{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

menayese

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: menayese

Postby stag324 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am

Menayese is a young promising player and could potentially make us some money in years to come.

He came in last night and played well, especially as he hadn't played in weeks.

The way some of our fans want to get rid without giving him chance under a new manager amazes me, even though I know most of them are just spoilt brats.

We need to support and encourage the younger players and understand they are at the start of their journey into football
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:45 am

As I've said before on here, I like Rollin Menayese and think he has loads of scope for improvement that could see him play at a higher level with good coaching. He was our best defender out of the back three early on and was my Man of the Match against Tranmere Rovers and Exeter at home. He was also whoscored's top rated player in those games. He also played well away at Newport. He is big and athletic and likes to attack the ball and win headers and interceptions and he has plenty of pace. He is also prepared to bring the ball forward and has scored two goals from set pieces. He just needs to improve his distribution and blocking crosses and shots which he did last night. He also like Farrend Rawson looks more comfortable in a back four. Farrend Rawson was the weak link in the back three early on and was to blame for more goals conceded than Rollin. It also did not help with Marek Stech making mistakes.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 am

Crikey if what you say about Menayese is right then why was he dropped from the team and then the squad before last night ?
He looked like an accident waiting to happen in the games I saw, although I would not write off a young defender based on a handful of games.
I’m pleased he played well last night and hope he continues to improve
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 am

northern stag wrote:Crikey if what you say about Menayese is right then why was he dropped from the team and then the squad before last night ?
He looked like an accident waiting to happen in the games I saw, although I would not write off a young defender based on a handful of games.
I’m pleased he played well last night and hope he continues to improve

He missed training before the Walsall game, that’s part of the reason he was left out.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:39 am

Rollin Menayese was left out of the team by Richard Cooper when he went to a back four after taking over from GC which was a great move. Ryan Sweeney was unavailable for the left centre half position due to Covid and Aaron O'Driscoll was suspended so he made the decision to play James Perch left centre half which was another great move. He clearly then decided to go for experience by selecting Farrend Rawson ahead of Menayese. Rawson has 141 league starts compared to Menayese's 35. Rawson and Perch did well so kept their place in the team. You also only need one centre half for the bench and I can understand Nigel Clough selecting Aaron O'Driscoll over Rollin as O'Driscoll could also play midfield if necessary. It may also be good man management by Nigel Clough to motivate Rollin to prove himself which he did last night.

I didn't know about Rollin missing training but that clearly would not help matters. That was an issue with Krystian Pearce last season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Depends on the reason for missing training.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:51 pm

From what I understand it was a miscommunication more than anything due to the change in management. It was for his driving test.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:01 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:From what I understand it was a miscommunication more than anything due to the change in management. It was for his driving test.

So it was Mark Eastwood's fault then :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:From what I understand it was a miscommunication more than anything due to the change in management. It was for his driving test.

did he pass? :lol:
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Wh_Stag wrote:

According to Facebook he did.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:43 pm

part time pete wrote:
Wh_Stag wrote:

According to Facebook he did.

Brilliant! Having that freedom will help him settle in the area and hopefully can kick on and concentrate on his footie

I know he's been slated as not good enough, but he looks powerful and athletic and has potential
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum