{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby bigalstag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:53 pm

Got this feeling though, that come June, we'll find out that we are cutting back, Coughlan has to sign 15 free transfers, and a as a special thanks for putting up with this crap season, there's a two pound increase in admission prices. It's the Mansfield Town way .
bigalstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:59 pm

So it's back to pete to let t'fred out tomorrow. FTS's clumsy bungling stab at glory has come to an ignominious end. Let that be lesson to you lad :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20701
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby The One » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:08 pm

Spiritater wrote:So it's back to pete to let t'fred out tomorrow. FTS's clumsy bungling stab at glory has come to an ignominious end. Let that be lesson to you lad :lol:



I blame FTS meddling with fred, knew no good would come of it :D
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11183
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:09 pm

Worryingi dont think JD results would have been much different to this CG results are poor poor poor and had he not been the new man I think he would have been sacked by now
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 pm

Rob wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Boring football, the most overrated squad in our history, zero fight in 90% of them. Roll on May so GC can clear this lot out, just hope if he's got some money available he assembles a good footballing side


I am not sure that is high on his priority list. Next season, if we are still in the FL, I expect us to be hard working, tough to beat but hard to watch. It's a formula that has to get results because if not, even the more moderate souls will quickly lose patience.


Good footballing league two sides are usually hard to beat.
Cleveland_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:13 pm

adamstag wrote:I honestly believe that if we stop up, which however much folks panic look likely, we’ve got a cracker of a manager in coughlan, if he can get the right players and level of fitness to implement his plans we can go far.

Basically in the summer I’d expect 3/4 players of the current squad to still be here

Someone needs to screenshot this and save it.
Adam is usually one of the first to turn on our manager when things are going bad.
Shall we take bets ? April ? September ? October ? Definitely before xmas if we aren't in the top 3. ;)
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 816
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 pm

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:So it's back to pete to let t'fred out tomorrow. FTS's clumsy bungling stab at glory has come to an ignominious end. Let that be lesson to you lad :lol:



I blame FTS meddling with fred, knew no good would come of it :D


I’ll happily shoulder the blame on this one, very poor judgement.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby yorkstag » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 pm

In my view tonight was absolutely disgraceful.
There was no fight , no pride and for Bishop to strop off down the tunnel was a disgrace.
I am one of the last to turn on the players but I can’t defend that - I can only think most of them have deals sorted because they don’t seem to give a toss whether we stay in the league or not
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:49 pm

ON THE PLUS SIDE, we still have 2 more points after 33 games than we did in 08.

Yes I know I'm scraping the barrel
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20701
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby nigegray » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:04 am

Players know they wont be here next season and have no interest in putting up a fight its a sorry old mess we find ourselves in and the quick sand is dragging us down
I have a feeling the manager will also throw the towel in at sometime in the coming weeks?
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 am

Disappointing result. Again.

One positive is that I think we are further away from Stevenage in terms of points than we were ten games ago.

Win at theirs and we will be ok.

Then we can get a bit of the dead weight overpaid losers
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14097
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:51 am

Well that’s last of those 4 fixtures against teams around us which were classed as “ 6 pointers” and we’ve come out with a massive 2 points out of them. Doesn’t bode well for the next 6 fixtures against top half teams. I think looking at those next 6, I can only see 1 point being gained and that will probably be on Saturday against Newport.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 am

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Maldon Stag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:14 am

tillydog123 wrote:Worryingi dont think JD results would have been much different to this CG results are poor poor poor and had he not been the new man I think he would have been sacked by now



I think JR has made another blooper when he head hunted the GC, why didn't he interview potential managers for the job? We was warned that he was a long ball manager who played ugly football..
Maldon Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Maldon, Essex.

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:37 am

Maldon Stag wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Worryingi dont think JD results would have been much different to this CG results are poor poor poor and had he not been the new man I think he would have been sacked by now



I think JR has made another blooper when he head hunted the GC, why didn't he interview potential managers for the job? We was warned that he was a long ball manager who played ugly football..



That ugly football that took Bristol rovers to 4th in league one. I'd sell my kidney to be 4th in league one right now :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5752
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby steiner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 am

Maynard Cook Rose should have smashed this league to smithereens but with probably the most clunky ineffective impotent midfield in the clubs history they never stood a chance.. Imagine Lawrence Corden and Kellyshowing a bit of flair and creativity and an eye for goal themselves I reckon we would have hit 100 this season.
..
User avatar
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:20 am

bellwhiff wrote:Disappointing result. Again.

One positive is that I think we are further away from Stevenage in terms of points than we were ten games ago.

Win at theirs and we will be ok.

Then we can get a bit of the dead weight overpaid losers

Wish it was that simple. I've a nasty feeling we'll be 2-0 up with 4 mins + stoppages to go, and then....
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20701
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:31 am

Maldon Stag wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Worryingi dont think JD results would have been much different to this CG results are poor poor poor and had he not been the new man I think he would have been sacked by now



I think JR has made another blooper when he head hunted the GC, why didn't he interview potential managers for the job? We was warned that he was a long ball manager who played ugly football..


How many times, we did interview managers. GC was the best of those interviewed.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:37 am

Just shows me how good Flitcroft actually was. Better than some managers before or since imo. I actually enjoyed going when he was in charge despite failing to go up. It’s better than this alternative.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby nigegray » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:17 am

Got to get white and gordon back playing asap
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Conker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:19 am

Turning against GC now is madness.

I’m fully behind the manager, he’s our only hope, despite how dismal the results have been.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Conker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:21 am

Rob wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Boring football, the most overrated squad in our history, zero fight in 90% of them. Roll on May so GC can clear this lot out, just hope if he's got some money available he assembles a good footballing side


I am not sure that is high on his priority list. Next season, if we are still in the FL, I expect us to be hard working, tough to beat but hard to watch. It's a formula that has to get results because if not, even the more moderate souls will quickly lose patience.


I’ll take that right now, but who’s to say he’s not like Evans? Hard working, tough to beat, quickly upfront - that was entertaining under him.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 am

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Boring football, the most overrated squad in our history, zero fight in 90% of them. Roll on May so GC can clear this lot out, just hope if he's got some money available he assembles a good footballing side


I am not sure that is high on his priority list. Next season, if we are still in the FL, I expect us to be hard working, tough to beat but hard to watch. It's a formula that has to get results because if not, even the more moderate souls will quickly lose patience.


I’ll take that right now, but who’s to say he’s not like Evans? Hard working, tough to beat, quickly upfront - that was entertaining under him.


GC hasn't been in the job long enough. He is probably still developing his style. He will have learnt a lot more since he has been with us. Maybe it worked in league 1 with Bristol Rovers, maybe he just got lucky, who knows?

To compare him with an experienced manager like "the Scottish manager" doesn't stack up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby adamstag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
adamstag wrote:I honestly believe that if we stop up, which however much folks panic look likely, we’ve got a cracker of a manager in coughlan, if he can get the right players and level of fitness to implement his plans we can go far.

Basically in the summer I’d expect 3/4 players of the current squad to still be here

Someone needs to screenshot this and save it.
Adam is usually one of the first to turn on our manager when things are going bad.
Shall we take bets ? April ? September ? October ? Definitely before xmas if we aren't in the top 3. ;)


If your life really is that lame be my guest.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7574
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:48 am

Let's get a bit of perspective on this.

Yes our form and style is terrible and we are quickly going down the plug hole.

BUT we are not the worst team over the last five matches, Stevenage have lost all five, Macclesfield have won a point less than us and should also have points deducted for their fixture mess. Walsall also have scored less points but already have enough to be safe.

Stevenage have won 3 times out of 33 and need 3 wins and two draws just to overtake us out of their remaining 13 games. It just isn't going to happen and there is also nothing to suggest Macclesfield will do better than us, in short we are safe, oh alright safeish.

How we will do next year is a different matter for another thread. For now let's just put our tin hats on and 'enjoy' the rest of the season.

PS. You can add Scunthorpe Newport and Forest Green to that list.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: O’s scorethread sponsored by anyone else going?

Postby Conker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:11 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Boring football, the most overrated squad in our history, zero fight in 90% of them. Roll on May so GC can clear this lot out, just hope if he's got some money available he assembles a good footballing side


I am not sure that is high on his priority list. Next season, if we are still in the FL, I expect us to be hard working, tough to beat but hard to watch. It's a formula that has to get results because if not, even the more moderate souls will quickly lose patience.


I’ll take that right now, but who’s to say he’s not like Evans? Hard working, tough to beat, quickly upfront - that was entertaining under him.


GC hasn't been in the job long enough. He is probably still developing his style. He will have learnt a lot more since he has been with us. Maybe it worked in league 1 with Bristol Rovers, maybe he just got lucky, who knows?

To compare him with an experienced manager like "the Scottish manager" doesn't stack up.


All I’m alluding to is sometimes ‘tough to beat’ ‘hard working’ can still be enjoyable under certain managers, that’s it.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hitchcocks size 10s, I am Spartacus, northern stag, Oak Tree Stag, Sandy Pate Best Stag and 20 guests