{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Score Fred sponsorship by Khan’s non return

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Score Fred sponsorship by Khan’s non return

Postby The One » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:01 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Looks like Macc Stevenage and Morecambe lost.

We are safe. You can quote me.

Been saying that for weeks, but doom sayers disagreed :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:04 pm

The One wrote:

Not this callsign. We are 13 clear and there’s no way Stevenage are getting close.

Hopefully those weak and spineless fans can start to look forward.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Stevenage have Paul Digby at the back.... were safe.

Next 4 games are gong to be incredibly tough, away at cheltenham will be a massive test. Take a draw now.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:06 pm

I notice he didn't fiddle around with subs..
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:08 pm

The One wrote:

I'm one of said 'doom sayers'

I can relax a bit now. 13 points and a better GD.

The Leyton Orient performance was one.of the worst in memory. I'd have taken 2 draws from those games but a win and a draw is a better points return despite the Orient performance. Anyway, greatly received 3 points.

Well done Rose and Stone. Is Stone worthy of the shirt? Will he keep it? Is he a long term replacement?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:11 pm

At least all our problems are solved now.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:13 pm

A solid workmanlike performance and much deserved clean sheet. A little unlucky not to get a second but beggars can't be choosers.

Newport are a big bundling savvy team who always try to con the ref whenever they can. We didn't give them an inch today and the game wasn't as close as the scoreline suggests (in my opinion).

Well done to each and every player and the manager for having the good sense for not changing a system that was working well.

And congratulations to our Fredder who I think now has 3 unbeaten games to his credit. Get the crisps out Spiro.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:14 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Absolutely, im all ready to celebrate a wonderful campaign, can’t wait to see who we get in the play offs.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:14 pm

WVStag wrote:At least all our problems are solved now.

If you can't enjoy a win, what's the point?

It's something to build on hopefully and nd it takes us further away from stevenage
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:17 pm

much needed 3pts well done all
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:17 pm

BigGuy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Absolutely, im all ready to celebrate a wonderful campaign, can’t wait to see who we get in the play offs.

Possible....but not probable unfortunately....Anyway..let’s hope
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Can’t fault any of them today, they finally showed the backbone required to hold on to a lead and keep a clean sheet. I can’t remember Stone having to make a save.

Ok, there were a few misplaced passes by the usual suspects in midfield, but they were mixed in with a few good ones and a desire and work rate off the ball that made up for it.

Well done lads, great win and I hope we can build on it now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Yeah good hard working performance. We probably just about deserved the win but it was a poor game overall.

I thought CJ deserved MotM.

Well done everyone involved.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Hardly makes somebody weak and spineless for accepting that this very poor side could get dragged in to a real scrap, particularly having seen how we’ve collapsed the last 2 years. Don’t let one win and Stevenage’s poor form cloud how disappointing this lot have been this year.

Anyway, good win and now everyone can relax a little easier and it should be job done in terms of staying up. Not going to get carried away, we beat a Newport side that was heavily depleted, but you can only play what’s in front of you and I’m very pleased we got a much needed 3 points. Decent battling display and on to the next one.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Every player gave their all today. Given the conditions, that’s what was needed. Well done lads.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Well done the lads and well done part time pete!!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:33 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Hardly makes somebody weak and spineless for accepting that this very poor side could get dragged in to a real scrap, particularly having seen how we’ve collapsed the last 2 years. Don’t let one win and Stevenage’s poor form cloud how disappointing this lot have been this year.

Anyway, good win and now everyone can relax a little easier and it should be job done in terms of staying up. Not going to get carried away, we beat a Newport side that was heavily depleted, but you can only play what’s in front of you and I’m very pleased we got a much needed 3 points. Decent battling display and on to the next one.

There's not nearly enough hyperbole in that for it to be acceptable, BH. Please delete and rewrite.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

WVStag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Hardly makes somebody weak and spineless for accepting that this very poor side could get dragged in to a real scrap, particularly having seen how we’ve collapsed the last 2 years. Don’t let one win and Stevenage’s poor form cloud how disappointing this lot have been this year.

There's not nearly enough hyperbole in that for it to be acceptable, BH. Please delete and rewrite.

Stop being a clever nob, WVStag
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

At least you're not rattled, anyway.

I've already said elsewhere, the win was an important and deserved one. But let's not start making out everything's brilliant off the back of this win.
Last edited by WVStag on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

A very negative poster. Not clever either. It’s the type of negativity that surrounds the club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm

BigGuy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

No one is saying the season hasn’t been an unmitigated disaster. Thing is we can start to plan for next season. This year has been a write off but we are now pretty certain that we can rectify this next season. Know what I mean ?

I see some blood letting on here as we dissect this season and why it’s gone wrong but I think everyone would agree that the hasty appointment of Dempster is the root cause and the blame lies with the board.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm

WVStag wrote:At least all our problems are solved now.

Fgs WV, just enjoy a win you joyful person!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 pm

Well done everyone.

We needed that. Other results have gone for us as well.

Things looking a lot better to night.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
WVStag wrote:

A very negative poster. Not clever either. It’s the type of negativity that surrounds the club.

I don't mind being called negative, if that's because I'm not prepared to sing from the rooftops just yet.

We all have different outlooks on football, I suppose...
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm

I really enjoyed that, sure there wasn't a lot off football on display, but there was bags of fight & character and that's what we've been lacking.

Great to see White play 90 minutes, CJ had an excellent game at wing back, Stone didn't look like a novice keeper and Rose had a stormer.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum