{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Score Fred sponsorship by Nathan Thomas hat trick

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Score Fred sponsorship by Nathan Thomas hat trick

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:30 pm

This season has turned into survival. As such I'm no longer bothered which players make the mistakes, how fit the players are, our style of play, how bad the substitutions are, who we release, who we bring in, whether the scoreboard works, whether the Bishop Street Stand is a disgrace, where the Radfords decide to live, what colour shirts we play in, etc etc etc.

All the matters to me now is we end up with more points than Stevenage.

That's all that matters now!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Having seen the goals on goals express, nice pass back from Charlsley for our 2nd, I dont blame Olejnik for the first, and the woeful defending for the 2nd. It should have been stopped at the near post by Benning? Having said that, our lad was so busy pulling their guys shirt instead of just heading or kicking the chuffing ball, as he was the wrong side of him, so poor, and so gutting late on! Yes one more point towards safety, when we could have had all three, and maybe not raspberries a brick every week! Because Stevenage will start to pick up points, and if they beat us, we are right in the mire!
As for all the tripe posted in here, it does get very annoying, when I thought we were here to talk about football, like a bloody schoolyard and puts you right off even reading a thread.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:32 pm

Well you just want to roll your :roll: :roll:

The mistakes are killing us .

1 more point on the board and march on to next game .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Looks like we’re on some form of suicide mission
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:42 pm

1 point further further away from Stevenage

Could have, and should have been but at least managed a point.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby x-type » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:48 pm

We’ve been on a suicide mission/relegation battle since last August and when it’s over one way or other this squad of players want shipping out on mass
x-type
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:10 am

Most of these players would struggle in a Sunday leave side. Unable to do the simple things, game after game. No responsibility, either collectively, or as individuals. Wish we could get rid of every single one of them, now.
Unfortunately we have another 3 months of these cowards to put up with, before the end of the season. We should change our emblem to 11 white feathers, rather than a Stag
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:52 am

yorkshire stag wrote:oh my days, you know the worst thing about that? Every stags fan in the ground knew it was coming sad isn’t it

we all knew it, as soon as Nick scored the 2nd I said to old stag we need another. the predictability of it all is alarming. thank the lord there was only 4 mins added any longer and Utd wouldve got another
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:GC saying that Macca came off through exhaustion. Wasn’t that in the first half .

Isn’t he a professional footballer ?

He hasn’t got a clue what exhaustion is.

He looked like he tweaked his hamstring. I think GC was trying to say that the fatigue course the muscle injury, although he didn’t make it very clear you’re right.

3 training sessions a day is bound to stress the body.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:28 am

The weather ruined that game. I’ve never seen so many throw ins from the Bishop street side. Maynards finishing should have won us the game. Carlisle were fortunate imo to get a point, but that’s football and we’re a point further away from the drop.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:01 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:The weather ruined that game. I’ve never seen so many throw ins from the Bishop street side. Maynards finishing should have won us the game. Carlisle were fortunate imo to get a point, but that’s football and we’re a point further away from the drop.

I’d have settled for a point before the game, but wappy defending of the late, late free-kick has left me lamenting two points lost.

Apart from the impact of the weather, I DO think we have showed signs of improved play so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t gather 3 points next Saturday at Morecambe.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:23 am

bigalstag wrote:Most of these players would struggle in a Sunday leave side. Unable to do the simple things, game after game. No responsibility, either collectively, or as individuals. Wish we could get rid of every single one of them, now.
Unfortunately we have another 3 months of these cowards to put up with, before the end of the season. We should change our emblem to 11 white feathers, rather than a Stag

I thought we defended well yesterday. The new lads positioning and reading of the game was good. We weathered the first half storm against the wind and looked comfortable at 2 nil. Bobby has cost us in that the first goal should be saved. The ball is in the air for eons. Just step back on your line first then deal with the ball rather than floundering. The second ball should have been cleared at the near post. After that ball got through we were in deep trouble. One keeper error and one bad defending instance.
Otherwise a big improvement as earlier in the season we were making numerous mistakes every game mostly unpunished.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:02 pm

bigalstag wrote:Most of these players would struggle in a Sunday leave side. Unable to do the simple things, game after game. No responsibility, either collectively, or as individuals. Wish we could get rid of every single one of them, now.

That’s what’s needed: a really thoughtful and balanced comment.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:The weather ruined that game. I’ve never seen so many throw ins from the Bishop street side. Maynards finishing should have won us the game. Carlisle were fortunate imo to get a point, but that’s football and we’re a point further away from the drop.

I’d have settled for a point before the game, but wappy defending of the late, late free-kick has left me lamenting two points lost.

Apart from the impact of the weather, I DO think we have showed signs of improved play so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t gather 3 points next Saturday at Morecambe.

Totally agree Edwinstowe.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:32 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

There are many reasons why we could come home empty handed too.

1. The overnight stop.

2. Being unable to handle t'pressure of a 6 pointer.

3. Putting in a Clownty show.

4. Lack of confidence.

5. Clogger

to name a few
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Spiritater wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

1. The overnight stop.

4. Lack of confidence.

5. Clogger

to name a few

Hope you're not there with your negativity. Stay at home eh and go shopping, much more exciting.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:47 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

1. The overnight stop.

4. Lack of confidence.

5. Clogger

to name a few

Hope you're not there with your negativity. Stay at home eh and go shopping, much more exciting.

Well being as though you think GC is as tactically inept as JD you're a fine one to talk. :lol: :lol:

I make no apologies for my views on this spunkless shower over the last 11 months. It's plain and stark for all to see that they aren't a good team .

However come a match day I'm there and will support again with renewed hope as always. I hope we tonk Morecambe but it will be a suprise to me if we win.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

1. The overnight stop.

4. Lack of confidence.

5. Clogger

to name a few

Well being as though you think GC is as tactically inept as JD you're a fine one to talk. :lol: :lol:

I make no apologies for my views on this spunkless shower over the last 11 months. It's plain and stark for all to see that they aren't a good team .

However come a match day I'm there and will support again with renewed hope as always. I hope we tonk Morecambe but it will be a suprise to me if we win.

And I've mentioned it once.

Not droning on with the same "spunkless" word in every thread.

I think I preferred when you droned on with "apathy" about the good towns folk :lol:
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:53 pm

wink68 wrote:What a dreadful 45 minutes that was. Two poor teams playing for a nil nil hoping to nick a goal from a set piece. Roll on the cricket season.

Christ it must be bad :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:55 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Maynard :lol: goalscorer.

Feel bad for him that we’re messing around at the bottom of the table.

Tbf had he put away a lot more of his chances we would be in with a shout of the play offs.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:57 pm

1970Stag wrote:Come on lads get a third!
Tell me Bobby didn't have a Jason White moment there?

If that had gone over Logan like that this thread would’ve reached 15 pages.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:29 pm

Dan wrote:

within half an hour :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:31 pm

part time pete wrote:
Dan wrote:

within half an hour :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Probably hit 20 pages by full time!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:33 pm

Come on Dan, we want a new score fredder for the next game. Are you up for it, Dan. Need to start fred on Wednesday.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:38 pm

part time pete wrote:Come on Dan, we want a new score fredder for the next game. Are you up for it, Dan. Need to start fred on Wednesday.

:lol: :lol: no thanks :D :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum