{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin and Dean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:40 pm

broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!


The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

You’re the one that got your tits out because I quoted one of your posts as an example

You’re the one that seems to think we should all be grateful that you’ve honoured us all with your presence. You aren’t a Mansfield fan. You’re a Clough fan. Those are mutual things but only for the moment. As pointed out, I and the rest will be here when you’ve moved on. Maybe if you didn’t get so precious and take offence so easily then we would be in a better place. If you want a war on here, I’ll give you one. Up to you.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15177
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby The One » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!


The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

You’re the one that got your tits out because I quoted one of your posts as an example

You’re the one that seems to think we should all be grateful that you’ve honoured us all with your presence. You aren’t a Mansfield fan. You’re a Clough fan. Those are mutual things but only for the moment. As pointed out, I and the rest will be here when you’ve moved on. Maybe if you didn’t get so precious and take offence so easily then we would be in a better place. If you want a war on here, I’ll give you one. Up to you.


Stop the abuse now please. The One Moderator
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11881
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:54 pm

The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!


The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

You’re the one that got your tits out because I quoted one of your posts as an example

You’re the one that seems to think we should all be grateful that you’ve honoured us all with your presence. You aren’t a Mansfield fan. You’re a Clough fan. Those are mutual things but only for the moment. As pointed out, I and the rest will be here when you’ve moved on. Maybe if you didn’t get so precious and take offence so easily then we would be in a better place. If you want a war on here, I’ll give you one. Up to you.


Stop the abuse now please. The One Moderator

If Belly stopped the abuse he would never actually post.
Hjeldefan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Broomo, you are a welcome new supporter and part of the Stagsnet family.

Having the odd spat with Belly is kind of a right of passage that most of us have been through over the years.

To be fair to him though, he has supported the club for decades and will continue to do so long after both Cloughie (and you) has moved on.

Instead of fanning the flames, just ignore the stuff he says that you don't agree with and engage with the stuff you find worthwhile.

That's what the rest of us do with each other*, and occasionally we find common ground.

I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:

*Most of the time!


The daft thing is, if he gave me time to get my feet under the table and he loves the club aa much as you say (therefore presumably defends the players, manager and owners to the hilt) he'd probably find me singing from the same hymn sheet as him.

It's the garbage "you're not one of us" so you're not entitled to an opinion that sets my back up.

I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel but what I can guarantee is that from the second I knew he was comimg, straight away I immersed myself into all things Mansfield Town, studied the squad of players and started watching the opposition. There won't be anyone on here who wants success for you more than I want success for you.

Football is my life. I spend an awful lot of time watching and researching and I want to come on here and be able to post freely, based on the honest view of how I see things. To have those views dismissed just because I haven't been a Mansfield fan my whole life, is frankly pathetic.

Also if everyone has to go through this rite of passage with Belly, then maybe Belly needs to ask himself why.

I'll show him the same level of respect he shows me, which so far is zero. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and things will get better the longer I'm here.

COYS's.

You’re the one that got your tits out because I quoted one of your posts as an example

You’re the one that seems to think we should all be grateful that you’ve honoured us all with your presence. You aren’t a Mansfield fan. You’re a Clough fan. Those are mutual things but only for the moment. As pointed out, I and the rest will be here when you’ve moved on. Maybe if you didn’t get so precious and take offence so easily then we would be in a better place. If you want a war on here, I’ll give you one. Up to you.


Man alive!!!
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:10 pm

I love bell boys enthusiastic reply’s regarding anything MTFC but in truth I’ve eaten more hot half time meat pies than he’s attended the mill .
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm

The funny thing is, Broomo has probably watched us play more than Belly has in the last 5 seasons.

Every thread is becoming being brought into an argument again and the board bully tends to be at the centre of most of them.
Everything Is Borrowed
User avatar
kevin kents tasce
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby FarnieStag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm

The One Moderator: Why not make your job easy and just eject bullyboy Bellwhiff? His nasty and stupid put downs are as predictable as they are boring.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Waheeeey.
Its the annual get Belly banned thread.
Was worried we were gonna miss out this year. :D
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3672
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm

FarnieStag wrote:The One Moderator: Why not make your job easy and just eject bullyboy Bellwhiff? His nasty and stupid put downs are as predictable as they are boring.


Please don't.
I've just bought two bags of popcorn.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1619
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Waheeeey.
Its the annual get Belly banned thread.
Was worried we were gonna miss out this year. :D

It’s time to dig that ban jumper out. :D
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15177
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Billy the fish wrote:I love bell boys enthusiastic reply’s regarding anything MTFC but in truth I’ve eaten more hot half time meat pies than he’s attended the mill .

I probably watched more games there by the age of 16 than you’ve had hot dinners
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 15177
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm

broomo wrote:I can't help the fact I'm not a lifelong Mansfield fan, my upbringing means I'm loyal to Nigel.


I think you are his son ;)


kevin kents tasce wrote:I even found myself agreeing with Dan once! :shock: :lol:


That was the only time you’ve ever been right on here ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:16 pm

:) Son ,that would be William then ;)

Or could be is daughter Helena :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:I love bell boys enthusiastic reply’s regarding anything MTFC but in truth I’ve eaten more hot half time meat pies than he’s attended the mill .

I probably watched more games there by the age of 16 than you’ve had hot dinners



But that was at least 40 years ago, so our piscine shot stopper has had plenty of time to catch up. :lol:
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9490
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Son ,that would be William then ;)

Or could be is daughter Helena :lol:


I'm not his son, or his daughter.

I don't hide behind a user name, it's pretty easy to track me down.

Honestly? I wish I'd not bothered registering, I thought I'd bring a bit of insight into his thinking, his style of play and his transfers but as always, there's at least one who gets his knickers in a twist.
broomo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm

broomo wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Son ,that would be William then ;)

Or could be is daughter Helena :lol:


I'm not his son, or his daughter.

I don't hide behind a user name, it's pretty easy to track me down.

Honestly? I wish I'd not bothered registering, I thought I'd bring a bit of insight into his thinking, his style of play and his transfers but as always, there's at least one who gets his knickers in a twist.


When i worked down the pit .

Told the lads that i could not wait to get home to get the wife's knickers off ;) Because they where Killing me :lol:

The old ones are always the best :oops:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Absolutely no idea why some would have a go at 2 die hard fans for being “too passionate” what a nonsense, give your head a shake.

Martin does the commentary well, does research on the game beforehand, travels up from Surrey to do so and there’s clowns out there who wouldn’t have a clue how to do it moaning he’s too passionate.

Lord almighty.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8278
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Broomo, I welcome your input and I welcome you as a new fan to the world's most disappointing football club.

Re Bella, every couple of weeks he gets a semi and doesn't know what to do with it. He tries to get rid of it by trotting out the same overused overtired army insults to anyone whose opinion is one standard deviation away from his.

Saying that, I do think he adds a bit of zing to the place.

Re the reason for this thread. I don't know why anyone would call out the work and effort Martin and Dean put in, for free. Stay classy guys, it's top work.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5035
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby bux46 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Broomo I for one enjoy your input and I am looking forward to your views when the transfers start

Best wishes .... try ( I know it's hard ) and ignore them
User avatar
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby geoffhill » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:17 pm

For once in my life I agree with Bux.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby Big yella » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:31 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:No-one is saying that they should stop or criticising the efforts they put in.

I agree that on the whole Martin does a really good job.

Just pointing out that their description of the game sometimes offers little resemblance to what is actually happening. If the game is being listened to and not watched then this is a problem, especially when listeners pay for the service.

Stop over reacting to a bit of feedback that should be seen as an opportunity to improve the product.

I think that's the most insulting comment that could be made to a commentator or reporter. The job is to relay to the listener what is going on and I do my best to do that faithfully. I've been doing match reports for a long time and I'd like to think they are generally respected. Of course not everyone is going to agree, that's obvious, because everyone has their own opinion. What goes in the report is essentially a repeat of what I say in commentary, just condensed down.


Martin that so many read your match reports and agree speaks volumes though football is extremely subjective and based upon opinions. How often do people stand in a bar, pint in hand, after the match discussing the 90 minutes, especially old friends sat next to each other, say, ‘What game were you watching?’.

If Kevin Kent’s tache wants to be sat where an opinion does not reflect the game, I will swap seats with him. 90 minutes with Big Yella and Old Ram Stag will make him change his mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well if just one of your ref mates could actually have a half decent game we might shut up. But I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4509
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby old ram stag » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 am

I've stood with Spartacus 15 years or more now, and he's justified every refereeing decision given against us during that time, he's so far up the refs Jacksy we need an endoscopy to see him post March.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 am

broomo wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Son ,that would be William then ;)

Or could be is daughter Helena :lol:


I'm not his son, or his daughter.

I don't hide behind a user name, it's pretty easy to track me down.

Honestly? I wish I'd not bothered registering, I thought I'd bring a bit of insight into his thinking, his style of play and his transfers but as always, there's at least one who gets his knickers in a twist.


Ignore what i say Broomo just got over active mind ;)

Since you came on you made it quiet clear where you stood in relation to following Nigel's career .

I do read your your posts and enjoy your input and content of your posts .
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6244
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby smulls » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 pm

FarnieStag wrote:The One Moderator: Why not make your job easy and just eject bullyboy Bellwhiff? His nasty and stupid put downs are as predictable as they are boring.


No no no, I love Wolfy. I mostly agree with his points.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby victor A block » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Broomo, I also have enjoyed your contributions.
It isnt a p***ing competition to see whose has been a fan the longest.
The club and supporters should welcome new fans. I didn't realise we had so many that there was a waiting list to join and we don't need anymore.
Keep contributing.
victor A block
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: groundhoppingstag, Sneag, Stagsfan11, stagtastic1, steve_b, Tess Tickle and 24 guests