{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Wishlist

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Wishlist

Postby robbingdog » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:10 pm

Too many wannabe pep guardiolas/Mikel artetas on here

That fella at Brighton thinks he’s a tactical genius as well

Our club is at a level where the players have all
On passing to each other never mind confusing them with inverted
wingers etc

As Nigel clough said to them, I’m asking you to do what you’re good at
which is playing football. It’s not rocket science at our level
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:23 pm

robbingdog wrote:Too many wannabe pep guardiolas/Mikel artetas on here

That fella at Brighton thinks he’s a tactical genius as well

Our club is at a level where the players have all
On passing to each other never mind confusing them with inverted
wingers etc

As Nigel clough said to them, I’m asking you to do what you’re good at
which is playing football. It’s not rocket science at our level

Don’t think there’s too may folk who would want to be Mikel Arteta at the moment mate.

You asked a question, I answered it, then get all uppity because it wasn’t something you hadn’t heard of or you think it’s too complicated.

What role do you think Jordan Bowery is performing at the moment?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:30 pm

I think he’s playing on the right wing to the best of his ability

He’s never going to Be a Wayne cordon, I don’t think he will get us promoted
if you ask me but we’ve got him and we should support him best we can.

I wasn’t getting uppity mate by the way, I just get the feeling that we all sometimes
get too hung up on tactics and positions etc.
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robbingdog » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Left wing
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:46 pm

robbingdog wrote:I think he’s playing on the right wing to the best of his ability

He’s never going to Be a Wayne cordon, I don’t think he will get us promoted
if you ask me but we’ve got him and we should support him best we can.

I wasn’t getting uppity mate by the way, I just get the feeling that we all sometimes
get too hung up on tactics and positions etc.

Apologies if I took it the wrong way.

My point was that he’s playing as an inverted winger or inside forward, whatever you wish to call it. If we had a more natural wide man, with pace or creativity, it would improve the team.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:52 pm

We need a stronger back 4. Rawson really concerns me - his positioning & marking is all over the place. Oh for a George Foster at the heart of our defence!

I don't think there will be that much movement in January. I reckon Clough will bring in 3 players, of which a couple will be loan players - and one of them will be a winger.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:04 pm

Musings, it would certainly improve the team

My point was that I personally think that we all overthink the game
sometimes. There are certain tactical geniuses. Just look back at Spurs Arsenal
yesterday. Mourinho knew how to set up against Arsenal and get the result which he did

I just feel that at our level of football we don’t need to over complicate things

Just watch Chris wilder at sheff U. A lower league manager who got his teams in your
face and stopped you from playing. Look where it got them. I appreciate the wheels may have
fallen for them this year but watching them something has changed

We have in my opinion a great manager for our club who also has respect from a lot of people in the game and we should let him get on with his job and enjoy the ride

Up the stags
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:35 pm

Walker back would be good business but guessing he wants to move forward and not turn back old clocks and yes sign Lapslie asap
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:53 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Walker back would be good business but guessing he wants to move forward and not turn back old clocks and yes sign Lapslie asap

I doubt we'd be able to sign walker anyway because of the wage budget, and the transfer fee.

I agree on Lapslie though would love to sign him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:58 pm

robbingdog wrote:Musings, it would certainly improve the team

yesterday. Mourinho knew how to set up against Arsenal and get the result which he did

I just feel that at our level of football we don’t need to over complicate things

Just watch Chris wilder at sheff U. A lower league manager who got his teams in your
face and stopped you from playing. Look where it got them. I appreciate the wheels may have

We have in my opinion a great manager for our club who also has respect from a lot of people in the game and we should let him get on with his job and enjoy the ride

Up the stags

Do you really think Chris Wilder got Sheffield United to where they are without being highly tactical?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:15 am

The One wrote:We need someone with pace, to replace CJ

Hard to find a decent player with pace at league 2 level.... Especially in January.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby James » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:04 am

robbingdog wrote:Musings, it would certainly improve the team

Up the stags

You've tried complimenting Chris Wilder whilst actually insulting him :lol:

Sheffield United are a far better team than just 'stopping the other team from playing'. He was very inventive with tactics with using the over-lapping full backs for the past 2 seasons.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:15 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Walker back would be good business but guessing he wants to move forward and not turn back old clocks and yes sign Lapslie asap

I doubt we'd be able to sign walker anyway because of the wage budget, and the transfer fee.

I agree on Lapslie though would love to sign him

Why would Walker want to come back to Mansfield when he is banging in goals for Coventry?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:15 am

Will be interesting to see how and who NC attracts to field mill :) Whoops one call :lol:

Could be a few surprises so i leave it in is capable hands and wish him all the best for the New Year :D

:mtfc: :coys: :mansfield_till_i_die: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:21 pm

Sheff Utd have a capacity of 30-000 plus gates, and was always to big a club to remain in league 1,,having got on a roll with Wilder, sailed through the championship, and found them selves in the Premier league where a club their size belong. Each club can have a expected status, Arsenal [premier league ] [ Preston Championship ] [ Doncaster rovers league 1 ]
Expectations made on the revenue capacity of the club, Football brings times when a club defies logic and can exceed all expectations, Blackpool [premier league ] [ Burtonj Albion Championship ] So where do Mansfield belong on 4-000 gates, realistically, top half league 2= = bottom half league 1, So a wish list of players joining in Jan not fee sable.
To watch a club exceed expectations , takes time faith in the manager a good owner who trusts his manager, and fans PATIENCE , sometimes the road is hard and rocky.
i believe Mansfield can become a top league 2 club , move into league 1 and if and when maintain Championship football, With a new stand needed, and talk of a Hotel perhaps being built
the future could be bright, We are not a big club so we need solid foundations to compete with much bigger clubs, Our problem is not getting new players but keeping the good ones we have.
Their is nothing more soul destroying than watching your top players leave to a club in the same league as you, We must not forget for players it is just a job, and they follow the money.
If -when Clough gets us out of this relegation scrap, the fans will be thinking of next season 2021/22 Clough will be thinking of 2022/23 in respect of who is out of contract, and who is coming through the academy, where we have to spend. and were our strengths are , .building a club like Mansfield is long term, not a quick fix, Let John & Caroline move on the infrastructure at there pace. Clough will make sure the playing side looks after its self , with the help off David Sharpe of course. This Jan just a latch lifter
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:44 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
garlic wrote:Someone like Sinclair who has operated on the left, and still not been given a chance to shine.

Agree with that. Would be more than happy for Tyrese to be give a chance but it doesn’t seem to be forthcoming.

In place of who?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:48 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
garlic wrote:Someone like Sinclair who has operated on the left, and still not been given a chance to shine.

Agree with that. Would be more than happy for Tyrese to be give a chance but it doesn’t seem to be forthcoming.

In place of who?

In relation to Sinclair, I’d like to see him come off the bench on the left or right with at least 20/25 minutes to make an impact.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Sinclair should be given a chance he scored two penalties against Forest in a 4-4 draw.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Cook should start every game,of the forwards he has least time on pitch between goals.Allied to this are Martin and Eggy's match ratings where he also comes out as the top forward.
If we are looking to offload a striker.Bye Maynard.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 pm

stagone1959 wrote:Cook should start every game,of the forwards he has least time on pitch between goals.Allied to this are Martin and Eggy's match ratings where he also comes out as the top forward.

Don't think anyones gonna pay money for Maynard in Jan unless it's a loan. And I think it would be madness to get rid of Maynard when he's a proven goalscorer imo
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagone1959 wrote:Cook should start every game,of the forwards he has least time on pitch between goals.Allied to this are Martin and Eggy's match ratings where he also comes out as the top forward.

Don't think anyones gonna pay money for Maynard in Jan unless it's a loan. And I think it would be madness to get rid of Maynard when he's a proven goalscorer imo

I can see a conference club shelling out for him, especially as they don't have a wage cap.. Could see him at county tbh
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum