{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ifollow v Crawley

Postby acasman » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:41 pm

I had screen freeze every 12 seconds (yes I timed it) before the match. Logged out and then back in again not another problem throughout.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby sunray » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:28 pm

I had a similiar problem on a previous game and found by viewing on a 30 seconds delay there was no problem. Just moved the slider at the bottom back slightly.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:46 pm

It really is just an average product with end users regularly having problems getting access to live streams.
But its not just that side of I follow. The match replay for the Crawley game is still not available to view and so monthly subscribers are not getting what they are paying for. E mail the company and you are lucky to get a reply after a week. All in all barely fit for purpose
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:14 pm

it was awful towards the end of the game, it was just buffering all the time. usually Ok, and it wasn't my internet.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Chander Lear wrote:it was awful towards the end of the game, it was just buffering all the time. usually Ok, and it wasn't my internet.

Then it was you. Martin says so. It’s a great product and if it goes wrong it’s you or your internet not I follow. So stop complaining, pay your money and shut up.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:49 pm

There is a delay anyway. Cook's goal was on Sky before we saw it. Lol.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:50 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:It really is just an average product with end users regularly having problems getting access to live streams.
But its not just that side of I follow. The match replay for the Crawley game is still not available to view and so monthly subscribers are not getting what they are paying for. E mail the company and you are lucky to get a reply after a week. All in all barely fit for purpose

Sorry that the full match replay of the Crawley game is not available. I had not realised that.

I had a look in the system and I can see that the file is set to "draft" which probably explains the problem. I've sent a note to Mark and Ryan and asked if they can get it changed.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Kernow wrote:There is a delay anyway. Cook's goal was on Sky before we saw it. Lol.

yes, there is a 30 second delay on a live stream on the internet. I have the live stream in front of me at each match, and depending on the speed of the broadband at the ground, it is 30 seconds behind, sometimes a minute behind. I'd suggest pausing your Gillette Soccer Saturday for a minute!
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:It really is just an average product with end users regularly having problems getting access to live streams.

Sorry that the full match replay of the Crawley game is not available. I had not realised that.

I had a look in the system and I can see that the file is set to "draft" which probably explains the problem. I've sent a note to Mark and Ryan and asked if they can get it changed.

EFL have now fixed this and the full match replay of the Crawley game is now available. Sorry about that and thanks for flagging it up.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:16 pm

Thank you Martin for the reply and the update. You do a brilliant job no doubt
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:17 pm

as always, if anyone wants help with issues with iFollow, then feel free to drop me a note and I'll try my best to resolve. I have helped a couple of people resolve connection issues in the last couple of weeks.

EFL receives 1000 complaints per week. There was an interesting article about it a couple of weeks ago:

--------------------------

from https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... clubs.html

EFL's live streaming service iFollow has generated more than £11million for clubs this season but attracts 1,000 'complaints' EACH WEEKEND as fans struggle to log on and sound and vision are not in sync
- iFollow service has given fans a lifeline to watch their clubs during lockdown
- More than one million streams have been delivered from matches this season
- Clubs have secured vital revenue but it is a fraction of usual gate receipts
- Service has been hit by problems that have affected 1% of customers
- A Papa John's Trophy game made just £330, equivalent of 33 £10 match passes

By CHARLIE WALKER FOR MAILONLINE, 18 November 2020

Clubs in the EFL have generated more than £11 million from streaming live league and cup matches this season, but the service is attracting 1,000 'complaints' every weekend, Sportsmail can reveal

The income from streaming games is welcomed by clubs, but it accounts for little more than one tenth of the revenue they would have made from matchday ticket sales if fans had been in grounds.

And the experience for some fans falls short of expectations with common problems including, live feeds not starting until part way through the game and the commentary and images being out of sync.

The majority of teams in the Championship, League One and League Two have been streaming their fixtures via the iFollow service and typically the platform attracts 100,000 users each weekend.

Although not every encounter has excited the punters, with one Papa John's Trophy match generating just £330, the equivalent of 33 £10 match passes.

Over 11 rounds of league games, total domestic revenue stands at £7.7 million, with each weekend of fixtures bringing in £796,000 and midweek matches making £620,000.

In total, 1.26 million people have accessed EFL matches, which includes 483,000 season ticket holders and 772,000 buying match passes.

And in addition, 267,000 fans have watched FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy games, generating a further £2.7m.

Fans from abroad have been logging on to get their fix, too, spending £1.4 million to watch the action.

Exact arrangements can vary between clubs, but generally supporters can access the live stream by redeeming their season ticket, purchasing a matchday pass for £10 or a season pass.

Fan forums and club websites have documented problems in streaming during the last few months.

One Norwich fan went online after his side won 1-0 away at Huddersfield Town.

'My iFollow didn't start till the 12th minute and thereafter the commentary was 30 seconds behind,' said the disgruntled supporter, who was fortunate the Canaries' winner, from Adam Idah, was scored in the 80th minute.

'I shall be asking for a full refund on the basis that I didn't get the full match that I paid for. I suggest everyone does the same and refuse a credit. It won't get better unless we complain.'

Despite the problems, the iFollow service has maintained a valuable link between clubs and fans, and created a lifeline of revenue for sides crippled by the absence of crowds.

The EFL points out that overall, despite the challenges, the scheme has been a success in unprecedented circumstances.

'This has been a massive operation for us,' said a spokeswoman. ' We cannot say it is without fault, but we have to look at the amount of streams that have been successfully delivered.'

The number of complaints was reported to the EFL clubs meeting last week. While they were listed as complaints in a report about iFollow performance, the EFL told Sportsmail they do not all relate to poor service. For example, they include instances where people have inputted the wrong code or had other connectivity problems such as a poor WiFi connection.

The EFL says overall, one million streams have been completed and the average number of complaints or issues each weekend amounts to one per cent.

'We have had technical issues and we continue to work through those,' added the spokeswoman.

While the income from the live streams is welcome, it is small beer compared to the revenue from a normal matchday with fans present. A point the EFL is keen to stress.

Football finance analyst, Kieran Maguire, who has studied the figures and agrees the value to clubs is limited.

'It's a welcome contribution for clubs, but it is not the answer to their financial needs and especially for those clubs in League One and Two,' said Maguire, a lecturer at the University of Liverpool.

'Clubs are getting 10 to 15 per cent of the money they would expect to get through the turnstiles. It is not a replacement for ticket sales.'

Maguire points out that the financial crisis among League Two, One and Championship clubs still requires external intervention and discussions with the Premier League over a bail out are yet to be concluded.

In the lower leagues, EFL is still pushing for the Premier League to convert its offer of £20m of grants and £30m of loans into one pot of £50m in grants.

The EFL argues clubs simply cannot take on more debt.

Meanwhile, the EFL and Premier League continue to work out how to support the Championship clubs. The latest suggestion is for a £200m loan facility for second tier teams, which was suggested at an EFL meeting last week, but details have yet to emerge.

'There seems to be a concept without any meat on the bones,' QPR chief executive Lee Hoos told Sportsmail.

'But at least the Premier League is now talking about the Championship, whereas before the Championship was frozen out altogether.'

Hoos is not optimistic that the EFL and Premier League will come to an agreement soon, fearing it could be weeks rather than days.

Loans to Championship clubs would be repayable from regular payments the Premier League makes to them each year.

-------------------------
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Today’s ifollow

Postby Lick » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Just getting subscribe to match I’m season ticket holder anyone the same
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Today’s ifollow

Postby part time pete » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:00 pm

It’s away so you have to pay
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Lick » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Silly me I anyt paid lol
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:11 pm

Anybody else having problems logging in . Go on to iFollow site and select league 2 then go to select your club and it just says select league first .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:10 pm

First time I’ve ever done it and I couldn’t believe how easy it was. I created an account then paid my tenner then clicked go to match, clicked today’s match and it started. Not had any buffering or any problems at all. Would definitely use it again.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:02 pm

I've normally watched it on my tablet but today watched it on our main TV, the picture quality was excellent and connection wasn't lost once, unfortunately!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby OllertonStag » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi, tech question. Just moved house so no t'internet yet.
Does anybody know how many gigs i would use to stream tonight's match on ifollow through my phone? Also would it use more to hotspot it to my laptop?
Thanks for any help, don't want to miss the match :lol:
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:16 pm

OllertonStag wrote:Hi, tech question. Just moved house so no t'internet yet.
Does anybody know how many gigs i would use to stream tonight's match on ifollow through my phone? Also would it use more to hotspot it to my laptop?

I streamed the grimsby game over 4G on my phone on saturday (busted modem :cry:), running through IPTV... It ate up over 4gb's!.Ifollow runs in high HD quality so likes to eat your data.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby OllertonStag » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

I streamed the grimsby game over 4G on my phone on saturday (busted modem :cry:), running through IPTV... It ate up over 4gb's!.Ifollow runs in high HD quality so likes to eat your data.

Cheers for that, shouldn't be a problem then. Got 40 something gb left this month.
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wh_Stag » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:55 pm

OllertonStag wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Cheers for that, shouldn't be a problem then. Got 40 something gb left this month.

Hi, Keep an eye on how much data you phone uses. I streamed a game the other week thinking it would take about 4-5 gb and it took nearly 15, I think EE saw I was using a lot in one go and took more off so id have to pay to top up before my next bill. Ive complained and waiting to hear back from them.
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby OllertonStag » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Wh_Stag wrote:
OllertonStag wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Hi, Keep an eye on how much data you phone uses. I streamed a game the other week thinking it would take about 4-5 gb and it took nearly 15, I think EE saw I was using a lot in one go and took more off so id have to pay to top up before my next bill. Ive complained and waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby acasman » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 am

Morning all. Been trying to get a refund from ifollow since the Barrow game with no success. They responded to my first e mail but nothing since despite 4 follow ups. Ticket office gave me a direct dial no but they have stopped answering calls and ask for e mail contact ! Anyone had any joy following a different route ?
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Walton Stag » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 am

“I've normally watched it on my tablet but today watched it on our main TV, the picture quality was excellent and connection wasn't lost once, unfortunately!”

How did you do that,Rob? I contacted iFollow and they told me you could not watch it on a TV as it was only designed for iPads and phones.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:10 am

Walton Stag wrote:“I've normally watched it on my tablet but today watched it on our main TV, the picture quality was excellent and connection wasn't lost once, unfortunately!”

How did you do that,Rob? I contacted iFollow and they told me you could not watch it on a TV as it was only designed for iPads and phones.

Play it on a laptop with a HDMI cable attached to the TV.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum