{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Scunthorpe game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: videos: Scunthorpe game

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:33 pm

Big yella wrote:He hits this 'quality cross' from right on the corner of the box to the six yard box, 12 yards, and misses his target by 2/3 yards. If that is quality then we have the best midfield at The Mill since Gordon Hodgson graced her hallowed turf.

Whatched the goal back at 0.25x speed, How are you 100% certain Bowery was the target? Bowery never jumped for it. Looks a cross to the back stick. Had the defender not got something on it its a tap in for Lapslie.

Gordon has 2 options. Bowery, who has his back to goal and being marked. Lapslie who is running towards goal and goal side of his defender. doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Lapslie passes the ball back to Maris and is about 4 yards from Gordon. Maris plays it to Gordon and immediatly runs towards the back post. Gordon notices and cuts inside and delivers a cross that ends up straight to him.

So what makes you think Bowery was the intended target. Bare in mind if the defender hadn't got a touch on the cross the ball would have landed straight at Lapslie's feet. Lapslie was the target or are you one of those Gordon is crap gang? BTW Gordon and Bowery got into the team of the week as well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum