{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Prep for fans returning/bail-out/Project big picture etc

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
lifestags wrote:back on subject a minute, this wont affect us as were more then likely to be in tier 3? about right?

Probably. To be announced on Thursday. Reviewed every two weeks.

Was Mansfield tier 3 before the national lockdown?

I imagine this that were already in tier 3 will return to tiers 1/2 if the tiers and lockdowns had their desired affect.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Posted on the other thread but the pic on the BBC News side bar when mentioning the football is Stags :)

We know who to thank for the BBC using a Mansfield photo :? :lol:

Obsessed. How about showing us this screenshot you lied about eh Walter?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:37 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:No away fans and up to 4,000 home fans could be a nice advantage at the mill

Cant see that helping clubs like barrow haha

Unfortunately I can’t see Mansfield being out of that damn tier 3 when lockdown ends!!!

Indeed I expect all NG postcodes will be under tier 3 again... At least til after the new year.
Gazmoose82
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
lifestags wrote:back on subject a minute, this wont affect us as were more then likely to be in tier 3? about right?

Probably. To be announced on Thursday. Reviewed every two weeks.

Was Mansfield tier 3 before the national lockdown?

I imagine this that were already in tier 3 will return to tiers 1/2 if the tiers and lockdowns had their desired affect.

yes it was.

This is what the Prime Minister said yesterday:
“I’m sorry to say that we expect more regions will fall, at least temporarily, into higher levels than before,” he told the Commons.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby lifestags » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:50 pm

god that's demoralising
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Just read Notts vaccine programme starts December the 9th if vaccine approved
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 am

It probably won't affect us straight away as I expect us to be in tier 3 initially, but as social distancing is still reccommended in all tiers, can someone explain how sports venues can adhere to that at 50% capacity ?
This literally means that every 2nd seat can be sold, so there will be no empty rows anywhere. You will potentially have an empty seat either side of you, but everyone will have somebody breathing down their neck.
The 4,000 and 2,000 caps in tiers 1 and 2 will be fine in bigger stadiums at Premiership and Championship level, but it is ludicrous to suggest that it will be safe in smaller stadiums. 50% is too high for any venue at the moment, and it definitely doesn't make sense to half the maximum number between tiers 1 and 2, but keep the maximum percentage the same.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Looks like Nottinghamshire is Tier 3, so no fans allowed in.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Cambridge in tier 2, our first game with 2000 home fans for them.
It's a good start though.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Carlisle also in tier 2, not sure if this is helping us.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Martin do you known for how long ifollow/EFL will do the video stream for all games. Say a team has 4000 eligible supporters but no away supporters allowed will they still continue to stream the games?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:33 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Martin do you known for how long ifollow/EFL will do the video stream for all games. Say a team has 4000 eligible supporters but no away supporters allowed will they still continue to stream the games?

I am fairly sure that when the season started it was stated that matches would be broadcast online while ever crowd capacities were restricted to 50% or less. Once it reached that level they were planning to review the situation.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Martin do you known for how long ifollow/EFL will do the video stream for all games. Say a team has 4000 eligible supporters but no away supporters allowed will they still continue to stream the games?

I am fairly sure that when the season started it was stated that matches would be broadcast online while ever crowd capacities were restricted to 50% or less. Once it reached that level they were planning to review the situation.

Thanks Dave. Would seem a bit unfair if the streaming is stopped at a time when away fans aren’t allowed to attend but let’s see.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm

I wonder if they continue to screen matches for away fans?

I'm sure there would be some technical hurdles to overcome, but I would guess the loss to the home club and surrounding economy would be negligible (especially at our level).

It would be interesting to see any research around it
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:09 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I wonder if they continue to screen matches for away fans?

I'm sure there would be some technical hurdles to overcome, but I would guess the loss to the home club and surrounding economy would be negligible (especially at our level).

It would be interesting to see any research around it

There’s probably some stats available for the last few season’s midweek games of the effect of streaming (or not) on attendances. You could probably work out from there roughly how many supporters are ‘lost’ due to streaming although there won’t be anything available for Saturday 3pm games.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:15 pm

At the moment, there are no areas with EFL teams that are in Tier 1.
Therefore, the biggest crowd any team can have in is 2,000.
I don't think there will be any change to the availability of the streaming service for quite a while yet.

On a different note, I would imagine Gary Neville will be kicking off as he was already saying that it will be unfair that some teams have 'home support' and others don't. Looking at the league table and the tier announcements, it appears that Salford are the only English team in the top 10 of L2 that won't be allowed any supporters in the ground.
Dave Wayne
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Yes I'm sure they will.

See also viewtopic.php?p=857564#p857564
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:At the moment, there are no areas with EFL teams that are in Tier 1.
I don't think there will be any change to the availability of the streaming service for quite a while yet.

On a different note, I would imagine Gary Neville will be kicking off as he was already saying that it will be unfair that some teams have 'home support' and others don't. Looking at the league table and the tier announcements, it appears that Salford are the only English team in the top 10 of L2 that won't be allowed any supporters in the ground.

I agree with Gary Neville, this clearly gives an advantage to teams in tier 1 and 2. Whilst I want supporters back, it should only be when they can return to every team in that division.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Rob wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:At the moment, there are no areas with EFL teams that are in Tier 1.

I agree with Gary Neville, this clearly gives an advantage to teams in tier 1 and 2. Whilst I want supporters back, it should only be when they can return to every team in that division.

Don’t agree.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:42 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

Don’t agree.

What don’t you agree with Belly - that the crowd gives a home advantage (taken for granted but not proven) or that home fans shouldn’t be allowed to return until everyone can?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:48 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

Don’t agree.

What don’t you agree with Belly - that the crowd gives a home advantage (taken for granted but not proven) or that home fans shouldn’t be allowed to return until everyone can?

I don’t agree that the whole division shouldn’t be allowed to return until the whole division can. We should be grateful that any fans can go in. To suggest not letting fans in unless the whole league can is petty. Imagine if Mansfield were in Tier 1 but fans were banned because Morecambe was in Tier 3. And how would it apply for the FA Cup etc ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:52 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

Don’t agree.

I don’t agree that the whole division shouldn’t be allowed to return until the whole division can. We should be grateful that any fans can go in. To suggest not letting fans in unless the whole league can is petty. Imagine if Mansfield were in Tier 1 but fans were banned because Morecambe was in Tier 3. And how would it apply for the FA Cup etc ?

I agree with that. Do think though that clubs should make some away tickets available (say ten per cent) provided that the away team is located in the same tier or similar, if all home season ticket holders have taken up their allocation.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:09 pm

All home clubs have crowd advantage, actually limiting to 50% gives the away team a advantage, their is no level playing field in football, never has been, the big clubs have a bigger fan base
and so more revenue than smaller clubs, Home fans will take some organising even talking 50%. allowing away fans would be a nightmare. any thing that can be done to help our clubs should be welcomed
bear 73
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:29 pm

bear 73 wrote:All home clubs have crowd advantage, actually limiting to 50% gives the away team a advantage, their is no level playing field in football, never has been, the big clubs have a bigger fan base
and so more revenue than smaller clubs, Home fans will take some organising even talking 50%. allowing away fans would be a nightmare. any thing that can be done to help our clubs should be welcomed

Agree and inter region travel should be discouraged at the moment. That’s assuming that most home fans are actually from the area that they support. Which rules out Liverpool and Man Utd ;)

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum