played very well today in the holding midfield role.

Whoscored Ratings
Jordan Bowery 10
Ollie Clarke 8.7
George Maris 8.0
Mal Benning 7.9
Ryan Sweeney 7.8
George Lapslie 7.5
Harry Charsley 7.3
Marek Stech 7.2
James Perch 7.1
Jamie Reid 7
Farren Rawson 6.9
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 pm

There is no doubt that Coops smoothed the way for Nigel in that he had already steadied the ship and given the team a bit of confidence. The fact the team was unbeaten in 3 (including Sunderland) must have provided a great platform to push onwards.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:There is no doubt that Coops smoothed the way for Nigel in that he had already steadied the ship and given the team a bit of confidence. The fact the team was unbeaten in 3 (including Sunderland) must have provided a great platform to push onwards.

I agree of course. Listening to how highly a couple of the players spoke about RC's man management was lovely as well.

I'm sure he'll get his chance as out and out number one somewhere and going on the few minutes I listened to him, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him make a success of it.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:14 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Johan wrote:Hat trick for Bowery. Excellent goal.

Lovely goal. In off the post. Finished off a nice attack.

The fourth goal was absolutely brilliant. The best goal we have scored since DF was manager with most of the team involved. Reminded me of the goal we scored against Accrington at home in the League Cup under DF.

Stech-Lapslie-Charsley-Perch-Maris-Rawson-Sweeney-Maris-Clarke-Maris-Perch-Maris-Reid-Clarke-Bowery - GOAL!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 pm

chip63 wrote:XG computer just blown a fuse, I'm so happy :D

xG computer has just told me that the Stags were 9th in the xG table and Port Vale were 15th so the Stags are reverting to the mean by winning a few more games as it predicted may happen :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:54 pm

Just seen the hattrick goal on sky sports, wonderful finish by Bowery, it's amazing what a bit of confidence can do for a centre forward!
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Asking this on behalf of Big Yella, how does that affect expected goals?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will post when available. Will be over 2.5+ I would guess for us.

xG computer says there is still plenty of scope for improvement. I think we are still struggling to catch Barrow :shock: in 8th place but may now only be 2 points off the play offs. :lol:

It also says Cambridge United and Col U are the league's over achievers and so it was not surprised that Cambridge United lost to Stevenage last week.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:01 pm

[quote="lifestags"]I never said he wouldn’t play well Darren, just that he would do a job which he did. My point still stands that O Keefe is more like to like with Gordon then him and it will be interesting to see if Corey is staying. /quote]

Corey O'Keeffe is a very useful player to have in the squad because he can play lots of different positions. I'd rather send O'Driscoll out on loan as we have James Perch and Rollin Menayese who can play centre half. I also think NC might still sign another centre half as he likes a strong defence.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

xG computer has just told me that the Stags were 9th in the xG table and Port Vale were 15th so the Stags are reverting to the mean by winning a few more games as it predicted may happen :lol:

Said they yesterday but The One told me in the real world that Vale were above us all the table. Anyone would think the table doesn’t always tell the full story of how a team is performing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:11 pm

Great performance and result, Bowery man of the match for me, but excellent teamwork.

The ref deserves a mention as well. Kept the match flowing, made a good decision about getting the lines cleared, allowed some firm but fair challenges, not afraid to hand out a second yellow, not scared of awarding a second penalty. Great stuff.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:33 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:wow that’s gotta be the slowest line up i’ve seen for many a year

Benning, Clarke, Charsley, Lapslie and Bowery are not slow Dave

Yorkshire Stag exposed as clueless again.

Who knew ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Said they yesterday but The One told me in the real world that Vale were above us all the table. Anyone would think the table doesn’t always tell the full story of how a team is performing.

You're so right, none of us in the many years we have been watching football could possibly have learned that teams can hit bad form and start moving down the table, until you XG boys told us so.

We never realised that teams can start climbing the table when things change at the club, oh I don't know like changing a manager. Thanks again XG boys.

Please let us all know when the result is in, maybe we can celebrate a home win this season.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

You're so right, none of us in the many years we have been watching football could possibly have learned that teams can hit bad form and start moving down the table, until you XG boys told us so.

We never realised that teams can start climbing the table when things change at the club, oh I don't know like changing a manager. Thanks again XG boys.

Please let us all know when the result is in, maybe we can celebrate a home win this season.

And there he is right on cue. I was starting to get worried about you.

Who’d have thought two letters could trigger someone so much :lol:

None of those two things you’ve mentioned have anything to do with xG btw. You continued to demonstrate your misunderstanding of it.

Most people just say it’s not for them and get on with their day, fair enough. But your vehement, commited protests against it can only be applauded.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:17 pm

Brilliant win today . Excellent team work & a fantastic hat trick for Jordan !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:43 pm

steiner wrote:Great result and performance... And Rangers won too.. Happy days!

Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:54 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Johan wrote:Hat trick for Bowery. Excellent goal.

Lovely goal. In off the post. Finished off a nice attack.

The fourth goal was absolutely brilliant. The best goal we have scored since DF was manager with most of the team involved. Reminded me of the goal we scored against Accrington at home in the League Cup under DF.

Stech-Lapslie-Charsley-Perch-Maris-Rawson-Sweeney-Maris-Clarke-Maris-Perch-Maris-Reid-Clarke-Bowery - GOAL!!

you missed off a Perch at the beginning between Stech and Lapslie! Ten players involved in the move, in fact only Mal Benning wasn’t involved!

For anyone who hasn't seen it, we'll have the full build-up of course tomorrow on the usual club feeds.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum