{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Aaron O'Driscoll signed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O'Driscoll signed

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:05 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Looked tidy yesterday. Ideal signing for cover this on the face of it, young and will be chomping at the bit to impress and work his way in to the side firstly and then up the leagues you would hope.

Pretty confident now that Coughlan meant one more signing on top of O’Driscoll. Squad is nearly there!

Well we have the polish lad still on trial according to the other thread so probably at least one more to come.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:15 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I'm liking the potential that this team has, so much better than all the have beens we've signed over the past few managers.

Think the central defence positions are sorted now

Ive always wanted the club to go down this route.

Radfords money should put us in pole position when looking to sign the best young talent around.

Reminds me of signings like CJ, Clucas, Taffazolli (who also came from Southampton I believe) and I'm sure there's a lot more I can't remember.

Hopefully these lads are hungry for success and not just a pay check like some of the mercenaries we've had. They have a chance to build something here and become heroes by gaining promotion in a few years with all fingers crossed. On paper it's looking good I feel. Surely there's no way we can be worse than last year, right?? :lol:

Fans'll want promotion sooner than that or knives'll be out. :lol:

We need to move on from getting rid of managers if they don't achieve promotion and build something over a few years. Say we fall short of play offs, will the faithful be calling for GC's head even after the garbage season we had under Dempster? Hopefully not

Think it will depend on entertainment value, whether there's visible signs of effort and improvement, and a clear direction of what the club wants to do under this management team.
So far he talks a good game, the fitness and effort levels have shot up, and he seems to know what he wants.

Bit worried that we seem to have a lack of options to change shape, so seemingly we may lack a Plan B, but we will have to see how it pans out.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Good research Sam. Interesting that his Dad was managed by former Stag, Roddy Collins, at Bohemians but he was not a fan as Roddy Collins left him out of the side.

It looks like Maurice has kept Aaron's feet on the floor and told him to keep working hard.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 pm

I'm looking forward to see how much we get when we sell him to Liverpool though.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Re: Aaron O'Driscoll signed

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:39 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:47 am

hate to say it, however we still haven’t addressed that quality signing in front of goal, we need our number 9 ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:27 am

yorkshire stag wrote:hate to say it, however we still haven’t addressed that quality signing in front of goal, we need our number 9 ?

Andy Cook?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:54 am

I think that’s the answer... won’t be the right one for some. I’m ok with it if he’s fit and focussed
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:04 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:hate to say it, however we still haven’t addressed that quality signing in front of goal, we need our number 9 ?

Andy Cook?

Ummmm No
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:14 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Andy Cook?

Ummmm No

Well some are gonna be upset, I can't see us signing another striker when we've got Cook, Rose, Reid, Bowery and Knowles. Unless Knowles goes on loan, or Cook or Rose leave I think that's what we'll go with.

Strike force wise, I think we're okay. We just need midfielders and defenders to chip in with goals to help the strikers out.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:51 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Andy Cook?

Ummmm No

Well some are gonna be upset, I can't see us signing another striker when we've got Cook, Rose, Reid, Bowery and Knowles. Unless Knowles goes on loan, or Cook or Rose leave I think that's what we'll go with.

Strike force wise, I think we're okay. We just need midfielders and defenders to chip in with goals to help the strikers out.

I agree. On a reduced squad size do we need more than 5 strikers competing for 2 places?

Like you say, if GC wants a striker he'd have to get rid of one first. With the reduced wage cap and less player power I can't see any moving on for what would likely be less money.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:06 am

I suspect that, unless Cook wants to leave, this is our strike force working on a, basis of him and Rose scoring low to mid teens each which would be fine as long as midfield pitch in (and this doesn't include penalties)
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:19 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Looked tidy yesterday. Ideal signing for cover this on the face of it, young and will be chomping at the bit to impress and work his way in to the side firstly and then up the leagues you would hope.

Pretty confident now that Coughlan meant one more signing on top of O’Driscoll. Squad is nearly there!

Well we have the polish lad still on trial according to the other thread so probably at least one more to come.

He should shine :lol:
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 am

West Ham 1969 wrote:

I've heard he used to work at t'Shiny car wash in Sutton part time.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:26 am

Spiritater wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:

I've heard he used to work at t'Shiny car wash in Sutton part time.

:roll:
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:29 am

Sorry I should have said t'Polish, but that's just silly isn't it. Stones and t'glass houses spring to mind.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:47 am

I think Aaron becomes the fourth “Irish” player at the club along with Ryan Sweeney (Kingston Upon Thames), Harry Charsley (Birkenhead) and Corey O’Keeffe (Birmingham). Jamie Reid (Torquay) also played for Northern Ireland U21s. However Aaron O’Driscoll is the only one born in Ireland as he is from Dublin. I’m pretty sure Joe Riley must have Irish connections with his surname and being from Blackpool. I was surprised that Conrad Logan never became our No 1 keeper under Graham Coughlan. :lol:
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:07 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think Aaron becomes the fourth “Irish” player at the club along with Ryan Sweeney (Kingston Upon Thames), Harry Charsley (Birkenhead) and Corey O’Keeffe (Birmingham). Jamie Reid (Torquay) also played for Northern Ireland U21s. However Aaron O’Driscoll is the only one born in Ireland as he is from Dublin. I’m pretty sure Joe Riley must have Irish connections with his surname and being from Blackpool. I’m pretty sure Joe Riley must have Irish connections with his surname and being from Blackpool. I was surprised that Conrad Logan never became our No 1 keeper under Graham Coughlan. :lol:

My eyes going funny ,two Joe Riley's from Blackpool :lol: :lol: Thats Irish :lol: :lol:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:09 am

Love this type of signing and the direction GC is taking us...
The last youngster we picked up from Saints turned out OK...

Refreshing change from signing the likes of Diamond and Mirfin on massive deals

Well done GC.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:14 am

The Stags did not sign Ryan Tafazolli from Southampton although he was a former Southampton U21 player. Tafa had already been released by the Saints in 2011. He had trials with Reading, Southend United and Eastleigh and played for Concord Rangers. He was playing for Cambridge City in the Southern Premier League when the Stags signed him in August 2012.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:40 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I think Aaron becomes the fourth “Irish” player at the club along with Ryan Sweeney (Kingston Upon Thames), Harry Charsley (Birkenhead) and Corey O’Keeffe (Birmingham). Jamie Reid (Torquay) also played for Northern Ireland U21s. However Aaron O’Driscoll is the only one born in Ireland as he is from Dublin. I’m pretty sure Joe Riley must have Irish connections with his surname and being from Blackpool. I was surprised that Conrad Logan never became our No 1 keeper under Graham Coughlan. :lol:

James Clarke too.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Wasn't that donkey Bradley from Southampton,I say donkey, he still gave me a great memorable moment albeit in a Direites shirt.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:07 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Love this type of signing and the direction GC is taking us...

Well done GC.
Yet some on here would say the manager who signed those two and others was the nearest to get us to League 1. And would have done had he not decided to go to China
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Love this type of signing and the direction GC is taking us...

Well done GC.
Yet some on here would say the manager who signed those two and others was the nearest to get us to League 1. And would have done had he not decided to go to China

Well they would say that, because you know, it’s true?

You can criticise some of his poor signings like Mirfin and Diamond, but that doesn’t change the situation we was in before he left for China. Let’s stop clutching at straws, and move on.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum