{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Neal Bishop Chad interview

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:45 pm

adamstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.


I can’t imagine so.

I guess it all depends on the situation also.

Most fans wanted Dempster sacked by November. Where those fans wrong?


Considering the remit for managers seems to be promotion in their first full season then no, this fans weren't in the wrong, its was blindingly obvious we weren't fit enough or disciplined enough for promotion.

Just this whole "1 season or the manager is out" malarkey that's crept into the fan base since Evans kept declaring promotion was a certainty and then abandoned ship to Peterborough, China.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 21, 2020 4:48 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.



that will be a nightmare if that happens. I think we will see a return of passion and hopefully quality again next season. We won't have a load of players who ballsed up two amazing chances of promotion and I hope the players brought in will be hungry to prove themselves and will buy into GC's style of play and philosophy
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby adamstag » Thu May 21, 2020 4:52 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.



that will be a nightmare if that happens. I think we will see a return of passion and hopefully quality again next season. We won't have a load of players who ballsed up two amazing chances of promotion and I hope the players brought in will be hungry to prove themselves and will buy into GC's style of play and philosophy


Agreed, hopefully we won’t have players which ballsed up promotion twice (and a manager once) and we can move on. I think those 2 seasons scarred a lot of us.

The collapse last season by the management and the players was in a way outstanding, it was almost impossible to achieve.

GC seems a sound choice, hopefully when next season starts again were good to go.

Returning to bish whereas it was time for him to go, by god he’ll be hard to replace!
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 21, 2020 5:01 pm

adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.



that will be a nightmare if that happens. I think we will see a return of passion and hopefully quality again next season. We won't have a load of players who ballsed up two amazing chances of promotion and I hope the players brought in will be hungry to prove themselves and will buy into GC's style of play and philosophy


Agreed, hopefully we won’t have players which ballsed up promotion twice (and a manager once) and we can move on. I think those 2 seasons scarred a lot of us.

The collapse last season by the management and the players was in a way outstanding, it was almost impossible to achieve.

GC seems a sound choice, hopefully when next season starts again were good to go.

Returning to bish whereas it was time for him to go, by god he’ll be hard to replace!



Who are our midfielders now? Tomlinson and Charsley? Not sure Tomlinson is the answer for bishops role but it'll be nice to have a fresh midfield.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu May 21, 2020 5:02 pm

The Radfords have been banging on about promotion being the aim for years now, Unless he comes out and tells us otherwise then the manager whoever it is will always be under pressure to achieve it.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby adamstag » Thu May 21, 2020 5:05 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
adamstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.



that will be a nightmare if that happens. I think we will see a return of passion and hopefully quality again next season. We won't have a load of players who ballsed up two amazing chances of promotion and I hope the players brought in will be hungry to prove themselves and will buy into GC's style of play and philosophy


Agreed, hopefully we won’t have players which ballsed up promotion twice (and a manager once) and we can move on. I think those 2 seasons scarred a lot of us.

The collapse last season by the management and the players was in a way outstanding, it was almost impossible to achieve.

GC seems a sound choice, hopefully when next season starts again were good to go.

Returning to bish whereas it was time for him to go, by god he’ll be hard to replace!



Who are our midfielders now? Tomlinson and Charsley? Not sure Tomlinson is the answer for bishops role but it'll be nice to have a fresh midfield.


I believe Tomlinson would have worked better with bish had they not been so alike, playing them together never worked. Imagine him in the days of scott sellers being here for instance.

Whereas dempster had already lost the crowd by then I think it was starting with 3 defensive midfielders at home to guiseley which finished the job.

As I said in my previous messages there’s got to be several experienced heads, or enforcers etc
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 21, 2020 7:08 pm

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s a few bits to pick up on, the manager will be bringing in a lot of new players, and is under pressure to use the youth players.


The problem with that, is that it takes years to build up an academy to a standard that produces players that will leave for decent money, that’s if they don’t get picked up for peanuts by higher division clubs before they even hit the first team. Also, you can’t expect a manager to use the youth team if they’re not up to standard for the first team, and to be honest the ones that have played currently aren’t good enough to get in the squad.


I completely agree, the managers hand are tied if he is forced to use youth who aren’t good enough.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s a few bits to pick up on, the manager will be bringing in a lot of new players, and is under pressure to use the youth players.


The problem with that, is that it takes years to build up an academy to a standard that produces players that will leave for decent money, that’s if they don’t get picked up for peanuts by higher division clubs before they even hit the first team. Also, you can’t expect a manager to use the youth team if they’re not up to standard for the first team, and to be honest the ones that have played currently aren’t good enough to get in the squad.


I completely agree, the managers hand are tied if he is forced to use youth who aren’t good enough.


lol no way will he have to survive on youth, watch JR back his manager like he does every season
Tick Tock
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9762
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 21, 2020 7:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s a few bits to pick up on, the manager will be bringing in a lot of new players, and is under pressure to use the youth players.


The problem with that, is that it takes years to build up an academy to a standard that produces players that will leave for decent money, that’s if they don’t get picked up for peanuts by higher division clubs before they even hit the first team. Also, you can’t expect a manager to use the youth team if they’re not up to standard for the first team, and to be honest the ones that have played currently aren’t good enough to get in the squad.


I completely agree, the managers hand are tied if he is forced to use youth who aren’t good enough.



Will this turn into Flitgate part 2? It seemed that hymas was pining for youth players to start getting first match game time because he had put a good chunk of money into the youth academy. It was pretty funny to see the former youth team manager to release most of the players hymas wanted in the first team.

I think we would all love to see a youth team player claim his place in the first team but from what we saw last season the only ones I'd have near the first team is Knowles and maybe Law. Trying to force in youth and go for promotion are both pretty difficult objectives to achieve in one season. Took crewe a good few years to get to the right end of the table with their academy coming through
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 21, 2020 7:39 pm

From my limited time watching some of the young ones that have broken through, I only see Knowles making it with us. Like I say I haven’t seen many of the youth team so am no expert. I know how incredibly difficult it is for the young lads to step up. I was disappointed with Smith but then again most of the squad have been rubbish so far this season.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:From my limited time watching some of the young ones that have broken through, I only see Knowles making it with us. Like I say I haven’t seen many of the youth team so am no expert. I know how incredibly difficult it is for the young lads to step up. I was disappointed with Smith but then again most of the squad have been rubbish so far this season.



Smith has looked very lost when I've seen him play. I felt quite bad for him in the horrific 3-2 defeat to Orient, brought on around 60 minutes and was chasing shadows for half an hour. Doesn't look league two standard
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby adamstag » Thu May 21, 2020 8:04 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:There’s a few bits to pick up on, the manager will be bringing in a lot of new players, and is under pressure to use the youth players.


The problem with that, is that it takes years to build up an academy to a standard that produces players that will leave for decent money, that’s if they don’t get picked up for peanuts by higher division clubs before they even hit the first team. Also, you can’t expect a manager to use the youth team if they’re not up to standard for the first team, and to be honest the ones that have played currently aren’t good enough to get in the squad.


I completely agree, the managers hand are tied if he is forced to use youth who aren’t good enough.



Will this turn into Flitgate part 2? It seemed that hymas was pining for youth players to start getting first match game time because he had put a good chunk of money into the youth academy. It was pretty funny to see the former youth team manager to release most of the players hymas wanted in the first team.

I think we would all love to see a youth team player claim his place in the first team but from what we saw last season the only ones I'd have near the first team is Knowles and maybe Law. Trying to force in youth and go for promotion are both pretty difficult objectives to achieve in one season. Took crewe a good few years to get to the right end of the table with their academy coming through


Battle lines have been drawn and fought on that, no point in going on over it again.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu May 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Although Smith plays a few good balls occasionally, he simply isn't up to scratch yet for this league. He needs to up his game and try and win the ball back if he loses it. Far too many times last (this) season, he just stood and watched men go past him when he lost the ball. It's no good having a pretty style if you can't keep up with the pace of the game. I don't think we will see much of him in the future.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Although Smith plays a few good balls occasionally, he simply isn't up to scratch yet for this league. He needs to up his game and try and win the ball back if he loses it. Far too many times last (this) season, he just stood and watched men go past him when he lost the ball. It's no good having a pretty style if you can't keep up with the pace of the game. I don't think we will see much of him in the future.


Agree Smith simply isn't good enough, he had promise but for most will be forever associated with the capitulation against Leyton Orient and so is already on a back footing in terms of reputation. I'd like to be proven wrong by him but as mentioned his will to win the ball back is a concern.

A fit Jordan Graham may still have potential but needs to prove he can stay fit.

Knowles and Sinclair have big years ahead of them, I'd love nothing more than for them to establish themselves in the squad.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Forgot about Sinclair, from what I've seen on video I would have him in the first team squad for next season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Forgot about Sinclair, from what I've seen on video I would have him in the first team squad for next season


some would say still to lightweight
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9762
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Forgot about Sinclair, from what I've seen on video I would have him in the first team squad for next season


some would say still to lightweight



as cliche as it is, if he's good enough then he should play. looks a real handful and could be a technical attacker which we very much need
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Beano » Fri May 22, 2020 8:40 am

Interesting article, including quotes from Bishop about the current situation around contracts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52680375
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Forgot about Sinclair, from what I've seen on video I would have him in the first team squad for next season


some would say still to lightweight



as cliche as it is, if he's good enough then he should play. looks a real handful and could be a technical attacker which we very much need


watched him a couple of times in pre season with the first team & again in his age group at Retford

the difference was very noticeable

however been out on loan & pre season with the GC

you never know good luck to him
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9762
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri May 22, 2020 1:26 pm



full interview here --> https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottinghamS ... 242433303/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19919
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Rob » Fri May 22, 2020 1:48 pm

adamstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.


I can’t imagine so.

I guess it all depends on the situation also.

Most fans wanted Dempster sacked by November. Where those fans wrong?


You'll be first in the queue calling for his head Adam, and you know it ;)

Nice to read the honest interview from Bish, who was outstanding in his first season. He, like the rest of the squad, struggled this season under both managers and I am sure he will now be taking up a coaching role somewhere, either Scunny or County I'd imagine. As for Smith, he's only a young lad, has a strong physique and I am sure will improve - writing him off now after so few full games is very premature.
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4739
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Dan » Fri May 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.


I can’t imagine so.

I guess it all depends on the situation also.

Most fans wanted Dempster sacked by November. Where those fans wrong?


You'll be first in the queue calling for his head Adam, and you know it ;)

Nice to read the honest interview from Bish, who was outstanding in his first season. He, like the rest of the squad, struggled this season under both managers and I am sure he will now be taking up a coaching role somewhere, either Scunny or County I'd imagine. As for Smith, he's only a young lad, has a strong physique and I am sure will improve - writing him off now after so few full games is very premature.


But very stagsnet!
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.


I can’t imagine so.

I guess it all depends on the situation also.

Most fans wanted Dempster sacked by November. Where those fans wrong?


You'll be first in the queue calling for his head Adam, and you know it ;)

Nice to read the honest interview from Bish, who was outstanding in his first season. He, like the rest of the squad, struggled this season under both managers and I am sure he will now be taking up a coaching role somewhere, either Scunny or County I'd imagine. As for Smith, he's only a young lad, has a strong physique and I am sure will improve - writing him off now after so few full games is very premature.


But very stagsnet!


Seems a legitimate opinion from what Smith has displayed to us so far. Needs to improve. Whether we allow him that luxury is another question.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby Jimstag » Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Forgot about Sinclair, from what I've seen on video I would have him in the first team squad for next season


some would say still to lightweight



as cliche as it is, if he's good enough then he should play. looks a real handful and could be a technical attacker which we very much need


I saw him a couple of times at Radcliffe, he’s got a lot of quality but needs to be playing regularly to improve in my opinion. If he’s good enough for 30 mins off the bench then he should be with us but it that is unlikely he should be on loan playing first team football with a review in the transfer window.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Neal Bishop Chad interview

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I guess there will be a decent proportion of our fan base will want GC sacked if promotion isn't achieved next season. If they stay true to their standards. Sad really.


I can’t imagine so.

I guess it all depends on the situation also.

Most fans wanted Dempster sacked by November. Where those fans wrong?


You'll be first in the queue calling for his head Adam, and you know it ;)

Nice to read the honest interview from Bish, who was outstanding in his first season. He, like the rest of the squad, struggled this season under both managers and I am sure he will now be taking up a coaching role somewhere, either Scunny or County I'd imagine. As for Smith, he's only a young lad, has a strong physique and I am sure will improve - writing him off now after so few full games is very premature.


But very stagsnet!



Nobody has wrote him off yet, we all want him to do well but from what we've seen so far he hasn't pulled up any trees. The entire squad was cack this season so i'm sure most fans will give him time to prove himself
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5839
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests