{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January transfer window news

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January transfer window news

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:27 pm

Chris M wrote:Just noticed that The Chief not in Solihull squad today. Think he had only signed a short contract there. Be interesting to see where he heads next.

From the cup game I watched him in, I would say lower down the pyramid. His jumping was almost non existent and he seems to have slowed almost to a crawl. He was still strong but you need more than that in the modern game.

I can’t see him getting back into the league this year and unless he gets a good run for a reasonable team, I think his league career is probably behind him.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:47 pm

I’d you can’t get a place in the Solihull team then you’re not going to get back into the league I shouldn’t think.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Pretty that he will not be on Nigels radar.It will be very interesting who he gets rid of and who he brings in.Thought everyone played well today against what was a poor side.I would think of todays squad that Reid Charsley Rawson and Maris could be in danger.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:34 pm

I thought Charlsey and Maris did ok
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Totally agree yorkstag players are beginning to get what their manager requires. Players to leave will be squad players and bench warmers not his starting 11.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:06 pm

I might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sinclair fixed up with a loan to get him regular games and if he does, I think next season we'll see a very good player.

When NC sends a player out on loan, he doesn't usually do it 'cos he wants rid, he does it 'cos he sees something in them. If he wants rid he'll either sell or pay them off.

A classic example being Marcus Harness who many Burton fans thought was a waste of space and not strong enough physically to play league football, a couple of loan spells later he was arguably one of the most dangerous attacking players in League One before eventually moving to Pompey for a million.

I think Tyrese has talent but I also think it would be good for him to go and play 20 games elsewhere. Nigel will know when he's ready to start having a major impact on games for us.

It's not now.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:09 pm

broomo wrote:I might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sinclair fixed up with a loan to get him regular games and if he does, I think next season we'll see a very good player.

When NC sends a player out on loan, he doesn't usually do it 'cos he wants rid, he does it 'cos he sees something in them. If he wants rid he'll either sell or pay them off.

A classic example being Marcus Harness who many Burton fans thought was a waste of space and not strong enough physically to play league football, a couple of loan spells later he was arguably one of the most dangerous attacking players in League One before eventually moving to Pompey for a million.

I think Tyrese has talent but I also think it would be good for him to go and play 20 games elsewhere. Nigel will know when he's ready to start having a major impact on games for us.

It's not now.

I think his contract is up at end of season, no doubt his dad will have him fixed up somewhere else.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:24 pm

geoffhill wrote:Pretty that he will not be on Nigels radar.It will be very interesting who he gets rid of and who he brings in.Thought everyone played well today against what was a poor side.I would think of todays squad that Reid Charsley Rawson and Maris could be in danger.

It's the players who didn't start who are more likely to be in danger, I would have thought?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:16 pm

lifestags wrote:I think his contract is up at end of season, no doubt his dad will have him fixed up somewhere else.

His Dad's working for Port Vale.

I would keep Tyrese Sinclair in our squad because he is useful to bring on as a sub and can get you up the pitch and even win a few free kicks or a penalty like today. Just don't let him take any more penalties!

I was surprised Andy Cook did not pull rank and grab the ball to try and score from the penalty. Rob Duffy needs to have a word with him :lol:

It would also have been good if Jamie Reid was still on the pitch to take it. Boost his confidence.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:27 pm

And is also works/worked for a football agent company. I like Sinclair, just not 100 percent his future will be with us.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
lifestags wrote:I think his contract is up at end of season, no doubt his dad will have him fixed up somewhere else.

His Dad's working for Port Vale.

I would keep Tyrese Sinclair in our squad because he is useful to bring on as a sub and can get you up the pitch and even win a few free kicks or a penalty like today. Just don't let him take any more penalties!

I was surprised Andy Cook did not pull rank and grab the ball to try and score from the penalty. Rob Duffy needs to have a word with him :lol:

It would also have been good if Jamie Reid was still on the pitch to take it. Boost his confidence.

Don’t think Andy Cook likes penalties. Pretty sure I remember someone trying to give him a penalty last season and he refused it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:09 pm

He missed a few for Walsall I remember their fans saying things like “don’t give him penalties” when we signed him.

It was the penalty Jimmy Knowles scored he passed up.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Don’t think Andy Cook likes penalties. Pretty sure I remember someone trying to give him a penalty last season and he refused it.

That's a sacking offence for a centre forward :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:30 am

Chris M wrote:Just noticed that The Chief not in Solihull squad today. Think he had only signed a short contract there. Be interesting to see where he heads next.

Clownty maybe? Shirley he's a better option than the player slower at turning than the Titanic... Ben Turner.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 am

Didn't realise Hemmings played for Burton til yesterday, was he a Clough signing for them.
Going to be interesting to find out what type of striker he's looking for, if any.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:23 am

Sinclair scored 2 penalties against Forest a few weeks ago.He needs to be playing regularly Alistair Smith has been a regular at Altrincham.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:37 am

chip63 wrote:Didn't realise Hemmings played for Burton til yesterday, was he a Clough signing for them.
Going to be interesting to find out what type of striker he's looking for, if any.

Looking at the way the team is set up, Hemmings would be good for us. He’s done well in a very poor team in L1. His first touch and link play when he was here before was excellent.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:10 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
chip63 wrote:Didn't realise Hemmings played for Burton til yesterday, was he a Clough signing for them.

Looking at the way the team is set up, Hemmings would be good for us. He’s done well in a very poor team in L1. His first touch and link play when he was here before was excellent.

Ermmm No
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:15 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Ermmm No

Hemmings would be miles better than reid. He wasn't even a bad player for us, just took him a couple chances to find the target
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:17 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Ermmm No

Any reasoning or just a straight no?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:18 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Ermmm No

Hemmings would be miles better than reid. He wasn't even a bad player for us, just took him a couple chances to find the target

Took him a while to get his first goal then once he did he averaged a goal every two games from then on which is excellent. He’s a good player at this level and his link up play is tidy.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:28 am

Here we go!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:39 am

I’ve always liked Kane Hemmings, really intelligent striker, doubt he will come here though, he’s burtons best player and I don’t think Clough signed him.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Here we go!

That would be a quality signing, can’t see burton wanting to let him go though.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:54 am

Akins would be a good signing and add some versatility up top with being able to play central or wide of a front 3.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum