{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ten Years Ago

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Ten Years Ago

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:38 pm

I’ve just had a pop up on Facebook that it was 10 years ago today that The Leach repossessed FM.

Look how far we’ve come. It’s been a journey and it’s not over yet, but despite our current on field woes, we are light years ahead of where we were.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: Ten Years Ago

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 pm

True whiffy, desperate,desperate,desperate times.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:45 pm

I was hoping he would have died before he got to spend one penny of the money he got from the sale of Our field mill.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby victor A block » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:50 pm

A lot to thank the Radfords for . Hoping we have the right man now to move us forward on the pitch . It's going to take time .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Great post Belly.

It just puts some of the moans and groans on here into perspective! (My own included)

What an amazing owner JR has been. We are so very very lucky
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:29 am

like others have said, many some of these social media idiots should read this and realise how lucky we are.

So close to going out of business under both KH and the three amigos.

Thank you John Radford
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:04 am

Yes. I can see the count and his sidekick meale sat together in the new unopened west stand. Made for eachother weren't they ?
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 am

The three Amigos were well meaning but the biggest mistake was involving someone who was just a 'worm in the pie' and was reporting back their every move to the leech. Some of the things SH told me about his antics beggar belief.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:08 am

Spiritater wrote:The three Amigos were well meaning but the biggest mistake was involving someone who was just a 'worm in the pie' and was reporting back their every move to the leech. Some of the things SH told me about his antics beggar belief.

Wish someone would write a book or something, lots of clubs going out the league make it to good documentaries etc but stags never really get a mention anywhere, what happened to us was shocking and hardly anyone knows about it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:31 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Spiritater wrote:The three Amigos were well meaning but the biggest mistake was involving someone who was just a 'worm in the pie' and was reporting back their every move to the leech. Some of the things SH told me about his antics beggar belief.

Wish someone would write a book or something, lots of clubs going out the league make it to good documentaries etc but stags never really get a mention anywhere, what happened to us was shocking and hardly anyone knows about it.

there are plenty about the ground redevelopment, non league & promotion if you look, however a book solely devoted to nosferatu inc those reviews on his multi million quid golf complex on trip advisor are golden :lol:
i even remember going for a pint with a few to Carver many years back lol

dark dark times
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:57 am

Enlighten me.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:03 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

there are plenty about the ground redevelopment, non league & promotion if you look, however a book solely devoted to nosferatu inc those reviews on his multi million quid golf complex on trip advisor are golden :lol:
i even remember going for a pint with a few to Carver many years back lol

dark dark times

A book about the Count (sic) who almost destroyed our club would be called "The Anal Abscess Years". The true story of a right pain in the arse!
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:04 am

Sedgwick wrote:

I think someone should write a book or at least an article on it . I find it incredulous that the FA allowed it all to happen .The main example being the 1m grant to redevelop the Bishop Street stand
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:01 am

i hate giving “him” airtime let’s lock the thread, makes my blood boil
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:57 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i hate giving “him” airtime let’s lock the thread, makes my blood boil

Let’s not.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i hate giving “him” airtime let’s lock the thread, makes my blood boil

Let’s not.

I agree with Belly. We now have a future thanks to the Radford rescue. Haslam is history but it's a history we must not forget or eradicate.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Wilfred wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Let’s not.

I agree with Belly. We now have a future thanks to the Radford rescue. Haslam is history but it's a history we must not forget or eradicate.

Those who cannot remember their past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana.

Big Stags fan was George. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Sneag wrote:
Wilfred wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Let’s not.

Those who cannot remember their past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana.

Big Stags fan was George. ;)

Exactly.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum