{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Deal or No Deal?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Deal or No Deal?

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:31 pm

lifestags wrote:this might sound daft but its normally not too far off, on FM21 hes on 5300. They used to be accurate on that sort of thing.

FMs all guess work mate. Not official figures direct from the club or players in question.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:17 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
lifestags wrote:this might sound daft but its normally not too far off, on FM21 hes on 5300. They used to be accurate on that sort of thing.

FMs all guess work mate. Not official figures direct from the club or players in question.

He’s on 4000 on FM, I should know :D
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

When you did the research for FM musings did you just have a educated guess to what he might be on or was there more to it than that. Always intrigued me.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:22 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

When you did the research for FM musings did you just have a educated guess to what he might be on or was there more to it than that. Always intrigued me.

Yes it’s educated guesswork mate. Although there have been cases in the past where clubs have contacted FM to ask how they’ve got the figures so accurate.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 pm

Mine isn't educated guesswork, I was told by someone who should know. IDGAF if anyone wants to believe it or not and I'm not giving away my source but he would definitely know.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:23 am

Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
lifestags wrote:I genuinely think Cook isnt playing as we will want him off the wage book in Jan, he is going to less likely to want to leave if he is starting each week.

Apparently hes on around 5k a week!

i really hope not !!!

He’s not. He’s on £2,500 a week.

If he's on £2.5k a week and that's the sort of wage we're comfortable paying that gives me great confidence.

Burton's top earners are probably only just on slightly more. I strongly suspect most of the squad were on considerably less.

Go and get John Brayford (old but a warrior) Ryan Edwards and Lucas Akins and this team would be transformed.

I'd chuck Kieran Wallace into the mix as well.

The only doubt I have is whether Nigel would rip the heart of out Bucko's squad while they're in the raspberries.

We may need to wait for the summer. I honestly believe Brayford and Akins will be Mansfield players by the start of next season.

Nigel likes to work with players he's worked with before, as they take less time to settle and know what he expects of them.

Both Brayford and Akins idolise him.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:22 pm

broomo wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
lifestags wrote:I genuinely think Cook isnt playing as we will want him off the wage book in Jan, he is going to less likely to want to leave if he is starting each week.

i really hope not !!!

If he's on £2.5k a week and that's the sort of wage we're comfortable paying that gives me great confidence.

Burton's top earners are probably only just on slightly more. I strongly suspect most of the squad were on considerably less.

Go and get John Brayford (old but a warrior) Ryan Edwards and Lucas Akins and this team would be transformed.

The only doubt I have is whether Nigel would rip the heart of out Bucko's squad while they're in the raspberries.

We may need to wait for the summer. I honestly believe Brayford and Akins will be Mansfield players by the start of next season.

Nigel likes to work with players he's worked with before, as they take less time to settle and know what he expects of them.

Brayford yes please, just the player we need... Akins would also be welcome!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:36 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
broomo wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

i really hope not !!!

Problem here is (unfortunately) that players already on £2.5k a week are treated as the 'average' for the cap purposes (ie their full wage doesn't count). But the whole of a new player's wages uses up the cap. So someone new on £2.5k a week would use up 10% of our wage bill immediately but if Cook was on £2.5k a week for cap purposes he's probably only treated as something like £1.3k a week until his contract expires (I don't know the exact numbers)..

There was a debate around this when the cap came in. It was pointed out that a consequence is that this possibly ends up with higher paid players not moving from their existing clubs until their contracts end because they can't get the same wage somewhere else because they will use up the new club's cap.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Both Brayford and Akins idolise him.[/quote]

Brayford yes please, just the player we need... Akins would also be welcome![/quote]

Problem here is (unfortunately) that players already on £2.5k a week are treated as the 'average' for the cap purposes (ie their full wage doesn't count). But the whole of a new player's wages uses up the cap. So someone new on £2.5k a week would use up 10% of our wage bill immediately but if Cook was on £2.5k a week for cap purposes he's probably only treated as something like £1.3k a week until his contract expires (I don't know the exact numbers)..

There was a debate around this when the cap came in. It was pointed out that a consequence is that this possibly ends up with higher paid players not moving from their existing clubs until their contracts end because they can't get the same wage somewhere else because they will use up the new club's cap.[/quote]

Do signing on fees count towards the cap?

Chuck them 75k each on the reduced wage of 1.3k and that more than makes up for any shortfall on their basic wage.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:14 pm

broomo wrote:If he's on £2.5k a week and that's the sort of wage we're comfortable paying that gives me great confidence.

Brayford yes please, just the player we need... Akins would also be welcome![/quote]

There was a debate around this when the cap came in. It was pointed out that a consequence is that this possibly ends up with higher paid players not moving from their existing clubs until their contracts end because they can't get the same wage somewhere else because they will use up the new club's cap.[/quote]

Chuck them 75k each on the reduced wage of 1.3k and that more than makes up for any shortfall on their basic wage.[/quote]

I believe they do, along with agents fees, match bonus's, NI and Pension contributions.

End of season bonus for performance is exempt though.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Could we use the end of season bonus for new players differently to the current squad?
Like offering Watters a basic wage plus X anoint of money if we stay up.

Broomo is Atkins more of a wing back whose good at crossing the ball or an out and out striker?
Not too keen on ex burton players coming to the Stags, just doesn't feel right.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:46 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
broomo wrote:If he's on £2.5k a week and that's the sort of wage we're comfortable paying that gives me great confidence.

Chuck them 75k each on the reduced wage of 1.3k and that more than makes up for any shortfall on their basic wage.[/quote]

I believe they do, along with agents fees, match bonus's, NI and Pension contributions.

End of season bonus for performance is exempt though.[/quote]

Yes they do; can't get round it like this.

End of season bonus for performance is exempt though?

No. The only performance bonuses that are exempt are promotion and cup progression.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:48 pm

Most managers take players from previous clubs but most of Burton Albion players have long gone , that was the basic problem revenue did not allow them to keep quality players and building a team to maintain championship football was impossible. even league 1 would be a managerial feat. Brayford past his sell by date, never really recovered from his playoff semi final injury at a Sheff Utd and aged 33. Akins is aged 32 Burton Albions player of the year twice and a club legend, playing full back=winger right or left=centre forward. He is also their record goal scorer a very fit player, could still do a job at 34-5 team player, I find the trouble with success it is like a drug it defies reality and can easily cloud your vision. Escaping relegation forming a structure for next season, and be better next year than this year, and keep moving forward, a three sided ground 4000 plus fans, were will this take us. for me mid-table league 1, and a 3 year plan would be reasonable. losing 1=0 to a club flying high in this division under our circumstances, is not a crisis, this is normal away from home in a promotion season.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:50 pm

From EFL Website:

"When calculating total salary spending, the ‘cap’ includes:

Basic Wages;

Taxes;

Bonuses;

Image rights;

Agents’ fees and;

Other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly to all registered players.

Payments directly linked to a Club’s progression in cup competitions or promotion are excluded from the Cap, while any income generated from players going out on loan is deducted from the Club’s Salary Cap calculation."

Signing on fees falls within "Other fees and expenses paid directly or indirectly...."

Their rules will be drafted by lawyers who understand all of this and will try and predict all the loopholes and the work arounds and so it can't be 'gamed' by some random ideas come up with a load of us on a message board.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby lifestags » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:41 am

Musings, have you got that possession map for this game? I’d love to see Jamie Reid’s.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:56 am

Jamie Reid lost possession of the ball nearly every time it went to him on Tuesday night. His control of the ball was worse than Andy Cook. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum