{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

James Perch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: James Perch

Postby KJW STAG » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:14 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
The One wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:I played him and against bappa in my school days.

Which two of the three came good ? :D

Hahaa. I had my heart set on a different career, actually.

Stagsnet reporter ,way better than that Chad bloke :)
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:37 am

Norman wrote:Released by a poor Scunny team ? Could be a last pay day . Hope it works out!

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:40 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Norman wrote:Released by a poor Scunny team ? Could be a last pay day . Hope it works out!

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

Could be all Bucks fizz and the land of make believe :D
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:57 am

Welcome James. Hope your stay is long and successful!
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:03 am

Was Jack Thomas a former Drezden Colts player as well or was he Woodhouse Colts?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 am

Hopefully has the same impact as what Bish did being the older head in the squad.

Still worried about the massive lack of creativity in the squad so far though I must admit.

Also we are looking very set on wing backs and no plan B option.

The usual thread that pops up every season titled "Play 4-4-2" as it stands simply cannot happen, as we have no wingers whatsoever unless it's square pegs in round holes.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Was Jack Thomas a former Drezden Colts player as well or was he Woodhouse Colts?

Woodhouse I think, Can remember playing playing against him for Teversal...

crazy to think we had a deal that any bright talents would be offered to forest first and many did go and some of us went to Derby, stags not getting a look in with local talent.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Was Jack Thomas a former Drezden Colts player as well or was he Woodhouse Colts?

I know Nathan Arnold played for Drezden Colts
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:27 am

Not only is this a good late pick up signing to replace the idiot that is Tomlinson, but he is still a better player than Tomlinson too. He will bring so much experience to the squad, even more than Bishop. He’s played far higher up the pyramid than Bishop. Hopefully good riddance to Tomlinson and a huge welcome to JP. Good luck!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:32 am

Thomas - Woodhouse, but Baptiste was at Drezden.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:41 am

Patrick Bamford played for Tevie & Muskham, stags wanted him but he went straight to forest after playing a few games for us where he rang rings around everyone. Another one was Ben Osborn
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:14 am

Really happy with this quality signing . A good blend of experience & youth in the side .
Welcome home James & good luck
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:20 am

Not really fussed by this signing, good experience and covers a few positions so good in that sense, but disciplinary record a bit of a worry. I don’t see him playing every week so that shouldn’t be a problem.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:22 am

That must have been a decent Drezden Colts junior side if it included James Perch and Alex Baptiste :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:25 am

Sedgwick wrote:Patrick Bamford played for Tevie & Muskham, stags wanted him but he went straight to forest after playing a few games for us where he rang rings around everyone. Another one was Ben Osborn

I thought Patrick Bamford played for Newark Town as he's just become their honorary president.

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... n-9118532/

Liam Lawrence played for Retford United Juniors.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:56 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Patrick Bamford played for Tevie & Muskham, stags wanted him but he went straight to forest after playing a few games for us where he rang rings around everyone. Another one was Ben Osborn

I thought Patrick Bamford played for Newark Town as he's just become their honorary president.

https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... n-9118532/

Liam Lawrence played for Retford United Juniors.

I used to work with a bloke that managed that Retford team Bobby, Dizz & Liam Played in that one, now that really must’ve been a good team
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:58 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:That must have been a decent Drezden Colts junior side if it included James Perch and Alex Baptiste :lol:

I played against that exact side a bunch of times in the following years, they were bloody rubbish without them

*Edit, actually, no wait, I think they still won everything. Maybe I'm just having repressed nightmares as I was in net.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:06 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:That must have been a decent Drezden Colts junior side if it included James Perch and Alex Baptiste :lol:

I played against that exact side a bunch of times in the following years, they were bloody rubbish without them

*Edit, actually, no wait, I think they still won everything. Maybe I'm just having repressed nightmares as I was in net.

Not sure is Baptiste was playing in Perch's final season u10's as only remember the fuss being about Perch going to Forest.

They may have won the league that season but both the KO cup and League Cup went to Woodhouse Colts. :)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:45 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

Not sure is Baptiste was playing in Perch's final season u10's as only remember the fuss being about Perch going to Forest.

They may have won the league that season but both the KO cup and League Cup went to Woodhouse Colts. :)

I remember that season... Constantly on the bench for Woodhouse Colts and being a nervous wreck!

Happy with the Perch if he can stay injury. The experience will do us good.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Scothie the Stag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

I remember that season... Constantly on the bench for Woodhouse Coltsand being a nervous wreck!

Happy with the Perch if he can stay injury. The experience will do us good.

Ironically so was I :) couple of good days out at field mill though and still have the trophies in the loft haha.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:05 pm

It's kinda obvious that perch is past his best and we take that on face value.

So was Bishop and for the vast majority of the time with us he was exactly what was needed.

What Perch needs is what Bishop didn't get - sometimes less is more - I always thought of Bish being the league 2 version of Scholes at the end and you saw how well Fergie managed him and played him 1 out of 2 games - usually in the important ones.

Whereas one size doesn't fit all - managed properly theres no reason we couldn't have a good 2/3 seasons out of him.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:36 pm

I like the fact that James Perch has generally played lots of league games for his clubs. He generally gets the games in. He has 1 Promotion, 3 Play Off Seasons and 3 Relegations. He played in the FA Cup Semi-Finals with Wigan and the Europa League Quarter Finals with Newcastle United.

Scunthorpe United
19/20 30(0) 1 Goal League 2 20th
18/19 39(2) 2 League 1 23rd (Relegated)

QPR
17/18 6(1) 0 Championship 16th
16/17 29(3) 0 Championship 18th
15/16 34(1) 0 Championship 12th

Wigan Athletic
14/15 39(2) 3 Championship 23rd (Relegated)
13/14 38(2) 0 Championship 5th (Lost in Play Offs) (FA Cup Semi-Finals)

Newcastle United
12/13 19(8) 1 Premier League 16th (Europa League Quarter Finals)
11/12 13(12) 0 Premier League 5th
10/11 9(4) 0 Premier League 12th

Nottingham Forest
09/10 14(3) 1 Championship 3rd (Lost in Play Offs)
08/09 36(1) 3 Championship 19th
07/08 19(11) 0 League 1 2nd (Promoted)
06/07 43(3) 5 League 1 4th (Lost in Play Offs)
05/06 34(3) 3 League 1 7th
04/05 17(5) 0 Championship 23rd (Relegated)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum