{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Camb Utd scorefred sponsored by Lockdowns's over.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Camb Utd scorefred sponsored by Lockdowns's over.

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:48 am

So onto Weds and a toughie...with supporters. Although we need wins I'd snap your hand off for a point.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Camb Utd scorefred sponsored by Lockdowns's over.

Postby The One » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:52 am

Its gonna be tough
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:53 am

2-0 Cambridge... Can't see us picking up owt unfortunately.
Scary thought is we could be in bottom 2 before ko if scunny get anything at Harrogate Tues nite :(
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 am

can see a shock coming.... 2-1 Stags Bowrey to score
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:10 am

Bowery to score would be a shock
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 am

part time pete wrote:Bowery to score would be a shock

That's an understatement :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:38 am

7.45pm kick off
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:49 am

from https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... yone-wear/

How Cambridge United are preparing for fans' return: 'We're asking everyone to wear face masks'
The League Two club are getting ready for Wednesday's visit of Mansfield Town

By Ian Mather, CEO, CAMBRIDGE UNITED
28 November 2020

Tuesday, Nov 24 — getting the toilets sorted
We had a meeting at 9am after hearing the news from the Government at 4pm the previous day and immediately started working through decisions and what was already in place from our test event in September against Fulham Under-21s.

There are a lot of logistics, including ordering in toilets, because we have to have portable toilets for social distancing. The problem is that our building dates back to the 1930s and there are narrow passageways for the entrance so you have to let someone go out before you go in, which would need stewarding. We weighed up the cost and the time it takes to take people in and out, and it was more cost effective and better to hire a load of portable toilets.

Wednesday, Nov 25 — helping other clubs
Other clubs have asked for information about how we staged a test event, when we had fans back in the stadium earlier this year. Andy Beattie, our Covid-19 officer and club secretary, has been a go-to person for the other clubs. Our position is that if any clubs ask for this info, we will give it to them because this is a collaborative effort.

It really helped that we staged that test event. We were also one of the two pilot clubs, along with Charlton Athletic, to work with Movement Strategies, who the EFL used to look over our ground and prepare a detailed report. For the Fulham game a lot of tweaking with our ticketing system, so now when people are buying tickets in a bubble of three it wipes out the seats around them to maintain social distancing.

Thursday, Nov 26 — what to do about face masks?
Started the process of repainting the red arrows around the stadiums for fans to be directed to their seats. We put them down in September and are repainting them ready for Wednesday.

Red stripes
After it was confirmed that we're in Tier 2, we needed to line up stewards. We will need 91 stewards for 2,000 people. That is a very high ratio per person. We needed to check that all of those stewards were available and then got them booked, with some reserves. It makes us confident we’ll deliver on stewards. Pairing those logistics and making sure we are ready for Friday's meeting with the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) was the main part of the day.

We looked at decisions about face masks and we’re actually not required to use them, although it is advised. As a club we’ve decided to require all fans to wear face masks. We want an experience where fans feel it is as safe as it can be. It was also based on fan feedback and a number of them said they would feel more secure with face masks worn.

Friday, Nov 27 — sorting who get the tickets
Had a meeting with the chair of the SAG and we got approval to go ahead for 2,000 fans. The balance goes on sale on Monday and we have the system to get the tickets to the right people. With our capacity, we refer to a “small number” going on general sale because we have to allow for press, directors, scouts, non-playing staff, each player gets two complementary tickets as part of their deal, so all of those are part of the 2,000.

We also got approval for the Oldham and Gillingham games that follow. Of course, if there is a spike of Covid in Cambridge then Public Health England can pull the plug at a moment’s notice.

Saturday, Nov 28 — work continues from home
Sadly we are out of the FA Cup so we are not playing but we’re going through the season-ticket list and making sure we are sending out all the e-tickets to seated people. I'm working from home. We work on the basis that if we can work from home, we do. It is all part of keeping the stadium as untouched as possible.

We identified people in Tier 3 areas because they shouldn’t travel to a Tier 2 area. The communication with them is that they are not going to get their ticket. We have also been wanting to get feedback from fans if they are season-ticket holders who can’t come, as we don’t want to waste a space and would like to reallocate the space.

We are going to make a loss on each game and over the season that is significant. It is also a reason why the Premier League and EFL need to do the deal over a rescue package. It’s real cash going out.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:49 am

Wow, what a palaver, it's just not worth the immense effort and costs.
well done though Cambridge, it's an eye opener regards what's needed to allow fans back.
Portable toilets :shock:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:12 pm

They have put a lot of work and thought into this.I would expect we will do the same as them.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm

3 0 win and steck to catch the ball ⚽️
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:58 pm

We’ve reached a bizarre situation, where it costs clubs more money to admit fans than lock them out :(
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 pm

i’ve got a feeling we’ll win this
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:38 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i’ve got a feeling we’ll win this

Think they've drawn the last 3 games, struggled against barrow at home.
A point would be good away from home in normal circumstances but we so need the win.

If it is a draw can we score in the 92nd minute and not the other way around, it always seems better somehow.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Strangely, so have I, but I do wish Sinclair would get more of a run, I reckon he could be a big impact player if given at least twenty minutes, and Jimmy Knowles could also solve our goalscoring problems, but heh ho i`m just a sucker for wanting to see the young`uns given a fair chance.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 am

I think they will expect an easy-ish game and with a crowd they might be put right off when 2000 fans start moaning after bowery almost scores after a few minutes :lol:

I think the sudden appearance of 2000 fans will work in our favour. Our job to wind them up, not let them play and nick and early goal.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am

I’m going for a boring nil nil and I’d take it right now away to them. They’ve been one of the brighter teams in the league so far.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am

We need to poop on their party.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:39 pm

I think it will depend on who starts. If we can get Perch and Maris in the starting lineup I think we have an outside chance. The hard game on Sunday will have taken its toll and we may be leg weary. The home crowd could also be a big factor so we will have to start well to keep them quiet.

Overall I think a draw would be a good result but we may not even get that. Sorry.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Good team lost 1 out of last 6 , against 3rd from bottom Mansfield who have played 120 minutes of football 2 days ago, while Camb utd had the weekend off.
Stech will have a good test [could be his last game ] will test our defensive capability's and discipline, hoping we can catch them on the break, we will have to take our limited chances.
We are in a mess in the league take a point all day going on the old saying an away point is a good point
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I think they will expect an easy-ish game and with a crowd they might be put right off when 2000 fans start moaning after bowery almost scores after a few minutes :lol:

I think the sudden appearance of 2000 fans will work in our favour. Our job to wind them up, not let them play and nick and early goal.

I agree. Both sets of players will have missed playing in front of fans, but the Cambridge players will have more pressure on them to perform and I think it'll get to them. We, on the other hand, will be expected to lose and there won't be any pressure.

Maris to bite the hand that used to feed him. 0-1!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:45 pm

:) Be great if we can snatch the win but not be easy.

Cambridge 1 Super Stags 2 Maynard brace .

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:27 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I do love a good stat
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum