{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Deal or No Deal?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Deal or No Deal?

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:22 am

Nah not really properly thou.. Were Playing players out of position which causes it to fall back into a 442.. Reid and bowery do not fit together in a 451 musings
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:19 am

Sedgwick wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:20th as it stands. :/

Only 3 pts above Stevenage.

It's becoming very tight at the bottom. Whoever beats those around them will stay up

That's us done for then :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:27 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Nah not really properly thou.. Were Playing players out of position which causes it to fall back into a 442.. Reid and bowery do not fit together in a 451 musings

Whether you think the right players are playing or not is another matter, but we’re definitely playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:43 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we are in a mess, massive January transfer window coming up

just highlights what an absolute shambles our last manager left us with, i’m worried

We won’t get anyone decent in January!!!

This is the problem. We'll more than likely end up with more of the same. But if we get a couple of forwards to replace Bowery n Reid we might actually stand a chance. Both those two have a combined product of just two goals, and one was a pen :shock:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Aspleystag » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 am

At least it shows NC what he needs to change in January, if we had gone on a run of winning he may have thought he was ok to keep this team.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 am

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we are in a mess, massive January transfer window coming up

just highlights what an absolute shambles our last manager left us with, i’m worried

This is the problem. We'll more than likely end up with more of the same. But if we get a couple of forwards to replace Bowery n Reid we might actually stand a chance. Both those two have a combined product of just two goals, and one was a pen :shock:

It's because they're both absolutely hopeless that's why.

It's getting a little tedious hearing "well they try hard" - no, they're there to score goals - trying hard is nice, and to be applauded - but the currency required is goals. I'd try hard in the 100m - doesn't mean I will win as the currency there is to get there first etc etc.

Reid sadly isn't league standard (maybe he might be, just not yet) Bowery might work as an AM - either way - the 2 of them currently simply don't work, how many other league teams have a forward who's played pretty much all games of the season but still hasn't scored from open play when it's a week away from Christmas :shock: - it's a bloody farce.

I do believe we will get out of it - not through tinted glasses - but both the PPG and goals conceded have reduced - just the goals issue remains the problem - there iwll be a budget there to get a few players in during January (added to the contacts Clough will have)

A no nonsense tough midfielder and a decent forward wouldn't be a bad place to start.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 am

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

How do we know what we're going to get in January? Clough has previous for signing pretty unknown players from either non-league or Scotland so we have no idea who is in his mind to sign. Novel idea, but why don't we wait, see & trust the manager who has has continued success for the past 20 years as a manager.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:46 am

The not making subs till late strategy is a classic from a manager hoping to strengthen the squad in Jan. A sign to the powers that be that ‘I have nobody to bring in here who could change the game’.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:50 am

I do trust Nigel, but good players rarely drop to a club struggling so badly. In general the only ones willing to come are kids and has beens.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:51 am

Spiritater wrote:I do trust Nigel, but good players rarely drop to a club struggling so badly. In general the only ones willing to come are kids and has beens.

I think he could get anyone he wants from Burton, as they’re likely to be in L2 next season anyway.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:45 am

The problem at the moment is NC has a system he plays, unfortunately this squad was not assembled to play the system
This squad has NO width and certainly NO depth in wide area's.
Reid is new to this level of football, and has not stuck any kind of partnership up with Bowery, whose 1 goal this season, a penalty is dire by any standards
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:52 am

Do people think we can just pick up two strikers who will score 10 goals each, surely that is what most struggling teams are after, and as has been said, who really wants to come to a struggling side, and will the "fans" give them time to settle in and score goals? As for certain players playing every week and others not getting a game, who knows what goes on in training? Cook should be battering this league, but he isn't. I do think the team needs a change or two thought after either a poor performance or a defeat, so it will be interesting to see what happens come saturday. Southend, Scunthorpe, Salford and Port Vale up next I think.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:55 am

I genuinely think Cook isnt playing as we will want him off the wage book in Jan, he is going to less likely to want to leave if he is starting each week.

Apparently hes on around 5k a week!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:03 pm

lifestags wrote:I genuinely think Cook isnt playing as we will want him off the wage book in Jan, he is going to less likely to want to leave if he is starting each week.

i really hope not !!!
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:35 pm

Spiritater wrote:I do trust Nigel, but good players rarely drop to a club struggling so badly. In general the only ones willing to come are kids and has beens.

Last time we were in this position, with a manager with a decent reputation and some money to spend, was with when Evans was here.

His last game before January, we drew with Doncaster, 1-1 & were 17th, 6 points off the drop. That January, we signed Alex Macdonald, Ben Whiteman & Hayden White all of whom had an impact that season and also the next couple of seasons so quality can be found.

As i said, Clough has a reputation for picking up players from different areas, i have full confidence in his (and the transfer teams) ability to attract players here.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Cloughie int daft he will know what needs to be done & his brother is in place to seek out these gems he’s done it for him most his managerial career

we just need to limp on until Jan
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:17 pm

So we lose against a top team in this division and us in a relegation battle with both hands tied behind our backs, the same squad that got us in this mess are still here.
and according to many on big bucks, Our performance well ive seen teams score from a set piece late on to get a draw, keeping them to only one goal was good defending Stech had little to do, Mansfield having to score 2 to gain a win, is a reflection of this team, and no matter how you shuffle the pack, the same frustration is there for all to see.
The die is cast, Clough has come to stop or maybe Radford is fed up with throwing money at players, So changes will only come within the budget, Looking at our position now in a year of lost revenue and covid 19, avoiding relegation is our top priority, The main facts about Carlisle we remained in the contest till the final whistle,and a draw was always possible at 1-0
Get use to players in different roles with a set Budget he believes in quality over quantity and to do that players have to be flexible. playing over 50 games in a season .
injury=suspension=illness= loss of form=problems outside football, many things change over a long season. taking a 1=0 at Carlisle with this squad is a learning curve.
Who would think a simple ball into the penalty box from a free kick or corner, could be so complicated. No wonder Clough says this team is a work in progress
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:29 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
lifestags wrote:I genuinely think Cook isnt playing as we will want him off the wage book in Jan, he is going to less likely to want to leave if he is starting each week.

i really hope not !!!

He’s not. He’s on £2,500 a week.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

i really hope not !!!

Salarysport .com says 4.500
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:07 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

i really hope not !!!

Must be right then :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

i really hope not !!!

Must be right then :roll:

Dont half make me piss when fans quote these sites as factual evidence on player wages :lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:18 pm

So it could be, 5000 4500 or 2500. ;) What difference would it make to us fans ??
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Most players get more money if picked in starting 11, think they also get a bonus if they come off the bench.
Not sure if this is a factor in Nigel's choice of starting 11, if not starting Cook Maynard gives us more money in the pot for January then I like him more than I even did before, he seems to have been very savvy in all his clubs.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:50 pm

MTFCMAD"[quote="The One wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

i really hope not !!!

Must be right then :roll:[/quote]

Dont half make me piss when fans quote these sites as factual evidence on player wages :lol:[/quote]

or when fans know what's on a players wage slip.... :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:15 pm

this might sound daft but its normally not too far off, on FM21 hes on 5300. They used to be accurate on that sort of thing.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum